Windows 10: Crash and reboot on wake

Discus and support Crash and reboot on wake in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Frequently, when waking my Windows 10 desktop from sleep mode, the system will instead jump straight into a boot instead. On a few occasions I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by The_Bat_Ham, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Crash and reboot on wake

Frequently, when waking my Windows 10 desktop from sleep mode, the system will instead jump straight into a boot instead. On a few occasions I've glimpsed a BSOD just before it happened, but never for long enough to actually see any details from it. It does not happen all the time, probably 50%.I cannot see any crash minidump files in the Systemroot despite that feature seemingly being turned on.The Windows Event Viewer registers a critical Kernel-Power event during these, with the message simply reading "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused i

:)

The_Bat_Ham, Feb 16, 2022

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 16, 2022
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 16, 2022
  4. Crash and reboot on wake

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 16, 2022
Thema:

Crash and reboot on wake

1. Crash and reboot on wake - Similar Threads - Crash reboot wake

2. Laptop crashing and rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing and rebooting: Hello,I would be very thankful for helping me fix my laptop.I brought my laptop to university, turned on then signed in and it crashed blue screen, rebooted and crashed again, this happened a few times until it booted to repair screen and I chose for windows to try to fix...
  3. Explorer.exe crashes on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe crashes on reboot: Whenever I reboot the computer, or wake it from sleep, explorer.exe will crash and restart.Here's what I have done so far:- Ran sfc /scannow- Ran DISM all steps- Installed new graphics driver- Uninstalled antivirus enables Microsoft Defender- Ensured all drivers are up to...
  4. PC crashing and rebooting

PC crashing and rebooting: I keep on getting error code 1001 have the mini dumps if someone who understands them is able to help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-and-rebooting/c5af1dbd-719f-4fe3-b8d4-a90288406104
  5. Crash and reboot on wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash and reboot on wake: Frequently, when waking my Windows 10 desktop from sleep mode, the system will instead jump straight into a boot instead. On a few occasions I've glimpsed a BSOD just before it happened, but never for long enough to actually see any details from it. It does not happen all the...
  6. Crash and reboot on wake

Crash and reboot on wake: Frequently, when waking my Windows 10 desktop from sleep mode, the system will instead jump straight into a boot instead. On a few occasions I've glimpsed a BSOD just before it happened, but never for long enough to actually see any details from it. It does not happen all the...
  7. Reboot crashes to BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot crashes to BSOD: Hi - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1903 There is an important windows update pending version 2004?, and the update requires a reboot before installing the update. My problem is that whenever I try to reboot my pc I get a BSOD with a "System_service_exception" - and no...
  8. Windows crashing on reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashing on reboot: Hi everyone, im not too sure if i posted this in the right category but anyone please help. I start windows regularly until it days to enter the challenge phrase, which isnt a problem, then once i boot onto my desktop, things work for 5 secs then a black screen comes where it...
  9. Windows crashing on reboot

Windows crashing on reboot: Hi everyone, im not too sure if i posted this in the right category but anyone please help. I start windows regularly until it days to enter the challenge phrase, which isnt a problem, then once i boot onto my desktop, things work for 5 secs then a black screen comes where it...
  10. whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot...

whenever my computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it, it will crash and shows “reboot...: Following sequence occurs when machine sleeps: Put computer to sleep by timing out or by touching power button, or selecting sleep from start menu. – System goes to sleep quickly. Touch mouse: system starts to wakes up. Windows home image Screen appears quickly, and...