Windows 10: Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys

Discus and support Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am having some issues with audio recording that seems to be caused by high DPC latency issues. I record music with a mixer that I is plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dondehaan96, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys

Hi,

I am having some issues with audio recording that seems to be caused by high DPC latency issues. I record music with a mixer that I is plugged into my laptop through usb. On the record I can hear crackling sounds. I have searched for solutions on many forums and communities but have not yet found a solution. Based on what I found there, it apparently has something to do with high latency and maybe a bug in an earlier windows update. I have tried all "standard procedures" that are described there, like maximizing power, disabling power throttling, turning off the WIFI etc.. Furthermore, all drivers, the BIOS, and Windows are updated. The thing is, the mixer is brand new so I also do not know when this "behaviour started", since I just bought the mixer. I know it's not the mixer, since it is brand new and the correct and latest drivers and firmware are downloaded.

Another solution I found in communities is the Windows 10 cumulative update KB4505903 (https://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-latest-cumulative-update-kb4505903-quietly-fixed-the-dpc-latency-issue-in-windows-10-1903-update/). I found the update (https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4505903) but unfortunately when I tried to install the update, I get an error saying the update can not be downloaded on my computer.

I am using a laptop with the following specs:

Lenovo 330S-14IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81F4

Processor: 1x Intel Core i5-8250U Processor(Core i5-8250U)
    Memory: 1x 4GB DDR4 2400
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64(EN:English,FR:French,DE:German,NL:Netherlands Dutch)
    Hard Drive: 1x 128GB PCIe
    Wireless Network: 1x
    Ports: 1x Combo Audio Jack
    Camera: 1x Slim HD camera
    Graphics: 1x Intel UHD 620

I also ran a scan by LatencyMon for multiple times and it appears that the high latency is caused by ndis.sys and ACPI.sys. Below are the results.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:47:39 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    SYSTEM INFORMATION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Computer name: LAPTOP-11VNPDL2 OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363 (x64) Hardware: 81F4, LENOVO, LNVNB161216 CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz Logical processors: 8 Processor groups: 1 RAM: 8097 MB total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CPU SPEED _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Reported CPU speed: 180 MHz
    Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.
    Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 21684,80
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 5,196987
    Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 21678,90
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1,672228

REPORTED ISRs _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.
    Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 295,016667
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework-runtime, Microsoft Corporation
    Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,005180
    Driver with highest ISR total time: ACPI.sys - ACPI-stuurprogramma voor NT, Microsoft Corporation
    Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,008285

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 276594
    ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 2 ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0 ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.
    Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 25488,231111
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - NDIS (Network Driver Interface Specification), Microsoft Corporation
    Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,031765
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework-runtime, Microsoft Corporation
    Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0,078648

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 2168063
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0 DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 6774 DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 31 DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 15 DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.
    NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: chrome.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 21769
    Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 4531 Number of processes hit: 111

PER CPU DATA _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 70,186838 CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 295,016667 CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 1,851869 CPU 0 ISR count: 272346 CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 4854,567778 CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 15,119340 CPU 0 DPC count: 1833602 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 41,551061 CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 202,825556 CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0,042330 CPU 1 ISR count: 4201 CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1065,406667 CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0,956319 CPU 1 DPC count: 97838 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 37,048119 CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 103,512222 CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0,001176 CPU 2 ISR count: 49 CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 25488,231111 CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 1,256244 CPU 2 DPC count: 72904 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 49,277677 CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0 CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0 CPU 3 ISR count: 0 CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 461,006667 CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0,079959 CPU 3 DPC count: 26708 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 32,994099 CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0 CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0 CPU 4 ISR count: 0 CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 778,772222 CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0,215266 CPU 4 DPC count: 46473 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 48,009885 CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0 CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0 CPU 5 ISR count: 0 CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 382,371667 CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0,104484 CPU 5 DPC count: 27020 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 32,145614 CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0 CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0 CPU 6 ISR count: 0 CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1832,527222 CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0,183766 CPU 6 DPC count: 42035 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 49,922588 CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0,0 CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0,0 CPU 7 ISR count: 0 CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 434,732222 CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0,077457 CPU 7 DPC count: 28311 _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys e99ae9e1-1360-4a52-bf7d-f5b3ce6f601b?upload=true.png Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys 779b5aed-1b80-4dd9-9faa-112e902db016?upload=true.png

I am desperately looking for a solution since my new DJ-setup is useless if I can not properly record mixes. I bought it a week ago so I only have e few days left to decide if I have to return it, but I really do not want to be forced to return it due to issues with my laptop.. If any of you have any suggestions how to solve this, please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

:)

Dondehaan96, Dec 13, 2019

2. High DPC latency

I use my Dell XPS for recording and live playback but the system suffers from high DPC latency caused by ACPI driver.

I removed Dell audio drivers and installed those from RealTek with no avail. Latency is an issue because I need this computer for live recording. Please your advice.

ChaundraRaddatz, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Le Jester Win User
    High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

Hello,

I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking
    program, latencymon.

I really want to know if there is a fix since I have browsed a wide range of sites trying to find a fix, I could not find any. And also my keyboard stopped working for some reason, if its ok I would like to find a fix for that, but
    I prioritize fixing the high latency over the keyboard.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Le Jester, Dec 13, 2019
  4. CEL
    Cel Win User

Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys

Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys [​IMG]

Unfortunately updating logitech software did not help.

So is there any way to find out which program or hardware uses that Wdf01000?

Thema:

Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys

1. Crackling sound on audio recording. High DPC latency ACPI.sys and ndis.sys - Similar Threads - Crackling sound audio

2. High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag: Hello I have been having audio issues ever since I got a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen and a Shure SM7B + cloudlifter. It started off with crackling every couple minutes and then started getting worse and worse as time went on. I thought it mightve been a hardware thing...
  3. High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High dpc latency causing audio crackling/lag: Hello I have been having audio issues ever since I got a new Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen and a Shure SM7B + cloudlifter. It started off with crackling every couple minutes and then started getting worse and worse as time went on. I thought it mightve been a hardware thing...
  4. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  5. DPC Latency caused by wdf010000.sys... cannot use for audio production

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC Latency caused by wdf010000.sys... cannot use for audio production: I have a new laptop that I wish to use as a Digital Audio Workstation home music studio. 2020 HP Spectre x360 laptop with 11 gen i7 processor, SSD, 16gb ram I'm also using a Tascam US 4x4 audio interface and Calkewalk. The system is having a great deal of difficulty...
  6. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  7. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  8. high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds)

high DPC latency and audio distortion (crackling and popping sounds): Hi guys, Yesterday evening I was watching some youtube videos when suddenly the sound cut out. I turned the volume back up only to find there was a loud staticky crackling pop as the only audio output. Audio output is fine on headphones. I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 (with...
  9. Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys: I've been having an issue with my sound were it starts stuttering after some time for no reason. I've downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me that wdf01000.sys goes over 50ms after a couple of hours while ACPI.sys can go higher than 1ms. They both got high DPC with wdf driver...
  10. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys: I have recently added a new mixer (Presonus Studio Live 16 Series III) to my studio and started having some major issues. It wouldn't be read by the Presonus Studio One 3 DAW. I asked Presonus for help and they asked me to give them a LatencyMon report. The report plainly...