Windows 10: CRACKING AUDIO AND LOW FPS ISSUES.

Discus and support CRACKING AUDIO AND LOW FPS ISSUES. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, i have some issues that started like 5 days ago, and it only happens when i play video games, just like from start normally its going ok, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bobbyczech, Jan 3, 2021.

1. CRACKING AUDIO AND LOW FPS ISSUES.

Hello, i have some issues that started like 5 days ago, and it only happens when i play video games, just like from start normally its going ok, but sometimes, not everytime but sometimes, my audio starts like cracking and my fps like is like on 15, im using laptop, its not overheating hardly, i have normally 60°-79° that's my normal, here are my specs.

Nvidia GEFORCE GTM 540M with 2GB dedicated VRAM
    Intel Core I7 2670QM 2.2GHz with turbo boost to 3.1GHz
    8 GBRam.

I don't actually understand why that happens cauusee, this never happened, never, i dont know what to do with that, please help me, safe me from my problems, i cant play like that, please, thank u for reading this, bye. -bobby

:)

bobbyczech, Jan 3, 2021

2. Windows 10 audio stuttering/cracking issues

I know there are quite a few threads open for this issue but after hours of research and trial and error I haven't found a solution yet. Plus I'm not that much into the internals of Windows and can't really figure out what all those captured data means.

The issue is simple: I often hear a loud cracking sound when I move over menu entries in game which cause short sound effects like a single "click" sound. This happens more or less frequent and becomes annoying quickly. Moreover I realized that those short sounds often don't play as intended. If you move over quickly you hear a click sound for each menu entry, sometimes you hear nothing at all for 1-2 seconds and then you hear it fade in and work as intended.

Same goes for VLC player - when I move around the timeline quickly you often hear the cracking when the video starts playing again after "jumping".

I tested with LatencyMon and got a highest DPC latency of 2557 us with a message that my system couldn't handle realtime audio.

So things I already tried:

• Updated BIOS to latest version
    • Tried disabling HPET (though in Windows 10 this seems to be a resolved issue since HPET only runs for specific applications)
    • Updated all drivers
    • Various other things in the BIOS which did not help

And now for the data. I got the following:

As far as I understand the most troublesome drivers seem to be the Realtek HD Audio driver and the DirectX Kernel.

Little side-note: I had a SoundBlaster ZX a time ago which I sent back. The card had - though it should move audio processing to the sound card instead doing it on the CPU - the same issues with cracking sounds.

Moreover the Windows installation is quite fresh (beginning of June) so there shouldn't be much issues from cluttering.

EDIT: My PC specs are the following (it should handle that well enough)

• i5 6600K 4C @ 4.7 Ghz
    • AMD Radeon R9 290
    • 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM
    • System drive SSD 256GB
    • AsRock Z170 Extreme 4+ MoBo

SharpShade, Jan 3, 2021
  3. R-Man Win User
    Experiencing strange behavior (choppy audio + low fps) DPC Latency?

After a fresh reboot, I started Dota and played for a bit, encountered bad audio and fps. Then I checked the Event Viewer but there were no errors/warnings that happened during playing.

I don't think memory is the issue. During playing there are almost 3GB of RAM free and about 2.5 on standby. Also the disk usage was pretty low after the game loaded.

R-Man, Jan 3, 2021
  4. CRACKING AUDIO AND LOW FPS ISSUES.

Windows 10 and LOW FPS in games

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Are you facing this issue with a particular game or with all games?

I suggest you to go into the games settings and check if the FPS is set to low. IF its low then change it into high.

Also see if the Monitor screen resolution matches the game screen resolution. You can check it by going into the setting of the game and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

CRACKING AUDIO AND LOW FPS ISSUES.

1. CRACKING AUDIO AND LOW FPS ISSUES. - Similar Threads - CRACKING AUDIO LOW

2. Low fps on everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low fps on everything: I resseted my PC to a fresh start and when the system is done installing I restarted it. I notice something wierd like it's so laggy. I launcher one of my game and see that the fps is only 7. I don't know what happened I know my GPU is working and I haven't remove anything....
  3. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in everything: Resetted my laptop and after the installation felt something wrong. It is laggy and sometimes hang. I play random games and found out that the FPS drops. GTX 1050 Intel i5-7300HQ Ram -8 GB HDD -1TB...
  4. Low FPS issues in all games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low FPS issues in all games: Hello, Over the past 3 weeks I have had a 50% decrease in my fps. It went from 60-30 and I am unable to play all my games except League of Legends. I have updated all my drivers including using rollback drivers. I don’t know what to do as this has been a reoccurring problem....
  5. Low FPS issues in all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low FPS issues in all games: Hello, Over the past 3 weeks I have had a 50% decrease in my fps. It went from 60-30 and I am unable to play all my games except League of Legends. I have updated all my drivers including using rollback drivers. I don’t know what to do as this has been a reoccurring problem....
  6. Low FPS issues in all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Low fps in everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low fps in everything: So Today i reseted my pc to a fresh start, and when the system installed, i felt something was wrong, like that the whole system was laggy than before the reset, and when i launched a random game that i installed, i had 5 fps in it even tho i always had like 100 fps Idk i...
  8. Audio Cracking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Cracking: My audio was working fine when I plug in my headphones then I took it out. Then I had audio cracking. Can someone please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-cracking/c3b75143-6ad3-428b-a505-c3889a7b521d
  9. Cracking Audio and Low Fps, HELP PLEASE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cracking Audio and Low Fps, HELP PLEASE.: Hello, i have some issues that started like 5 days ago, and it only happens when i play video games, just like from start normally its going ok, but sometimes, not everytime but sometimes, my audio starts like cracking and my fps like is like on 15, im using laptop, its not...
  10. Low FPS in games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low FPS in games: Hi - My laptop is reasonably well spec'd: i7, RTX 2070, 32 GB RAM. For whatever reason, games like Minecraft and GTA V don't run as smoothly as they used to, getting only about 70 and 40 FPS respectively. Is there anything I can do to fix it other than updating my...