Windows 10: Crash Explorer

Discus and support Crash Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello my windows explorer crash loop 1 minute after opening the Windows 10 desktop, I'm Version 10240 Here is the event log Nom de... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by franbia, Aug 3, 2015.

1. franbia Win User

Crash Explorer

Hello my windows explorer crash loop 1 minute after opening the Windows 10 desktop, I'm Version 10240

Here is the event log

Nom de l’application défaillante explorer.exe, version : 10.0.10240.16405, horodatage : 0x55b455cf
    Nom du module défaillant : unknown, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
    Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x1200
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d0cecf041c56a6
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: unknown
    ID de rapport : e84e464f-cc20-406b-94fb-fb59f6c15ecb
    Nom complet du package défaillant :
    ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

:)

franbia, Aug 3, 2015

2. Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

Hello MSFT Support,

Where have you gone?...this is a major issue for many loyal customers but as you can tell frustration is setting in with many in the lack of direction from Microsoft. I feel like we are trying various home remedies when the problem is with Microsoft File
    Explorer which we rely on being stable and available.

Having us go to SafeMode is not a solution, also you could create more problems for customers in that BitLocker may come into play, which doesn't appear to be easy way to suspend this in non-Enterprise versions of Win10 before rebooting into SafeMode.

Please give us some direction or when the fix will be implemented?

It would be a real shame if you lose loyal customers to Apple or Google but lack of leadership here may steer many in that direction.

Best Regards!

File Explorer Crash Headaches, Aug 3, 2015
  3. StuMac52 Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing and Restarting On All 4 Of My Computers

I began using Explorer++ because File Explorer is near unusable. Unfortunately, it wasn't perfect either because it still caused explorer to crash when Explorer++ would use File Explorer or shell functions. When I did a re-install of Windows 10, I did not
    install Explorer++ until File Explorer started failing. For test purposes, I've delete Explorer++ it and cleaned up the registry (there's no install/uninstall app).

When I open "Recent Items" in %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows, explorer crashes.

In Safe Mode, opening Recent Items does not cause explorer to crash however, it still crashes when creation a folder and still shows double libraries etc.

StuMac52, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Crash Explorer

1. Crash Explorer - Similar Threads - Crash Explorer

2. File Explorer Crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Crashes: I just got the latest Windows 10 update and now File Explorer crashes. If I double-click a file to open it, then it does not respond. If I right-click a file, it does not respond. This happened to me before I I wiped my computer clean and reinstalled Windows. I do not want to...
  3. file explorer crashes after trying to access remote drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer crashes after trying to access remote drive: I didn´t find exactly where should i post this bug because this is not vulnerability. It just makes windows a little bit more irritating. So, this bug happens when i try to connect to external drive (not sure how its called in EN) over a network (SMB, probably v3). The...
  4. Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.: So I encountered this question: When I opened the explorer, it takes me to the computer page. There are something on side bar. When I right clicked one of them, the window freezes and later the explorer restarts since I see a reload of my taskbar. Windows Version: Windows...
  5. Windows explorer keeps crashing

Windows explorer keeps crashing: Hi, for about the past month my windows explorer in windows 10 keeps crashing. If I right click in explorer it crashes, or if I simply open the videos library it also crashes. It also crashes whenever I try to create a new folder, and it crashes frequently whenever a save...
  6. Selecting a file crashes File Explorer

Selecting a file crashes File Explorer: I have a presentation to do tomorrow. Because I haven't paid for any Microsoft subscriptions, I've made my presentation using Google Slides. However, as a backup, I'm trying to save the file as a .pptx to have on a flashdrive should I not have access to the internet. Thing...
  7. Explorer/desktop is crashing and respawning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer/desktop is crashing and respawning: Every once in a while this happens. SOmetimes a few times per day, somedays not at all. It's completely random. I've had it like 10 times today, so I thought it's time open a topic. So what happens, is the taskbars disappear and reappear after a second or two. It's a few...
  8. Windows Explorer crashes and screen flickers after reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer crashes and screen flickers after reboot: In our VDI we have the following problem with our Windows 10 Image: Sometimes after a reboot and after the Login the screens starts flickering between black and blue. In the Event log there are the following error Messages every second: The shell stopped unexpectedly and...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes and screen flickers after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashes and screen flickers after reboot: In our VDI we have the following problem with our Windows 10 Image: Sometimes after a reboot and after the Login the screens starts flickering between black and blue. In the Event log there are the following error Messages every second: The shell stopped unexpectedly and...
  10. File Explorer crashing with using windows display scaling.

File Explorer crashing with using windows display scaling.: Am at Windows 10 V 1803 OS Build 17134.648. I have a 4k monitor and just installed an AMD graphics card. Worked with AMD to resolve but I figured out is cause by scaling. If I don't enable any scaling I don't have the problem but the icons and text is verrrry small on my...