Windows 10: crash when playing games display turns off then cant do anything

Discus and support crash when playing games display turns off then cant do anything in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i checked the logs and the only error i can find is this Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 i dont know if it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FruitlessSoup, Sep 9, 2021.

1. crash when playing games display turns off then cant do anything

i checked the logs and the only error i can find is this Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 i dont know if it is anything if not i would love some advice to fix the problem.

:)

FruitlessSoup, Sep 9, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 9, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

crash when playing games display turns off then cant do anything

Issue with display while playing a game

Hi Deb,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with display while playing a game.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• From where did you download the game? Is it from Windows Store?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

This issue could have occurred due to corrupt display driver.

I suggest you to download and install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.
    If Windows 10 driver are not available then install latest driver in compatibility mode.

To install the display driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest display
    driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

crash when playing games display turns off then cant do anything

1. crash when playing games display turns off then cant do anything - Similar Threads - crash playing games

2. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  3. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  4. PC get turn off when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC get turn off when playing certain games: Hi, is there anyone can help me? My PC get turn off not blue screen or black screen when playing certain games that consider not heavy like russian fishing 4 or ranch simulator, but when playing game like GTA V or Smackdown going smooth. Thank you* Moved from Community Center...
  5. PC get turn off when playing certain games

PC get turn off when playing certain games: Hi, is there anyone can help me? My PC get turn off not blue screen or black screen when playing certain games that consider not heavy like russian fishing 4 or ranch simulator, but when playing game like GTA V or Smackdown going smooth. Thank you* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Laptop Crashes If Display Turns Off While Game Is Running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Crashes If Display Turns Off While Game Is Running?: Hi all!I picked up a new Asus Zephyrus with an I9 and 4070m and absolutely love it! I have however had a few disappointing issues that I didn't have with my previous Zephyrus laptops that is kind of hindering my enjoyment. One of these issues was constant stuttering and...
  7. Laptop Crashes If Display Turns Off While Game Is Running?

Laptop Crashes If Display Turns Off While Game Is Running?: Hi all!I picked up a new Asus Zephyrus with an I9 and 4070m and absolutely love it! I have however had a few disappointing issues that I didn't have with my previous Zephyrus laptops that is kind of hindering my enjoyment. One of these issues was constant stuttering and...
  8. Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...: Hi Forum Folke,Windows 10 has developed the intensely annoying habit of popping up a black window that displays the last media file I played using any media player, apparently, as I do NOT use Windows Media Player, I use VLC Media Player, and whatever video was last watched,...
  9. Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn OFF displaying last media file played when turning sound on or off or sometimes just...: Hi Forum Folke,Windows 10 has developed the intensely annoying habit of popping up a black window that displays the last media file I played using any media player, apparently, as I do NOT use Windows Media Player, I use VLC Media Player, and whatever video was last watched,...
  10. iGPU driver crashes when computer turns display off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iGPU driver crashes when computer turns display off: I have an Acer Aspire 5742G with an i5-480M and a GT 540M and the Intel display driver fails whenever the computer turns the display off after 10min afk no matter what power plan I'm on, it hapenned just now with Sleep Off in the power plan settings, it's just set to turn off...