Windows 10: Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall

Discus and support Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, this is my first post here so I'll start by saying hello, My name's Jack, and I've been having an windows issue for 7 days now. I wan't sure to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jjfbase, May 27, 2020.

1. jjfbase Win User

Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall

Hi all, this is my first post here so I'll start by saying hello, My name's Jack, and I've been having an windows issue for 7 days now. I wan't sure to post here or BSOD forum, but as I can't get the required log for BSOD I thought I'll go here.

To try and be brief, my comp froze one night when web browsing. I turned it off and went to bed. Next day turned it on and as windows started to load with the small dotted circle, it froze just as the circle was 3/4 full. I rebooted and it said Preparing Automatic Repair which eventually took me to a BSOD with Stop Code: Machine_Check_Exception. Rebooted and got stuck in a bootloop of this BSOD repair several times. I booted to WinAR and tried starting in safe mode but it froze on the mobo logo for a long long time so I turned off system. Tried again and couldn't ever get back to WinAR. Now I'm just stuck getting one of two screens. Either the frozen dotted circle on boot, or after I reboot from that, the same screen but it says Preparing Automatic Repair.

From a quick google of Machine Check Exception, it sounds like a hardware issue. So here's what I've tried:

One by one unplugged - DVD drive, GPU, addition cooling fans in case, Speakers, HDD (win is on SSD).
    With only essential hardware in, I now unplugged SSD, and plugged a completely different HDD , flashed windows to a brand new USB and tried to reinstall, but I get the message in the attached photo of an NTFS service is already loaded and it doesn't progress any further from. I've retried the reinstall with all 3 hard disks I have, but same thing every time.
    I have reset UEFI defaults, and cleared CMOS, I have moved the two RAM sticks to different slots but haven't tried just one stick yet. I will soon.

In another of the attached photos of a UEFI screen, it shows the CPU voltage in yellow (indicating a potential risk?), at 1.008v. That doesn't sound too high. I have not overclocked the CPU.

So I feel stuck now. I'll try just one RAM stick, and then maybe seeing about updating the BIOS if it's necessary.

Windows Version: March 2020 - 1909.10.0.18363.719 x64

Oh and finally, the mobo, cpu, RAM, cpu cooler, Moniter, Keyboard, Mouse and PSU are all brand new. Bought last month. Pretty sure all drivers are up to date.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall [​IMG]

:)

jjfbase, May 27, 2020
  2. jjfbase Win User

Hi all, this is my first post here so I'll start by saying hello, My name's Jack, and I've been having an windows issue for 7 days now. I wan't sure to post here or BSOD forum, but as I can't get the required log for BSOD I thought I'll go here.

To try and be brief, my comp froze one night when web browsing. I turned it off and went to bed. Next day turned it on and as windows started to load with the small dotted circle, it froze just as the circle was 3/4 full. I rebooted and it said Preparing Automatic Repair which eventually took me to a BSOD with Stop Code: Machine_Check_Exception. Rebooted and got stuck in a bootloop of this BSOD repair several times. I booted to WinAR and tried starting in safe mode but it froze on the mobo logo for a long long time so I turned off system. Tried again and couldn't ever get back to WinAR. Now I'm just stuck getting one of two screens. Either the frozen dotted circle on boot, or after I reboot from that, the same screen but it says Preparing Automatic Repair.

From a quick google of Machine Check Exception, it sounds like a hardware issue. So here's what I've tried:

One by one unplugged - DVD drive, GPU, addition cooling fans in case, Speakers, HDD (win is on SSD).
    With only essential hardware in, I now unplugged SSD, and plugged a completely different HDD , flashed windows to a brand new USB and tried to reinstall, but I get the message in the attached photo of an NTFS service is already loaded and it doesn't progress any further from. I've retried the reinstall with all 3 hard disks I have, but same thing every time.
    I have reset UEFI defaults, and cleared CMOS, I have moved the two RAM sticks to different slots but haven't tried just one stick yet. I will soon.

In another of the attached photos of a UEFI screen, it shows the CPU voltage in yellow (indicating a potential risk?), at 1.008v. That doesn't sound too high. I have not overclocked the CPU.

So I feel stuck now. I'll try just one RAM stick, and then maybe seeing about updating the BIOS if it's necessary.

Windows Version: March 2020 - 1909.10.0.18363.719 x64

Oh and finally, the mobo, cpu, RAM, cpu cooler, Moniter, Keyboard, Mouse and PSU are all brand new. Bought last month. Pretty sure all drivers are up to date.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

jjfbase, May 27, 2020
  3. soletsky Win User
    unlock sim t-mobile lumia 521

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a prepaid phone --- no contract. As I said T-Mobile lists the number under an unknown carrier and suggested I contact Microsoft.

soletsky, May 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Source: AT&T Activates Call Validation Displays

Brink, May 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall - Similar Threads - Crash BSOD Can't

2. Can't reinstall Windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reinstall Windows.: I've recently been infected with a computer virus. After I reset my PC, the PC failed to reinstall Windows. After which I tried to reinstall with an installation media and Windows won't download on my drive. It says the drive is of GPT style....
  3. Can't reinstall office

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't reinstall office: [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/wvtgp76cuyx51.png?width=539&format=png&auto=webp&s=f272a8bc1378c47cea08c406ed47048a066d02ea Hi guys! I have been trying to reinstall Office 2019. I had trouble uninstalling it too so I used the Support assistant and it worked. But know it...
  4. Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash - BSOD - Can't WinAR - Can't reinstall: Hi all, this is my first post here so I'll start by saying hello, My name's Jack, and I've been having an windows issue for 7 days now. I wan't sure to post here or BSOD forum, but as I can't get the required log for BSOD I thought I'll go here. To try and be brief, my comp...
  5. Win10 crash -- now can't restore, recover, or reinstall

Win10 crash -- now can't restore, recover, or reinstall: I have been up all night trying to restore my son's gaming PC. He had modded the game Far Cry 2 from a third-party site, and the crash happened maybe a half day to a day later. Not sure if this is related but figured it is good background. We do not have an image backup of...
  6. Can't boot Windows, can't reinstall it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot Windows, can't reinstall it: This is going to be a bit long, but I want to give details of the issue. Since I was forced to install the latest November update about five days ago, my PC has been slower than usual, taking a few seconds to open notepad, folders or any file, really. Local music playback...
  7. Can't reinstall Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't reinstall Software: Purchased a new Scanner, plustec OpticSlim 2610, Worked good then started acting up. Tried to uninstall the software but something is wrong. It will not let me reinstall it The company wants to do remote access on my computer but I don't like things like that to happen. They...
  8. Win10 Crashed and can't reinstall

Win10 Crashed and can't reinstall: My Windows 10 Pro (64bit) crashed on this last Saturday. After trying many suggested solutions, I finally use the Microsoft Update and Windows 10 was back. I used my backup program and restored the previous backup. All appeared okay. The most recent Windows update was...
  9. Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Reinstall DirectX (causes programs to crash): I'm not even sure where to post this given that it spans a few topics, so here it is: I believe I need to reinstall direct X on windows 10. When my screensaver is supposed to run (which I previously had no problems with) it tells me that either (I hve gotten 2...
  10. Can't reinstall

Can't reinstall: Ugh. I tried to reset my PC to its factory settings via the Acer Recovery Management, however I am now presented with a damaged recovery OS and nothing else. I'm 15, so can't go out to buy a new PC (just bought this one 2 days ago) or the Acer Recovery Discs (which I...