Windows 10: Crash Dumps (dmp files)

Discus and support Crash Dumps (dmp files) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I routinely find these files on my computer after exiting photoshop. I do not seem to have any problems now with this program. Although I did for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hathawayep_msn.com, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Crash Dumps (dmp files)

I routinely find these files on my computer after exiting photoshop. I do not seem to have any problems now with this program. Although I did for a while until my graphics card settings were synched with Windows 10 and photoshop. However, the dmp files continue to accumulate. Any reason for concern? Can I eliminate the problem?

:)

hathawayep_msn.com, Jul 6, 2019

2. Help reading mini dmp file

Download BlueScreenView, unpack the ZIP, and run the EXE (no installation necessary). It's an excellent little utility for looking at DMP files and finding the cause of crashes.

Static~Charge, Jul 6, 2019
  3. prescient Win User
    Help reading mini dmp file

look at post #6 , *Toast :toast:

prescient, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Crash Dumps (dmp files)

Need help analyzing dump file.

If your computer crashes, how can you find out what happened, fix the issue and it prevent it from happening again? You may find the small memory dump file useful in this situation. The small memory dump file contains
    the smallest amount of useful information that could help you identify why your computer crashed. The memory dump file contains the following information:
    • The Stop message, its parameters and other data
    • A list of loaded drivers
    • The processor context (PRCB) for the processor that stopped
    • The process information and kernel context (EPROCESS) for the process that stopped
    • The process information and kernel context (ETHREAD) for the thread that stopped
    • The Kernel-mode call stack for the thread that stopped
    To create a memory dump file, Windows requires a paging file on the boot volume that is at least 2 megabytes (MB) in size. On computers that are running Microsoft Windows 2000, or a later version of Windows, a new memory
    dump file is created each time that a computer crash may occur. A history of these files is stored in a folder. If a second problem occurs and if Windows creates a second small memory dump file, Windows preserves the previous file. Windows gives each file
    a distinct, date-encoded file name. For example, Mini022900-01.dmp is the first memory dump file that was generated on February 29, 2000. Windows keeps a list of all the small memory dump files in the %SystemRoot%\Minidump folder.

The small memory dump file can be useful when hard disk space is limited. However, because of the limited information that is included, errors that were not directly caused by the thread that was running at the time of
    the problem may not be discovered by an analysis of this file.

WilliamSuiter1, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Crash Dumps (dmp files)

1. Crash Dumps (dmp files) - Similar Threads - Crash Dumps dmp

2. Crashed PC with no DMP file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashed PC with no DMP file.: I recently experienced a series of crashes seemingly out of nowhere, screen went black, then system rebooted but crashed before windows loading was complete. This happened a few times, I unplugged the PC, turned it on after a while. It turned on and crashed again shortly...
  3. Crashed PC with no DMP file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashed PC with no DMP file.: I recently experienced a series of crashes seemingly out of nowhere, screen went black, then system rebooted but crashed before windows loading was complete. This happened a few times, I unplugged the PC, turned it on after a while. It turned on and crashed again shortly...
  4. Crashed PC with no DMP file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some BSOD DMP dumps

Some BSOD DMP dumps: I've been having some crashes when doing normal stuff and was wandering if doing a full wipe was going to clear this problem and the result is no. I still got BSODs. I'm not sure if anyone can help me out here but here are some data dumps and if someone can decrypt these and...
  6. Some BSOD DMP dumps

Some BSOD DMP dumps: I've been having some crashes when doing normal stuff and was wandering if doing a full wipe was going to clear this problem and the result is no. I still got BSODs. I'm not sure if anyone can help me out here but here are some data dumps and if someone can decrypt these and...
  7. PC Crash with DMP file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crash with DMP file.: Was scrolling on YT then my pc went kinda slow and restarted, with no blue screen. The PC seems to be running fine now, just want to check if there is an issue with the system,The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff990ffe3bb3b0,...
  8. PC Crash with DMP file.

PC Crash with DMP file.: Was scrolling on YT then my pc went kinda slow and restarted, with no blue screen. The PC seems to be running fine now, just want to check if there is an issue with the system,The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff990ffe3bb3b0,...
  9. PC Crash with DMP file.

10. dmp file after crash.

dmp file after crash.: I've been having issues with my PC crashing when gaming crash to desktop, freezing, blue screen, or PC shutdown.... Its a recent issue and not sure if its related to a driver, software, or hardware.I ran windows update , updated BIOS and chipset, and DDUed my graphics driver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is windows live kernel reports

2. windows 10 delete crash dumps

3. live kernel reports folder