Windows 10: [Crash] Laptop crashes while sleeping

Discus and support [Crash] Laptop crashes while sleeping in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Description Sometimes, not all the time, my laptop crashes while sleeping and takes a few minutes to reboot from the SSD. The keyboard stays lit up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Josh Gurule, Aug 18, 2020.

1. [Crash] Laptop crashes while sleeping

Description

Sometimes, not all the time, my laptop crashes while sleeping and takes a few minutes to reboot from the SSD. The keyboard stays lit up throughout the whole process. It's been doing this for a while, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and try and fix it. I tried a few things that didn't help, so I was hoping I might be able to get help here before trying resetting the PC.

System logs from the event viewer, and problem details from the reliability history:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As-d8e1uhWRQiAoi0nttSAk8epu3?e=FNozlO

Stuff I've tried

Systematically going through every driver on the computer and updating any that need updates.

Updating Windows

Ran a full system scan with windows defender - nothing came up.

I'm pretty new to troubleshooting, so if I'm missing something important please let me know.

:)

Josh Gurule, Aug 18, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 26, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 26, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

[Crash] Laptop crashes while sleeping

Save BIOS crash.

Not a known issue. The crash suggests that the AMD driver crashed the system.

Does this happen every time?

W1zzard, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

[Crash] Laptop crashes while sleeping

1. [Crash] Laptop crashes while sleeping - Similar Threads - Crash Laptop crashes

2. Laptops crash when sleeping overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops crash when sleeping overnight: Edit: I have S0 and it says "During Modern Standby, the system can stay up-to-date whenever a suitable network is available". Is it because the wifi cut off?I've found that when I close my laptop to sleep, sometimes it crashes so that when I open it in the morning, it shows...
  3. Laptops crash when sleeping overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops crash when sleeping overnight: I've found that when I close my laptop to sleep, sometimes it crashes so that when I open it in the morning, it shows the home screen, all the apps are closed and I have to recover my files from AutoRecovery. It doesn't need to start up, just log in like normal.It is often...
  4. ASUS laptop crashes during sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS laptop crashes during sleep: I purchased a new ASUS laptop a few months ago and have been having serious problems with it crashing almost every time it sleeps. When I was unable to solve the problem, I did a factory restore on the laptop and then installed every available Windows update and ASUS-provided...
  5. laptop crashes while shuttingdown

laptop crashes while shuttingdown: hello ,my laptop crashed 2nd time in this month while shuttingdown and created system error memory dump file.can any one help me to know the cause of crash.here is the link of dump files.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlY31N5TbgpdaTOudCv7oU9ZRTU?e=l4CP1B...
  6. Laptop crashes in sleep mode

Laptop crashes in sleep mode: Computer info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model VivoBook_ASUSLaptop X421FQY_K413FQ Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date...
  7. Windows 10 crash while sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crash while sleep: It happens all the time, whenever i left my notebook and come back. It crashed. here is the dump files : https://www.dropbox.com/s/snz3fug0pc81e0u/Win10-2004.zip?dl=0...
  8. Laptop crashes while writing, but not at Minecraft?

Laptop crashes while writing, but not at Minecraft?: Hello dear community, I've been working on my math homework for a few days now, I've been caching and today my laptop crashed just like that. It was like this: the laptop started to get very loud and I opened the task manager to see if any program was working in the...
  9. Windows 10 laptop crashes while sleeping: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Windows 10 laptop crashes while sleeping: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi, A few months ago my laptop started crashing intermittently, but the strange thing is that it only crashes while it's sleeping and it's never given me a BSoD. Sometimes it happens after my laptop has been asleep for a while, and other times it happens as soon as I close...
  10. Crash while sleeping

Crash while sleeping: From time to time my HTPC will crash while going to sleep. There's nothing to see on screen - I just find I have to press the power button on the PC (the remote doesn't work) and the system starts up from scratch. The event log shows the crash. BlueScreenView reports...