Windows 10: Crackeling audio on Blue USB microphone

Discus and support Crackeling audio on Blue USB microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running a brand new Dell XPS 17 9700 Windows 10 v.2004 OS build 19041.572 intel i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz 32 GB Ram NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Improvactor, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Crackeling audio on Blue USB microphone

I'm running a brand new Dell XPS 17 9700
    Windows 10 v.2004 OS build 19041.572
    intel i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz
    32 GB Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with Max-Q Design
    A Blue Raspberry USB Microphone plugged into the included Dell USB/HDMI adapter
    A CamLink4k plugged directly into a USB-C port, with an HDMI cable running into my Canon EOS M100
    And a second monitor connected via the HDMI adapter that came with my laptop
    I'm running Zoom v5.4.0 58636.1026, but the problem with the audio sounding garbled happens on Google Meet as well. I even managed to record the audio problem using Voice Recorder.

Blue USB microphones are amazing. They sound great, they're easy to use, and they're super popular. Unfortunately my Blue Raspberry USB microphone doesn't work on my new XPS laptop.

I switch to my Raspberry in Zoom, it works for 1-5 minutes, and then my audio signal turns to garbage. I can switch away to a different USB microphone I have a MOVO with a USB converter I use as a backup, but when I switch back to the Raspberry I get 1-5 minutes before it starts sounding <Profanity removed> again.

To top off my audio problems as soon as I switch to my CamLink4k in Zoom the whole system bogs down. I can't resize the window. I can't drag the screen around. My whole computer is freezing up. It's kinda crazy. I just did a Zoom call and was able to work around the problem by switching to my internal webcam thus unfreezing my system, moved the screen to my second monitor and got it sized correctly, and then switched back to my CamLink. The call was just between me and one other person and didn't freeze this time, but last week when I had 6 people on the call it would freeze every 5-10 minutes unfrozen only by switching away to the webcam and back again.

I've ran this same setup on my 10-year old Dell XPS running windows 7, and my partner's 10 year old MacBookPro, with no problems ever with either audio or video. As a new Windows 10 user I'm pretty sad.

:)

Improvactor, Nov 11, 2020

2. Blue Snowball microphone with low audio quality on Windows 10.

Hi Eoin,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change microphone or audio settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to check the issue by connecting with another microphone device on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer when you use the Microphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Please get back to us with an update on with low sound through Microphone, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Crackeling audio on Blue USB microphone

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Crackeling audio on Blue USB microphone

1. Crackeling audio on Blue USB microphone - Similar Threads - Crackeling audio Blue

2. USB Audio CODEC Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio CODEC Microphone not working: Speakers are connected to mini-line, and its connected to mixete, which is connected to computer,I have my headphones plugged in mixete and its working, speakers also,But i can't get microphone to work, even if it is not plugged in, computer recognizes microphone, and some...
  3. USB Audio CODEC Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Audio CODEC Microphone not working: Speakers are connected to mini-line, and its connected to mixete, which is connected to computer,I have my headphones plugged in mixete and its working, speakers also,But i can't get microphone to work, even if it is not plugged in, computer recognizes microphone, and some...
  4. USB Audio CODEC Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Audio Technica ATR2100x USB Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Technica ATR2100x USB Microphone: Just bought an Audio Technica ATR2100x USB microphone and it’s not working. I’ve tried all the obvious fixes and was on the chat with Dell for 2.5hrs The only thing left is that the microphone driver is not compatible with WIN11, does anybody have any ideas or shall I just...
  6. Audio Technica ATR2100x USB Microphone

Audio Technica ATR2100x USB Microphone: Just bought an Audio Technica ATR2100x USB microphone and it’s not working. I’ve tried all the obvious fixes and was on the chat with Dell for 2.5hrs The only thing left is that the microphone driver is not compatible with WIN11, does anybody have any ideas or shall I just...
  7. Blue snowball usb microphone driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue snowball usb microphone driver error: Trying to use a Blue Snowball usb Microphone on my new computer that runs windows 10. says there's a driver error. I've tried updating the drivers and my system tells me they're up to date. I've tried uninstalling the device and restarting my pc as I've seen suggested...
  8. Blue snowball usb microphone driver error

Blue snowball usb microphone driver error: Trying to use a Blue Snowball usb Microphone on my new computer that runs windows 10. says there's a driver error. I've tried updating the drivers and my system tells me they're up to date. I've tried uninstalling the device and restarting my pc as I've seen suggested...
  9. Blue Screen.. When USB Microphone is Working

Blue Screen.. When USB Microphone is Working: Hello, I have an M-Audio Uber Microphone. This is USB microphone. When I use "Discord", I sometimes get a blue screen within 5-10 minutes, sometimes within half an hour. Although it is less, sometimes I have this problem when I do not use "Discord". I'm not a bad computer...
  10. Microphone USB Audio CODEC not working

Microphone USB Audio CODEC not working: Hope someone can help me. I use a Behringer sound board to record through Audacity. A few weeks ago it jus stopped working, after running troubleshooter, it tells me No Audio Jack information available for Microphone USB Audio CODEC. The drivers are all up to date via...