Windows 10: Crackling sound using Headset on Dell Latitue 5490 using Miscrosoft USB Audio Device Driver...

Discus and support Crackling sound using Headset on Dell Latitue 5490 using Miscrosoft USB Audio Device Driver... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have just migrated off an HP EliteBook 840 laptop (Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.15063 Build 15063) onto a new Dell Latitude 5490 laptop (Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Suthosharko_01, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Crackling sound using Headset on Dell Latitue 5490 using Miscrosoft USB Audio Device Driver...

I have just migrated off an HP EliteBook 840 laptop (Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.15063 Build 15063) onto a new Dell Latitude 5490 laptop (Windows 10 Enterprise 10.0.17134 Build 17134) and when I use either of my Jabra Evolve 40 MS Stereo or a GN 2000 USB headsets, I hear crackling noises. Both headsets worked fine on my old HP laptop. Also, when I play sound through the Dell's speakers (as opposed to headsets), it also is fine.

On my new Dell, both headsets use Microsoft's USB Audio Device driver version 10.0.17134.1.

On my old HP laptop they both use Microsoft's USB Audio Device driver version 10.0.15063.502.

I did found this article. Not sure if it is related https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/audio-crackling-popping-then-desync-from-video.209730/. Bottom line is … does anyone have any idea whether this could be a driver issue or might it be a hardware issue or something else.

Is there a way to install another driver version for the headsets to test whether its a driver issue, since when I click Update Driver Windows says it already has the best driver installed.

:)

Suthosharko_01, Feb 20, 2019

2. Audio Crackle Using Headset

Hi, I'm having an audio problem with my Dell laptop running Windows 10. I plug headphones in and the audio gets crackles so much I can't stand it. My headset works fine with my Xbox One and phone. It's just with my laptop. Is there something I'm overlooking?
    I've searched this site for a while and haven't found anything that works for me. Any suggestions?

PvtTucker45, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Crackling sound on Dell XPS 15 win10

My Dell XPS 15 L502X producing crackling sound. I am having Realteck High Definition driver installed. Pl suggest solution.

BRIJESHAGARWAL, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Crackling sound using Headset on Dell Latitue 5490 using Miscrosoft USB Audio Device Driver...

Cortana will not recognise my USB headset as an audio input device

Even though your headset appears to be working in some apps, it sounds like the Windows 10 equivalent drivers are not allowing the proper drivers to install and take precedent causing Cortana to not recognize said headset.

Lets start with the following steps to correct this:

1. To ensure changes to the driver do not occur without your knowledge, open the Control Panel (right-click Start button and select Control Panel)
    2. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings
    3. Click Hardware tab > Device Installation Settings and select No, let me choose what to do option
    4. Select Never install driver software from Windows Update
    5. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+X and choose Device Manager.
    6. In Device Manager, navigate to Sound, video and game controllers
    7. Right click on the audio /microphone driver currently installed matching said headset and choose uninstall
    8. Ensure the delete the driver software for this device is checked
    9. Download and install the latest drivers for said headset
    10. Reboot the device
    11. Ensure the new drivers are installed and test Cortana ability to recognize the headset

Anthony Bartolo, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Crackling sound using Headset on Dell Latitue 5490 using Miscrosoft USB Audio Device Driver...

1. Crackling sound using Headset on Dell Latitue 5490 using Miscrosoft USB Audio Device Driver... - Similar Threads - Crackling sound using

2. realtek audio driver make crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    realtek audio driver make crackling sound: hello, i have windows 11 homethis problem caused by realtek audi driveri think, lately my laptop make crackling sound from speaker / headphone when playing sound, the crackling sound happen randomly i playing an audio . after pausing the audio for a while and start to play...
  3. realtek audio driver make crackling sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    realtek audio driver make crackling sound: hello, i have windows 11 homethis problem caused by realtek audi driveri think, lately my laptop make crackling sound from speaker / headphone when playing sound, the crackling sound happen randomly i playing an audio . after pausing the audio for a while and start to play...
  4. DELL LATITUE TOUCHSCREEN ISSUES

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DELL LATITUE TOUCHSCREEN ISSUES: After the last windows 10 update i keep getting a flashing bubble to the right side of the screen and the mouse pointer seems to be stuck inside the bubble. i can barely move the mouse pointed but to have full control i have to uninstall the HID touchscreen device which...
  5. Bluetooth Headset Audio Crackling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headset Audio Crackling: I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones and when I connect them to my PC, there is a Headphones mode and a Headset mode. The audio is perfectly fine in Headphones mode but since I need a microphone, I need to have it in Headset mode. The problem is that whenever I put it into...
  6. USB Audio Crackling

USB Audio Crackling: Using apple type-c to 3.5mm adapter there is constant horrible crackling. I tried to measure the DPC latency with LatencyMon, but the results are "green." What is interesting though, the crackling completely disappears as soon as I start monitoring in the LatencyMon, and then...
  7. Sound crackles while using low buffer on ASIO device

Sound crackles while using low buffer on ASIO device: So I use Reaper with SAR on my Soundblaster Z with a 96 ASIO buffer. On 1909 I had zero issue, no crackle nothing while tabbing out of games. Now with 2004 this happens in some games that while they go into fullscreen I get sound issues. It is super inconsistent too....
  8. Sound inconsistency using headset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound inconsistency using headset: I have an issue when using a headset for audio. Basically, it will randomly go full volume in the middle of sounds. Not in the direct middle, just as in random sound peaks for no reason. Sometimes it can be loud for a while, sometimes correct volume for a while. I'm not sure...
  9. USB headset driver now "Lync Audio" not "Logitech," but no sound

USB headset driver now "Lync Audio" not "Logitech," but no sound: I have a Logitech USB headset that had been working fine until we went on vacation in December; Windows 10 64 bit on two machines, multiple USB jacks, it all worked great. Came back from vacation, and Windows now says that instead of that device being a "Logitech headset" it...
  10. Using a Bluetooth headset with an USB Bluetooth device

Using a Bluetooth headset with an USB Bluetooth device: I bought an USB bluetooth device and a bluetooth headset to play a game. However, as soon as I connected the headset to the computer to play the game, various problems occured. Then I realized when I speak I was not able to hear and the other way around was also problematic....