Windows 10: crapy bluetooth headset sound quality

Discus and support crapy bluetooth headset sound quality in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so the issue is whenever i buy bt headphones off eBay the sound quality on windows devices sucks its fine on my phone but on any pc it sucks i used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by juicedotexe, Feb 14, 2020.

1. crapy bluetooth headset sound quality

so the issue is whenever i buy bt headphones off eBay the sound quality on windows devices sucks its fine on my phone but on any pc it sucks i used to have a fix for this and was that i would go into device manager and select the headphones and uncheck the box that said "hands free telephony" and that would fix it but now after a couple of windows updates that option is gone now. so anybody know an alternative way or know were they hid that option

:)

juicedotexe, Feb 14, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue crapy bluetooth headset sound quality :p

cadaveca, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

Short:

No

Long:

There are so called Profiles in Bluetooth, and only one can be active at a time.

A2DP supports one-way HQ audio.

HSP/HFP support two-way audio, but only in a shitty quality (HFP 1.6 added mSBC, which is a 16kHz mono codec, before, it was even worse).

(ref Tom's Hardware: For The Hardcore PC Enthusiast)

(I added the same answer to both Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound and Bluetooth handsfree better quality because they are found using google.)

Lukas Rieger, Feb 14, 2020
  4. crapy bluetooth headset sound quality

Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE bluetooth headset. When Connecting it to Windows 10, it installs two profiles in Playback devices list:

1. PLT_BBTSENSE Hands-Free.
    2. PLT_BBTSENSE Stereo.

The Second one (Stereo) is set to be the "Default Device" and the "Default Communication Device" on the system.

At this point the sound works great and normally. The problem happens when I want to use the mic. When I start any program that uses the mic (recorder, chat, VoIP Calls, gaming, etc.) The sound suddenly stops working And I can only use the mic until I stop the recorder or the call.

The thing that kind of fixes the problem is setting the (Hands-Free) as the default device. I can hear the sound when I do that and it works with the mic but it becomes Very bad quality.

What I became to understand is that bluetooth had different profiles for sound and mic: A2DP and HSP. The first handle the voice(High Quality) but the latter handles the mic and reduces the sound quality.

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to make them work simultaneously? Is there any solution to this problem at all?

onlyforthis, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

crapy bluetooth headset sound quality

1. crapy bluetooth headset sound quality - Similar Threads - crapy bluetooth headset

2. bluetooth headset distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bluetooth headset distorted sound: So i have a JBL tune 500bt.The Stereo profile work fine, but the Hand-Free AG one is distorted and sound like it was 4bit. i don't have that issue my phoneI have an other bt headset, I don't have that issue with that one.i tried close to everyting....
  3. bluetooth headset distorted sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth headset distorted sound: So i have a JBL tune 500bt.The Stereo profile work fine, but the Hand-Free AG one is distorted and sound like it was 4bit. i don't have that issue my phoneI have an other bt headset, I don't have that issue with that one.i tried close to everyting....
  4. bluetooth headset distorted sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Bluetooth headset sound weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth headset sound weird: I have a Bluetooth JBL headset ,when i connect them to my laptop ,and open any video conferencing app or in browser like google meet and zoom at time they automatically the output changes to the headset but when both the output and input changes to the headset they start...
  6. Sound Quality using Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Quality using Bluetooth: Hi, the sound quality on my laptop is very poor when using Bluetooth. If I plug the laptop directly in the speech and sound is absolutely fine, but if I try and use the headphones using Bluetooth the quality is very poor. For example, when speaking using the Bluetooth...
  7. Bluetooth Headset Surround Sound

Bluetooth Headset Surround Sound: Hello all, So, I've seen some issues that people have been having with getting their bluetooth connected period, not getting sound out of their headphones once connected or even having sound until they launch something, in which, I've had those issues as well, but worked it...
  8. Headset Bluetooth sound Problem

Headset Bluetooth sound Problem: Please help me with this. After I unchecked the "handsfree telephony" box in the properties for my headset because I want to improve the sound quality. But the sound suddenly stopped instead. I tried checking back the box of the "handsfree telephony" but it says "the...
  9. Bad sound quality in Bluetooth headphones

Bad sound quality in Bluetooth headphones: It's the same headphones, but now it's looks like this. [ATTACH] Well, until then, it was good. Trying to troubleshoot doesn't help [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Idk why it's connected like voice. I tried to reinstall but it's still the same [ATTACH]...
  10. Sound Quality on Sony WH-1000MX2 Headset

Sound Quality on Sony WH-1000MX2 Headset: Hi, I have been attempting to connect my bluetooth headset (Sony WH-1000MX2) to my laptop (lenovo ideapad 700-15isk, windows 10) for the past few hours now. It would seem that when connected there are 2 bluetooth profiles create, one stereo and one Hands-Free. On the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hfp msbc