Windows 10: Crash Due to cldflt.sys on Exiting a 3D Game

Discus and support Crash Due to cldflt.sys on Exiting a 3D Game in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop PC crashed to a black screen then restarted yesterday after exiting a 3D game - see summary report below. This PC was updated to v1809 a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve C, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Crash Due to cldflt.sys on Exiting a 3D Game

My desktop PC crashed to a black screen then restarted yesterday after exiting a 3D game - see summary report below. This PC was updated to v1809 a few days ago and worked fine until then. I've run chkdsk on the drives and sfc /scannow which show no problems. The driver responsible is cldflt.sys. I found this report blaming KB4517389. I don't have this update but I do have cumulative update KB4522355. See Windows 10’s latest update reportedly causes Blue Screen of Death issues | TechRadar

Any ideas what this might be due to and how to fix it?

Summary crash report:

==================================================
    Dump File : 102819-13656-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 28/10/2019 17:05:37
    Bug Check String : UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    Bug Check Code : 0x1000007f
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000008
    Parameter 2 : ffffe500`ef1eaf90
    Parameter 3 : ffff8507`a7126fe0
    Parameter 4 : fffff807`6da6b506
    Caused By Driver : cldflt.sys
    Caused By Address : cldflt.sys+ad43
    File Description : Cloud Files Mini Filter Driver
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.18362.449 (WinBuild.160101.0800)Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+6b506
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\102819-13656-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 4
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 18362
    Dump File Size : 321,090
    Dump File Time : 28/10/2019 17:06:16==================================================

:)

Steve C, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Terrypin Win User

Why no CldFlt service?

I'm still trying to isolate the cause of frequent hard crashes. Studying Event Viewer (a daunting experience that never fails to depress me) shows a bunch of vague possibilities to pursue.

One is Event ID 7000, "The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error:
    The request is not supported." This occurred either just before, during or just after the latest such crash (which always need a forced restart).

But I don't see such a service listed on my Win 10 Pro PC!

So naturally I cannot try the suggested fix here, as I don't have the registry key described.

How to fix cldflt service error 7000 - Rob Steele

Insights anyone please?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Oct 29, 2019
  3. CldFlt service error event log

HI Robert,

The CldFlt service error may appear due to corrupted system files. In order for us effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Marti Win User

X1950XT Crash with 3D Detection ( when exiting a game )

Hello, I am a new user of AtiTool, I have set the software for my X1950 XT ( from sapphire ) but I have a little problem. If I launch several games (3d) windows, the second one make ati tool in 3D clocks again but it still work. But if I exit one of the games, my card crashes :
    - Black screen ; can't do anything
    - The display comes back and I have a error message from ATI something called VPU recover..

I think I have correctly set ati tool with 2 profiles ( 2d and 3d ) and 3d detection works quite fine with only one window game. ( it may happens with only one game btw)

I use ati tool 0.26 and catalyst 8.1 ( with catalyst control center )

I also wonder if I have to stop Ati Hotkey Poller and Ati Smart , what are they for?

Thanks for your help ( and sorry for english mistakes )

Marti, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Crash Due to cldflt.sys on Exiting a 3D Game - Similar Threads - Crash Due cldflt

2. How do I exit 3D Chess game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I exit 3D Chess game?: I installed 3D chess game from Microsoft store. I want to try the free version before buying. The only way I can find to exit the game is to bring up task manager and end the task. I've Googled it and get the same thing. Seriously? There is no EXIT option? Am I missing...
  3. How do I exit 3D Chess game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I exit 3D Chess game?: I installed 3D chess game from Microsoft store. I want to try the free version before buying. The only way I can find to exit the game is to bring up task manager and end the task. I've Googled it and get the same thing. Seriously? There is no EXIT option? Am I missing...
  4. Repeated crashes due to netwt10.sys failure.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated crashes due to netwt10.sys failure.: I have an hp omen 15 with an intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200. Since I updated my drivers I have been getting a BSoD with the following message that says that there was an UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and that what failed is the Netwt10.sys. I've tried everything and I mean EVERYTHING,...
  5. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. Hi Rob! That is where i am confused. This morning it crashed again. this is the error I get: [ATTACH] and when I go to the Intel Driver and Support Assistant this us what it tells me: [ATTACH] and when I click ‘Install’ it fails saying:...
  6. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. Hello my name is romeo i have problem with my asus desktop it keeps crashing every 10-15 minutes when u turn it on and its show like this in the pucture what should i do please can you help me[IMG]...
  7. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. hi, i just started having this issue yesterday after i got a new modem on tuesday and put in the new password for modem/ router... ATaT device... followed the stems on the forum gladly the blue screen has the error indicated... any way i seem to...
  8. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: Split from this thread. Same problem. Have had Tech people check hardware and replace Windows 10 and update Windows 10 with November updates, but all have failed....
  9. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys Error Code

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys Error Code: I have had Geeks squad look at computer and they said they updated driver. I picked computer up and it crashed again yesterday. I just now updated the Intel WiFi driver as downloaded the Intel Utility device which said there were a few drivers that needed to be updated....
  10. Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure

Repeated crashes due to Netwtw06.sys failure: My ASUS laptop downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 updates (on August 31) after which my laptop crashes within 5-10 minutes of use. The stop code error message I get is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. What failed: Netwtw06.sys. I collected my system information and...