Windows 10: [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer!

Discus and support [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Most of my local music files are in .mp3 format; but I have a bunch of songs saved as .ogg files in few folders. Whenever I go to those folders,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iWizardB, Feb 15, 2020.

1. [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer!

Most of my local music files are in .mp3 format; but I have a bunch of songs saved as .ogg files in few folders. Whenever I go to those folders, Windows Explorer freezes or crashes half the time. I Google searched the issue and the results mostly talk about freezes happening when users try to rename those ogg files or move those ogg files. But in my case, the crashes happen even if I'm not doing anything. Ogg exists in any folder, sooner or later, explorer crashes!

One YoTube video suggested updating "Web Media Extension" to version 1.0.2087.0. But I already have that version.

Any other troubleshooting steps/suggestions?

submitted by /u/iWizardB
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iWizardB, Feb 15, 2020

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Harvy Win User
    Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Feb 15, 2020
  4. [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer!

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

[Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer!

1. [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer! - Similar Threads - Crash OGG files

2. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  3. My File Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My File Explorer keeps crashing: Basically a month ago, I still had Windows 10 20H2 on my laptop and it was running perfectly smooth. But a few days later File Explorer started automatically crashing and showing me a error message saying “APPLICATION DOES NOT EXIST/ FILE EXPLORER DOES NOT EXIST” but I had...
  4. File Explorer crash/hang/badness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crash/hang/badness: I have seen this question for many years. Has there ever been a resolution?So, i have a great number of machines/users who are experiencing File Manager Explorer continually crash. I have replaced machines to said users. Explorer still crashes. Windows 10 clean build Explorer...
  5. File Explorer crash/hang/badness

File Explorer crash/hang/badness: I have seen this question for many years. Has there ever been a resolution?So, i have a great number of machines/users who are experiencing File Manager Explorer continually crash. I have replaced machines to said users. Explorer still crashes. Windows 10 clean build Explorer...
  6. File Explorer crash/hang/badness

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows File Explorer hangs when working with .ogg files

Windows File Explorer hangs when working with .ogg files: Hey guys; I am at my wit's end tonight after spending nearly the entire day troubleshooting this issue. First, I am running Windows 10 Pro ver 2004 The problem is that when I open a folder containing .ogg music files, the folder will open, and immediately all of the files...
  8. .ogg files continuously crash the entire Windows Explorer whenever selected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .ogg files continuously crash the entire Windows Explorer whenever selected.: Any time I select a .ogg file be it left-click or right-click, the entire Windows Explorer hangs and I have to restart it with Task Manager. Again, this goes for any file in the .ogg format. Sometimes just visiting the folder a .ogg file is enough to crash Windows Explorer!...
  9. File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer keeps hanging and crashing and not opening: Totally frustrated. I am a SW developer for the last 20 years... And I cannot open the w10 file explorer without it being crashed or hanged. Sometimes windows will be kind and open it when right clicking and sometimes not. This is totally unbelievable. I even don't feel...
  10. File Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing: I have seen this on other threads but I haven't been able to fix it yet. I run Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with 2 additional screens, a Dell and an LG. Everything has worked fine for the first few months, but in the last week I have had the same issue every single...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .ogg files crash explorer

2. windows explorer 0gg files

3. ogg reaname crash

4. why is .ogg crashing my folders