Windows 10: cr2 files

Discus and support cr2 files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please help very frustrated. Can NOT view thumbnails shot in raw from a 77d camera. Been using a canon and CR2 files for 3 years and have not ever had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by steve bancroft, Feb 8, 2019.

1. cr2 files

Please help very frustrated. Can NOT view thumbnails shot in raw from a 77d camera. Been using a canon and CR2 files for 3 years and have not ever had a problem.

:)

steve bancroft, Feb 8, 2019

2. .CR2 raw files not opening

Hi,

We may open .cr2 files using the Photo file. We need additional information to help resolve your concern. Are you getting any error message when opening a .cr2 file format? If yes, we recommend setting a default program to open the file. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Click Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Locate .cr2, then select Photos as the default app.

cr2 files 422ce918-8282-47eb-9d60-3d2b2c75bdad?upload=true.png

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 8, 2019
  3. CR2 files

Yes so does mine but the CR2 file is the new standard from Canon and I can't open it at all.

ChuckBelliveau, Feb 8, 2019
  4. cr2 files

Trouble with Canon CR2 RAW files

Hi: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 about 6 weeks ago.
    Hopefully this is the right forum for the problem.
    Latest issue is that when I connect my (older) Canon camera via USB to the computer, Windows 10 can see the drive/CR2 files on it OK, but cannot display them (just lists them with a generic thumbnail icon).
    None of my various photo editing software programs can even see the USB connection post Windows upgrade.
    If I move a CR2 file from the camera to the hard drive, none of the photo viewers (that could all previously display CR2 images in 8.1) can display them now - I have updated to the latest Win10 versions of those viewers, still no luck.
    To make it even stranger, Windows and the other photo viewers can display the existing CR2 files (i.e. that were present on the hard drive when I did the Windows update, and came from the same camera) with no problem, it's only new ones from the camera (which has NOT had a firmware update or any changes like that) that it can't seem to handle.
    Any ideas? I really don't want to have to roll back to 8.1 ...
    Thanks.

Anachronista, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

cr2 files

1. cr2 files - Similar Threads - cr2 files

2. turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application: Hello everyone,I would like to know if there's any way to turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in the photo application on Windows 11 Pro.It shows it correctly in the thumbnail:It's great that the Photo app now opens CR2 files, but this is completely unusable like this, so...
  3. turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in photo application: Hello everyone,I would like to know if there's any way to turn off auto enhancement of CR2 files in the photo application on Windows 11 Pro.It shows it correctly in the thumbnail:It's great that the Photo app now opens CR2 files, but this is completely unusable like this, so...
  4. Updated way to convert CR2 files to JPEG in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated way to convert CR2 files to JPEG in Windows 11?: I wondering if there is a way to convert my CR2 photography files to JPEG? I saw a post from a few years ago but it seems the link to the codec files are out of date. Any tips?...
  5. Updated way to convert CR2 files to JPEG in Windows 11?

Updated way to convert CR2 files to JPEG in Windows 11?: I wondering if there is a way to convert my CR2 photography files to JPEG? I saw a post from a few years ago but it seems the link to the codec files are out of date. Any tips?...
  6. How to set another default app for CR2 files in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set another default app for CR2 files in Windows 11?: The OS doesn't allow to set other default app than Photos for CR2 files.The "Always" button are absent:Through settings it's also impossible because configuring is disabled:How to set app as default for CR2 files other than Photos in Windows 11?...
  7. How to set another default app for CR2 files in Windows 11?

How to set another default app for CR2 files in Windows 11?: The OS doesn't allow to set other default app than Photos for CR2 files.The "Always" button are absent:Through settings it's also impossible because configuring is disabled:How to set app as default for CR2 files other than Photos in Windows 11?...
  8. Windows 11 Photo app flips vertical CR2 image files to landscape

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Photo app flips vertical CR2 image files to landscape: So far I tried uninstalling the photos app with PowerShell. I tried using the Legacy Photos app.Pictures flip after the raw file loads in completely.Pictures that were already landscape stay that way....
  9. Windows 11 Photo app flips vertical CR2 image files to landscape

Windows 11 Photo app flips vertical CR2 image files to landscape: So far I tried uninstalling the photos app with PowerShell. I tried using the Legacy Photos app.Pictures flip after the raw file loads in completely.Pictures that were already landscape stay that way....
  10. I had been editing a set of RAW photos. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had been editing a set of RAW photos. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't...: I had been editing a set of RAW photos in PS for a couple weeks. Now the RAW files turned into CR2 and they won't let me open them. It says "could not complete your request because it is not the right type of document". I can't see the photo in the thumbnail anymore on...