Windows 10: Crackling sound in my speaker

Discus and support Crackling sound in my speaker in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had no issues with my speaker sounds until today. Today I transferred an audio file from my phone to laptop, I haven't opened that audio file yet. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imsotired, Feb 24, 2019.

1. imsotired Win User

Crackling sound in my speaker

I had no issues with my speaker sounds until today. Today I transferred an audio file from my phone to laptop, I haven't opened that audio file yet. I did record a sample directly with my laptop microphone to audio software I downloaded months ago called audacity. Now my speakers have a crackling sound when I listen to youtube. I never had that problem before. What could have gone wrong?

:)

imsotired, Feb 24, 2019
  2. CFLAGS Win User

Realtek HD Audio latency leading to crackling sounds from the speakers

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio speakers driver. Everytime a sound is about to be play, the speakers of the laptop make a crackling sound, similar to the sound of static electricity.

I am using Windows 10 and have the latest version of the Realtek HD Audio driver.

I ran the Latencymon v 6.50 to check for latencies, and I get the following result:

"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. Also one or more ISR routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one problem appears to be network related. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

These results appear to be spot-on, however I'm surprised it mentions that at least one problem is network related, since I have the latest network drivers, and even when disabling the network adapters I still get the crackling sound.

I reckon the CPU throttling mentioned is related to the CPU exectution cap which I already set to 100%.

The other thing I need to mention is that this is a new laptop, and from the first day, even with the old drivers I noticed the crackling sound, and I assumed it would go away after I updated the drivers. I have all the newest drivers and I still get this problem.

The funny thing is that when I plug-in the laptop, it somehow does not give the crackling sound, but when I approach my ear to the speakers, I hear that they are on, even when nothing is playing ( I know because they emit some kind of barely distinguishable white noise). When the laptop is not plugged in however the speakers make the crackling noise before playing sound, and when they finish playing the sounds, the speakers go off ( when I approach my ear the white noise isn't heard anymore).

Notice that the crackling sound is heard only once: after I click on some audio to play; then the crackling disappears, only to appear when I got to the next song ( or audio file).

What do you suggest I do about it? In the beginning I thought it was a hardware problem, but given the fact that during playback the speakers do not exhibit any weird behavior, I am led to believe it is a drivers' problem.

CFLAGS, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Sound Crackles

NGB5, there are several possible causes, so this cure probably won't work for you. But it worked for me.

I had a crackling sound because my speakers were too high. By raising the volume through the Windows software, and lowering the volume by turning the knob on the back of the speaker, I got the same volume without the crackling.

Vince Massi, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Crackling sound in my speaker

Lumia 735 Crackling Speaker Sound

I have just purchased Lumia 735 phone. I am quite happy with it but have been seeing an issue I'd like to see if anyone else had.

It is the case when I have the phone on a speaker, no matter what volume. Mainly I have noticed it with an alarm as I use it the most with speaker. The sound is not always clear and sometimes it resonates. I.e. the sound is crackling, like from a bad speaker.
    Anyone else has these issues?

akinom---01, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Crackling sound in my speaker

1. Crackling sound in my speaker - Similar Threads - Crackling sound speaker

2. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  3. Speakers giving crackling sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers giving crackling sound: I have a hp laptop with latest version of windows 11. Whenever I open a game and start playing it, in a matter of minutes the speakers start giving out a crackling sound. Then I open the hp support assistant and it fixes the audio issues by reseting the speaker drivers. But...
  4. Crackling sound From Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound From Speakers: Title: Crackling noise from laptop speakers on Windows 11Hi community,I'm facing a frustrating issue with my HP Pavilion Gaming Edition laptop running Windows 11. Whenever I play audio on my laptop, I hear crackling noises from the speakers. It's extremely annoying and I've...
  5. Crackling sound From Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling sound From Speakers: Title: Crackling noise from laptop speakers on Windows 11Hi community,I'm facing a frustrating issue with my HP Pavilion Gaming Edition laptop running Windows 11. Whenever I play audio on my laptop, I hear crackling noises from the speakers. It's extremely annoying and I've...
  6. Laptop speakers start crackling sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop speakers start crackling sound: I have bought a new Asus Laptop. Whenever I listen songs on it, it works well. But after 6 or 7 minutes, speakers start making crackling sound. Then I disable and re-enable the speakers, then it becomes fine. After 6 or 7 minutes, it again starts making crackling sound. I...
  7. Sound crackling or interference in speaker & headphones.

Sound crackling or interference in speaker & headphones.: Good evening, I have a problem in my new Dell G7 7700, I have updated my drivers and the Bios even and reinstalled Windows 10. The problem persists I do not know what it is really about I am attaching the google drive link of the video just when the problem appears....
  8. Crackling Sound on Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling Sound on Speaker: I got a crackling sound in the front left satelite that doesn't go away whatever I do I did: 1.Restarted the system 2.Changed the wires 3.Changed the satelites between them to check if it's the satelite, and the sound comes from the exact same place front left even after...
  9. Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers: Issues with my lenovo ideapad 330s Laptop: Crackling speakers sometimes they are silent or in other cases they stay quiet no matter the volume. Crackling in earbuds cannot change sound frequency (grayed out) Note: The speakers were fine when i got it but after I reset...
  10. Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones)

Laptop Sound Crackling and Popping (with speakers and headphones): Hello all, I don't usually post in these forums, but the problem I have is driving me absolutely crazy, and I don't have the luxury to drop off my laptop at a repair place for 1+ week. The problem is basically what I said in the title. I'm using an Asus Q525, Windows 10,...