Windows 10: Crash while in sleep mode requires system restore

Discus and support Crash while in sleep mode requires system restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have been running into an issue where I’ll put my desktop in sleep and come back to find it prompting me to do start up repair steps. Doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GarrettDietz, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Crash while in sleep mode requires system restore

Recently I have been running into an issue where I’ll put my desktop in sleep and come back to find it prompting me to do start up repair steps. Doing the generic “restart and diagnose” has not worked, and so far my only solution has been doing system restores to a previous point (after which I have normal functionality until the next time I leave it in sleep more for too long). Any ideas on how to fix this permanently? The PC is still under warranty, so I could bring it back if its a likely hardware issue.

Thanks for your help!

:)

GarrettDietz, Jun 22, 2019

2. open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Crash while in sleep mode requires system restore

Sleep mode

Hi John,

Since this is a new computer, settings may be on the default configuration. One of the option to configure the authentication requirement when the device wakes from sleep is through
    Settings under Accounts. To be guided on this, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• On the Search box, type
      Sign-in options and press Enter.

• Under Required sign-in, click the drop down arrow and choose your
      preferred setup.

• Once done, close the Settings window and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps above.

Zedrick Del, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Crash while in sleep mode requires system restore

1. Crash while in sleep mode requires system restore - Similar Threads - Crash while sleep

2. System crashes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes on sleep mode: Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my...
  3. System crashes on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashes on sleep mode: Hi all,I'm having to ask this question here because I've been back and forth with Dell Support and it has not been successful at all. They've replaced the logic board, wireless card, graphics card, and the RAM but the problem continues to occur.Basically, when I try to put my...
  4. Windows 11 PC crash/debug while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC crash/debug while in sleep mode: Hello,Recently I have been dealing with an issue where my PC BSODs while in sleep mode. This is the second time this has happened. The first time it occurred 4 days ago I ran the Memory Diagnostic tool no issues, updated Windows, ran the System File Checker also no issues, as...
  5. Windows 11 PC crash/debug while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC crash/debug while in sleep mode: Hello,Recently I have been dealing with an issue where my PC BSODs while in sleep mode. This is the second time this has happened. The first time it occurred 4 days ago I ran the Memory Diagnostic tool no issues, updated Windows, ran the System File Checker also no issues, as...
  6. Crash on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crash on sleep mode: When I put my pc to sleep and start it up again it crashesHere are some All I can remember:CRITICAL PROCESS DIEDWhat Failed:Sys filesFile I used that could cause those problems:Avast Cleanup PremiumAvast Driver UpdaterShould I chkdsk or automatic repair?I did sfc /scannow and...
  7. Windows 10 20H2 crashes while entering sleep mode and requires hard reset to recover

Windows 10 20H2 crashes while entering sleep mode and requires hard reset to recover: Hello, I have a slightly older Toshiba KIRA laptop i5-4200U https://anz.dynabook.com/products/computers/kira/kirabook/psu8sa-00t00u/specifications and having issues with a crash while entering sleep mode. When it happens my only option is to hard reset the computer and...
  8. Persistent Crashing While Sleep Mode - Bug Check

Persistent Crashing While Sleep Mode - Bug Check: Hello folks! I'm having a concerning issue with my recently built Windows 10 machine. Below are my system specs, symptoms of issue, steps to reproduce, troubleshooting steps taken, and an attached minidump (MEMORY.DMP). System Specs CPU: Intel i9 9900k @ 4.7ghz Mobo: ASUS...
  9. Crash while sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash while sleeping: From time to time my HTPC will crash while going to sleep. There's nothing to see on screen - I just find I have to press the power button on the PC (the remote doesn't work) and the system starts up from scratch. The event log shows the crash. BlueScreenView reports...
  10. System turns off at night while in sleep mode

System turns off at night while in sleep mode: I updated to W10 and have had no problems and this one really isn't a big deal but it's got my OCD going. I have sleep set after 25 minutes and that seems to work fine. It comes out of sleep pretty well too. But, it seems that ovenight, the system shuts down on it's own....