Windows 10: Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode

Discus and support Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Purchased refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 SFF came with Win7. Performed update to Win10. I only use this machine for watching tv in a spare room, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tzr916, Feb 20, 2016.

1. tzr916 Win User

Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode

Purchased refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 SFF came with Win7.
    Performed update to Win10.
    I only use this machine for watching tv in a spare room, so no important data.
    No extra software / bloatware / antivirus / etc is installed on it.
    Only USB device is an IR receiver for remote control.

PROBLEM:
    Put PC into SLEEP mode (S3 in BIOS), come back later and wake it up, screen comes back, I can use remote to navigate (or just leave it alone), then in less than one minute the PC completely (without warning or blue screen or anything) shuts off and restarts. Happens regardless of whether the tv software is running or not running.

Here is what I have done so far:
    -Verify all devices in device manager are good.
    -sfc scannow (found nothing).
    -ram test in BIOS (found nothing).
    -disable Hybrid Sleep windows power advanced.
    -reseat ram into mobo slots.
    -BIOS update from v19 to v21.
    -GPU drivers from whql to latest beta.
    -tweaking various USB power settings in device manager.
    -tweaking power settings for network adapter in device manager.

note: I have an almost identical machine (optiplex 760) in another room and it is NOT having this wake from sleep issue.

Suggestions?
    Anyone know how to check logs to see why it's rebooting like this?
    Maybe try pulling ram sticks and testing sleep?
    Anyone think trying a clean install would help or is this hardware?

:)

tzr916, Feb 20, 2016

2. Windows 10 Sleep Mode

Hi

Can anyone help, after a while as expected my PC goes into sleep mode or hibernation?

The problem is in wont come back out of sleep Mode without rebooting the PC

Any help is appreciated

TonyLobban, Feb 20, 2016
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    BSOD: System_Service_Exception .DMP file included

Are these crashes occurring in sleep mode or when coming out?

XP ROCKS., Feb 20, 2016
Thema:

Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode

1. Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Crash hard reboot

2. Windows constantly crashing coming out of sleep mode, just reboots on it's own. Event...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows constantly crashing coming out of sleep mode, just reboots on it's own. Event...: My system has an issue where when waking from sleep mode, the system crashes and restarts. No bluescreen or indication that it has crashed, other than coming back to a fresh log on screen with whatever I had open closed out. Event viewer shows error, but I cannot figure out...
  3. Windows constantly crashing coming out of sleep mode, just reboots on it's own. Event...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows constantly crashing coming out of sleep mode, just reboots on it's own. Event...: My system has an issue where when waking from sleep mode, the system crashes and restarts. No bluescreen or indication that it has crashed, other than coming back to a fresh log on screen with whatever I had open closed out. Event viewer shows error, but I cannot figure out...
  4. Windows constantly crashing coming out of sleep mode, just reboots on it's own. Event...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Issues coming out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  6. Issues coming out of sleep mode

Issues coming out of sleep mode: My laptop Thinkpad T14 AMD Gen 1 has had issues in sleep mode ever since the Windows 11 Update. Issues include: Not coming out of sleep mode and I have to hold the power button to reboot Locking up on the face recognition screen for 60+ seconds, then getting the blue screen...
  7. Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode

Automatic Reboot When COming Out of Sleep Mode: In the past couple weeks, my PC had started rebooting itself whenever it comes out of sleep mode. Before, it resumed wherever you were when it went to sleep. Now, it automatically reboots and takes you though the 5 minutes start up process before you can enter your PIN....
  8. Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't come out of sleep mode after Update: My Dell Inspiron Desktop with Win 10 recently installed 2 updates: Security Update for Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 3 (KB3213647) and 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676). Following Cumulative Update...
  9. Unable to come out of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to come out of Sleep mode: Running a Dell XPS 15, (L502X). Upgraded from 7 to 10 Pro yesterday. Played around a bit with the new OS and then went off to other things. Laptop went into sleep mode after 15 minutes as it always has. But this time I couldn't wake it up. Required me to power off the unit,...
  10. Won't come out of sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't come out of sleep mode.: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. When it goes into sleep mode, if I swipe the touch pad within a few seconds it will come out of sleep mode. However if I'm not at the computer so that it is in sleep mode for a while, then when I swipe the touch to pad wake it up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell optiplex 755 windows 10 reboots after awake from sleep