Windows 10: Crackling sound on new computer

Discus and support Crackling sound on new computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i just finished building my new computer with an Asus Rog strix X570 F Gaming Mainboard, RTX 3060 MSI graphic card and a Ryzen 5950x CPU. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by STZ123, Apr 8, 2021.

1. STZ123 Win User

Crackling sound on new computer

Hi,

i just finished building my new computer with an Asus Rog strix X570 F Gaming Mainboard, RTX 3060 MSI graphic card and a Ryzen 5950x CPU. I have some very strange sound problems which so far nobody can solve.

When I start Itunes and scroll thePlaylist up and down the sound crackles and makes noises. This effect does not appear when I run Itunes only just after booting. But when I run a Game, OBS or some other programms the crackling gets worse. In these situations I even experience crackling sound without even scrolling in Itunes. The problem appears only by moving my mouse in a game or in other programms. As i said before it gets worse the more programms I run or the more performance I need.

The fun part is that I cannot record these noises with OBS or other programs. I can only hear the noises on my headphone and my USB 2.1 sound system. I have not tried the optical slot yet but I will do this next weekend.

Friends told me that it could have something to do with the performace of the GPU, which then is disturbing the on-board-sound-card of the mainboard. So I tried a soundlbaster sound card today, hoping that the problem would disppear, which it didnt. I just made it worse and I had crackling sound all the time.

Another friend told me to run LatencyMon and post the record here. You will find it below. I already made all updates possible to Windows and Drivers. Already reinstalled audi driver but nothing seems to work. I will try a BIOS Update tomorrow.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve my issue?

Your system seems to be having difficultyhandling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicksor pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to adriver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problemmay be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in ControlPanel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your systemfor 0:03:49 h:mm:ss on all processors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SYSTEM INFORMATION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Computer name: EVA11

OS version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042 x64

Hardware: System Product Name, Systemmanufacturer

CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor

Logical processors: 32

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 65445 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 340 MHz

Note: reported execution times may becalculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settingslike Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurateresults.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects themeasured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardwarerequest from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. Thisincludes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of anevent and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state inresponse to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latencyµs: 976,101711

Average measured interrupt to process latencyµs: 19,116466

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latencyµs: 211,409551

Average measured interrupt to DPC latencyµs: 8,783451

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routinesinstalled by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardwareinterrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time µs: 709,910

Driver with highest ISR routine executiontime: HDAudBus.sys - HighDefinition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time%: 0,002893

Driver with highest ISR total time: HDAudBus.sys - HighDefinition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs % 0,003080

ISR count execution time <250 µs: 43454

ISR count execution time 250-500 µs: 0

ISR count execution time 500-1000 µs: 3

ISR count execution time 1000-2000 µs: 0

ISR count execution time 2000-4000 µs: 0

ISR count execution time >=4000 µs: 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interruptservicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process toutilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time µs: 1362,630

Driver with highest DPC routine executiontime: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectXGraphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time%: 0,006327

Driver with highest DPC total executiontime: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectXGraphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs % 0,016880

DPC count execution time <250 µs: 181226

DPC count execution time 250-500 µs: 0

DPC count execution time 500-10000 µs: 11

DPC count execution time 1000-2000 µs: 2

DPC count execution time 2000-4000 µs: 0

DPC count execution time >=4000 µs: 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggeredby making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by amemory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefaultrequires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted andblocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hardpagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely tointerrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check theProcesses tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: discord.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 128

Hard pagefault count of hardest hitprocess: 49

Number of processes hit: 14

:)

STZ123, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

New Buzzing Crackling Sound

Hi Holly,

Corrupted system files or outdated drivers may be one of the possible causes why hearing buzzing crackling sound. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know the build and version of Windows your Windows 10. Have you made any recent changes prior to this
    issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot sound problem.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Help! Acer laptop crackling sound with headphones

Hi,

The crackling sound from your device when using headphones can be due to either hardware or software related issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different headphones? If yes, did you encounter the same issue?

As an initial step we suggest that you update your sound driver to eliminate any issues related to faulty or outdated drivers. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your device drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darwin Dim, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Jake327 Win User

Cannot change sound quality frequency/Crackling speakers

Issues with my lenovo ideapad 330s Laptop:

• Crackling speakers sometimes they are silent or in other cases they stay quiet no matter the volume.
    • Crackling in earbuds
    • cannot change sound frequency (grayed out)
    Note: The speakers were fine when i got it but after I reset windows theyve started crackling. Ive tried fixing my crackling speakers by:

• uninstalling/reinstalling device drivers
    • reinstalling windows
    • creating new accounts
    • disabling every driver one at a time to see if that changes anything
    • checking internal cabling to make sure no wires are touching
    I still have yet to try changing sound frequency because its grayed out

PS: nothing important is on the computer i dont mind losing anything.

Help would very much be appreciated.

Jake327, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Crackling sound on new computer - Similar Threads - Crackling sound computer

2. Crackling sound coming from overheated computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound coming from overheated computer: As the title says when any sound comes from the laptop it comes out as crackling. It's not an issue related to speakers or headphones. It comes out when I playing games because laptop overheats This is my thought. After closing the game that overheats the laptop the problem...
  3. Crackling sound coming from overheated computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling sound coming from overheated computer: As the title says when any sound comes from the laptop it comes out as crackling. It's not an issue related to speakers or headphones. It comes out when I playing games because laptop overheats This is my thought. After closing the game that overheats the laptop the problem...
  4. crackling sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crackling sound?: i joined the insider program to get a new windows 11 update then restarted and all my sound is crackling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound/94964467-f487-4e19-be07-6a2f6ae16553
  5. crackling sound?

crackling sound?: i joined the insider program to get a new windows 11 update then restarted and all my sound is crackling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound/94964467-f487-4e19-be07-6a2f6ae16553
  6. Crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound: Hi all,I have a strange symptom I can't get repaired my self, please help.The symptoms I am experiencing:1. A crackling sound through my speakers when sound plays. It doesn't matter what application i use. 2. When the PC gets really busy, music slows down a bit it's not...
  7. Crackling sound

Crackling sound: Hi all,I have a strange symptom I can't get repaired my self, please help.The symptoms I am experiencing:1. A crackling sound through my speakers when sound plays. It doesn't matter what application i use. 2. When the PC gets really busy, music slows down a bit it's not...
  8. Sound Crackling/Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Crackling/Popping: I finally changed my Win7 to Win10 after few years because my friend convinced me. Now all of a sudden i got crackling issues with my audio since the first day i installed it, it comes and goes. YouTube everything! It drives me insane. I tried reinstalling drivers, I even...
  9. Computer stuttering and sound crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuttering and sound crackling: Hey, I've been having problems with my computer for few days. After starting a game, computer starts lagging, sound starts to crackle and stutter. It's really annoying and I'd like to get rid of it. As LatencyMon say, my computer has problems with process latency and DPC...
  10. Sound Crackles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Crackles: Whenever I'm watching a stream or playing a game with a stream my sound crackles and pops. I'm using Sennhieser PC 363d and I've tried another headset and also speakers and I'm still experiencing the sound issues. It started happening about 3 weeks ago when I started playing...