Windows 10: Crash cacuses black screen...can not reboot. I see the drive is still active in CMD through...

Discus and support Crash cacuses black screen...can not reboot. I see the drive is still active in CMD through... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Windows 10 system on my PC was working fine. I go to bed. Next day, I start my system only to find the screen noting it could not fix the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eric M. Wilson, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Crash cacuses black screen...can not reboot. I see the drive is still active in CMD through...

The Windows 10 system on my PC was working fine. I go to bed. Next day, I start my system only to find the screen noting it could not fix the problem??? What problem I asked until I restarted the PC and the request for my bitlocker code comes on. I put it in then a blue windows logo comes up that I had never seen before only, then black screen. I figured out that I was in a fruitless reboot loop which continued after several attempts.

I proceeded to make a repair disc from my laptop which also runs windows 10. The disc got to the screen you show for getting the system on, however the only option of repair was through command prompt. I found my way to diskpart followed by list disk which showed me two disk (disk 0 and disk 1) with disk 0 being the only one with files on it. I verified it by selecting disk 0 and detail disk which displayed everything on the C:\ drive.

This is where I pause for help. Can I copy these files to reboot my system? I also saw what looked to be the origin files of windows 10 in X:\ I really don't want to lose my files and some programs that are stored. Very important to me. So what are the next steps I can take to move or copy the files so I can reboot the PC. I don't fully understand command prompt but this experience is helping me even more so to understand the jargon and actions. But now I need tutoring to get through this crisis. Please help me if you would.

Eric

:)

Eric M. Wilson, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Karen Her Win User

black screen

Hi,

This issue could occur due to corrupted or missing system files or drivers. To further assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you still see any indication that the device is powered on? (power led, hard drive activity light)

Meanwhile, you can follow the troubleshooting steps indicated in this article (Troubleshoot black screen
    or blank screen errors
    ), and check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Crash cacuses black screen...can not reboot. I see the drive is still active in CMD through...

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

Crash cacuses black screen...can not reboot. I see the drive is still active in CMD through...

1. Crash cacuses black screen...can not reboot. I see the drive is still active in CMD through... - Similar Threads - Crash cacuses black

2. Why is my computer screen black but I can still see my cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer screen black but I can still see my cursor?: So, a couple days ago I was playing a game on my laptop, and then my computer was frozen for a couple minutes, so I pressed the power button and closed it. I pressed it again and turned it on, and I signed in like normal. After I signed in, the computer screen was black. I...
  3. Why is my computer screen black but I can still see my cursor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer screen black but I can still see my cursor?: So, a couple days ago I was playing a game on my laptop, and then my computer was frozen for a couple minutes, so I pressed the power button and closed it. I pressed it again and turned it on, and I signed in like normal. After I signed in, the computer screen was black. I...
  4. I can see them but the screen is black on their end.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see them but the screen is black on their end.: Split from this thread. i CAN SEE THEM BUT THESCREEN IS BLACK ON THERE END. The camera light is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-them-but-the-screen-is-black-on-their/b4f820a8-5054-42fd-959f-da211fd38b4d
  5. I can see them but the screen is black on their end.

I can see them but the screen is black on their end.: Split from this thread. i CAN SEE THEM BUT THESCREEN IS BLACK ON THERE END. The camera light is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-them-but-the-screen-is-black-on-their/b4f820a8-5054-42fd-959f-da211fd38b4d
  6. Screen is still black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen is still black: Is there a reason besides asking the question that my screen is still black just checking no worries I'm not.ThanksWes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-still-black/70e4cf68-1c7c-47fd-9639-ba7eb0fb1fd4
  7. Screen is still black

Screen is still black: Is there a reason besides asking the question that my screen is still black just checking no worries I'm not.ThanksWes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-is-still-black/70e4cf68-1c7c-47fd-9639-ba7eb0fb1fd4
  8. Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turns black, than the PC crashes and reboots.: I currently have an old Win10 Laptop with dedicated GPU from nVidia. I have ben suffering from this problem from a long time, wich is that after booting the PC up and logging in if i wait for a few minutes the Screen goes black, it stays about 1 minute this way. After that...
  9. Black screen on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on reboot: I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result. Can anyone help?...
  10. Windows Crashes to Black Screen and Reboots Randomly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Crashes to Black Screen and Reboots Randomly.: Hi guys, I'm experiencing a strange problem on my secondary desktop (the crappy Alienware). Randomly, the machine restarts within a mere 5 minutes of it running. It also restarts just sitting on the login screen, so it doesn't only happen when someone is logged in. It,...