Windows 10: Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

Discus and support Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A. UserHA, Feb 22, 2024.

1. A. UserHA Win User

Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The issue in question is fixed whenever I restart the Windows Audio service in services.msc. I've already tried reinstalling all of my audio drivers in order to resolve the issue, but it still occasionally happens.My question is; what does the Windows Audio service control? I don't want to restart all audio services to fix

:)

A. UserHA, Feb 22, 2024

2. Audio Static/Crackling

Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear.

I have done so many things and it has not changed anything for more than a couple hours. When I tried to intall new drivers Windows would say I already had the best drivers installed. I have since completely reinstalled windows, something weird I noticed
    in device manager is that what used to be Realtek High Definition Audio Device is now AMD High Definition Audio Device. Even after a fresh install of windows and buying a brand new headset, i still get audio crackling. This is extremely frustrating. Please
    help!

Specs of PC:

CPU: Intel i3 8100k

Motherboard: Gigabyte B360 DS3H

GPU: Radeon RX 580

Ram: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

PSU: EVGA 750w N1

HDD: Western Digital Red WD10EFRX

Headset: Hyperx Cloud Stinger

Case: Cooler Master Rgb pro 5

GabrielThomassen, Feb 22, 2024
  3. audio static and crackling

So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine

until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays audio from the left only when i play a video on youtube or on MPC but when i play a song on windows media player it sorts it self out audio plays fine for a minute on youtube and MPC then it goes bad again until i play something on windows media player anyone know what is going on

STRIKER77HQ, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

Audio crackling/static when playing sound (Windows 10, Acer)

Hello,

For us to better assist you with your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds in this article
    to resolve sound issues on Windows 10.

Also, try to restart the Audio services, refer to the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in services.msc
    and clickOK.

2. Scroll down and locate Windows Audio.

3. Right-click on Windows Audio, select Restart.

4. Double click the Windows Audio and make sure that the startup type is set to
    Automatic.

5. Click on Apply and Click OK
    to save changes.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

1. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service - Similar Threads - Crackling static audio

2. Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling/static audio that is fixed when restarting Windows Audio service: I am having an issue where my microphone although it is not specific to one, I have tried other microphones will intermittently become very staticy to the point where it is hard to hear me. This issue is very infrequent, but typically happens around once every few days.The...
  3. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  4. audio static and crackling

audio static and crackling: So this is a weird one so i was on vacation for a week away from my PC which was working fine I took my headset with me and used it on my phone everything fine until I got back and plugged my headset back in my pc and now i hear static and audio crackling and my headset plays...
  5. audio static and crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. audio crackling

audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  7. Crackling Audio When Downloading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling Audio When Downloading: Hey, I've been having this problem ever since I bought this headphones Razer Kraken TE but the thing is, that is only on my PC, when I plug my headphones to my laptop, and start to download something nothing happens, it's just on my desk PC, I think it's because it's old but...
  8. Crackling audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling audio: A while back I began having crackling audio (mainly in browsers) and eventually I just deleted the audio driver I was using (Realtek). which fixed it for a day. then the crackling returned, but only in browsers. I can't seem to find any fixes that don't require me to leave my...
  9. Audio Static/Crackling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Static/Crackling: Over the past week I have been experiencing audio static and crackling. Sometimes quite severely and it hurts to hear. I have done so many things and it has not changed anything for more than a couple hours. When I tried to intall new drivers Windows would say I already had...
  10. Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtech audio, crackling speakers, static, after update: So far as I can see, all of similar threads have been closed - not because they have been fixed, but... So, again, as far as I can see, the "solutions" are: Dumb down the speakers and audio - CD quality, remove enhancements, etc. NOT A SOLUTION Dumb down /...