Windows 10: Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails

Discus and support Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had several instances of an error where Acrobat crashes while creating PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer. It usually occurs when there are a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Andacar, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Andacar Win User

Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails

I have had several instances of an error where Acrobat crashes while creating PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer. It usually occurs when there are a lot of thumbnails to create. All thumbnails on the system will disappear and need to be recreated. Event Viewer reports the following error:

Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails [​IMG]

I've posted this to Adobe's forums as well but gotten no response. I'm using Windows 10 x64 v1809.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Darrell Leland

:)

Andacar, Dec 28, 2018
  2. Andacar Win User

I have had several instances of an error where Acrobat crashes while creating PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer. It usually occurs when there are a lot of thumbnails to create. All thumbnails on the system will disappear and need to be recreated. Event Viewer reports the following error:

Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails [​IMG]

I've posted this to Adobe's forums as well but gotten no response. I'm using Windows 10 x64 v1809.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Darrell Leland

Andacar, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available

Hi Michelle, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

Preview and Thumbnails of PDF files can be disabled on your PC . . .

I suggest that you follow steps below to enable this feature

Start Adobe Reader

Tap on Edit in the menu bar and select Preferences

Under Categories highlight General

Put the checkmark next to the box Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer

I also recommend the article - Enable thumbnail of PDFs in Windows Explorer to get further information

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-pd...

Martin Jenkinss, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails

Best free PDF software?

I use:
    • UnityPDF to merge/split PDFs and to insert/extract pages
    • doPDF to create PDFs from any program that is capable of printing
    • Foxit Reader to view PDFs and to type in them

Static~Charge, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Crash While Creating

2. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  3. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  4. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  5. Thumbnails for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnails for .pdf files: On Windows 10, latest updates installed, how can I show thumbnails of .pdf file in Explorer instead of the generic pdf icon, as it happens with .jpg files?Regardsmarius...
  6. Pdf and Word thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pdf and Word thumbnail: I can only see very few thumbnails of my document roughly about 20% of word and pdf. I have tried various common methods to show my thumbnail yet nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-and-word-thumbnail/3f213019-ad51-4cfd-8429-de7d50ae5b4d
  7. PDF thumbnails broken in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF thumbnails broken in windows: Its never worked great but pdf thumbnails in explorer seems pretty broke in windows 10. I dont know if its the latest CU update or a recent update to Adobe reader (both have occurred last few days) but now just get generic Adobe icons for pdf. the old trick to open Adobe...
  8. Problem with PDF thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with PDF thumbnails: Hello I have new laptop (Win 10 Home). The previews/thumbnails of pdf files, however, are only black squares/tiles. And even if I manage to get a preview, the pdf is shown in such an ugly white square. [ATTACH] The problem is completely random, it can switch from black to...
  9. PDF thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF thumbnails: I’d like to learn how the file explorer preview pane display thumbnails of PDF documents. I need it to capture and then save the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs to a photo format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc)....
  10. Create Thumbnail Slideshow?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create Thumbnail Slideshow?: Hi I'm an amateur photographer and have a lot of files. I would like to have my folder covers run as a slideshow, showing a random selection of images from within them and their sub-folders. Is this possible? Thanks John 94668

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer pdf thumbnails crash