Windows 10: Crash on Full Defender Scan

Discus and support Crash on Full Defender Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting the error shown below only when doing a full Defender scan on the C: drive of my Dell laptop. I've checked I have the latest Intel and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Crash on Full Defender Scan

I keep getting the error shown below only when doing a full Defender scan on the C: drive of my Dell laptop. I've checked I have the latest Intel and NVidia drivers and sfc /scannow shows no problems. Any Ideas?

Crash on Full Defender Scan [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Dec 24, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Windows defender crash during scan

Windows defender keeps crashing every time I do a scan it will get about 60,000+ and then crash Malewarebytes doesn't find anything,(I even uninstalled malewarebytes still crash) everything is up to date, I have no Java. I don't go to any possible bad websites. this started after I was cleaning out some old stuff in my temps folder, but I only got rid of folder that said they where empty.

anyone know what this could be? *Bang Head :banghead:

If I wait about 1 min. after the crash it goes back to normal

Crash on Full Defender Scan Capture1156.jpg

Crash on Full Defender Scan Capture1155599.jpg

Delta6326, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Pehla Win User

Windows defender crash during scan

might be malware! i had similar issue with defender and other Av..its bad ass malware..
    use anykind of av rescue disk and scan with that!!!

Pehla, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Crash on Full Defender Scan - Similar Threads - Crash Full Defender

2. PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan: Hi All,My PC is constantly crashing rebooting randomly on some games and always on Windows Defender Full Scan after a couple of minutes.Everything is up to date. Yesterday ran a full MemTest86 for almost 5 hours and found 0 problems with a nice green PASS message at the end.I...
  3. PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan: Hi All,My PC is constantly crashing rebooting randomly on some games and always on Windows Defender Full Scan after a couple of minutes.Everything is up to date. Yesterday ran a full MemTest86 for almost 5 hours and found 0 problems with a nice green PASS message at the end.I...
  4. Defender crashes during full scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender crashes during full scan: I've ran into this problem just recently. whenever i try to run a full scan, the defender crashes after an hour or so. quick scan and custom scan are working fine. I've run chkdsk and sfc /scannow and everything is fine, no bad sectors or errors found.device info: RAM 16GB ,...
  5. Full Scan in Windows defender

Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  6. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full Scan in Windows defender: I started a full scan in windows defender.It showing around 30 hours remaining. I actually wanted my system to shutdown.Will the scan be paused if i shutdown my pc or lost all the scan till now?...
  7. Full Scan in Windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  9. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  10. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...