Windows 10: Crashed but don't know how to analyze dump files

Discus and support Crashed but don't know how to analyze dump files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop just froze and gave a bsod with stopcode SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. It said that nvlddmkm.sys failed.This freeze happened after I opened a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DaanDW, Jun 28, 2022.

1. DaanDW Win User

Crashed but don't know how to analyze dump files

My laptop just froze and gave a bsod with stopcode SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. It said that nvlddmkm.sys failed.This freeze happened after I opened a game called osu.I know dump files can help identify what caused this but I don't know how to do that so I would appreciate some help with that.I don't know if I can already upload the dump file so I will wait for an answer regarding that

:)

DaanDW, Jun 28, 2022

2. Need help analyzing dump file.

If your computer crashes, how can you find out what happened, fix the issue and it prevent it from happening again? You may find the small memory dump file useful in this situation. The small memory dump file contains
    the smallest amount of useful information that could help you identify why your computer crashed. The memory dump file contains the following information:
    • The Stop message, its parameters and other data
    • A list of loaded drivers
    • The processor context (PRCB) for the processor that stopped
    • The process information and kernel context (EPROCESS) for the process that stopped
    • The process information and kernel context (ETHREAD) for the thread that stopped
    • The Kernel-mode call stack for the thread that stopped
    To create a memory dump file, Windows requires a paging file on the boot volume that is at least 2 megabytes (MB) in size. On computers that are running Microsoft Windows 2000, or a later version of Windows, a new memory
    dump file is created each time that a computer crash may occur. A history of these files is stored in a folder. If a second problem occurs and if Windows creates a second small memory dump file, Windows preserves the previous file. Windows gives each file
    a distinct, date-encoded file name. For example, Mini022900-01.dmp is the first memory dump file that was generated on February 29, 2000. Windows keeps a list of all the small memory dump files in the %SystemRoot%\Minidump folder.

The small memory dump file can be useful when hard disk space is limited. However, because of the limited information that is included, errors that were not directly caused by the thread that was running at the time of
    the problem may not be discovered by an analysis of this file.

WilliamSuiter1, Jun 28, 2022
  3. App Finale Notepad crashed in Win10, I lost it all but, see file in Temp crash dump with the app name and time of dump

Hello, my name is Arif Ahmed, Windows Advisor.

I would be happy to help you.

Please perform the following steps and analyze the DMP file if the data can be retrieved.

Open the Start menu.

type windbg.exe .

Click File and select Open Crash Dump.

Browse to the . dmp file you wish to analyze.

Click Open

ArifAhmed2, Jun 28, 2022
  4. DeqianLi Win User

DeqianLi, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Crashed but don't know how to analyze dump files - Similar Threads - Crashed don't analyze

2. Unable to analyze dump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to analyze dump file: I have reset my computer with a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and it continues to have intermittent crash issues.I believe the issue is related to a hardware problem, but I am unable to fully analyze the dump file to determine root cause.The dump file can be found...
  3. Unable to analyze dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to analyze dump file: I have reset my computer with a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and it continues to have intermittent crash issues.I believe the issue is related to a hardware problem, but I am unable to fully analyze the dump file to determine root cause.The dump file can be found...
  4. Unable to analyze dump file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Crashed but don't know how to analyze dump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashed but don't know how to analyze dump files: My laptop just froze and gave a bsod with stopcode SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. It said that nvlddmkm.sys failed.This freeze happened after I opened a game called osu.I know dump files can help identify what caused this but I don't know how to do that so I would appreciate some...
  6. Crashed but don't know how to analyze dump files

Crashed but don't know how to analyze dump files: My laptop just froze and gave a bsod with stopcode SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. It said that nvlddmkm.sys failed.This freeze happened after I opened a game called osu.I know dump files can help identify what caused this but I don't know how to do that so I would appreciate some...
  7. Need help analyzing crash dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help analyzing crash dump: Hello everyone!I need some help analyzing a crash dump. Through my online research, I see a couple conflicting suggestions for the same issue. Memory problem or potentially a failing CPU have been two common suggestions along with a less common failing cooling system I do...
  8. Need help analyzing crash dump

Need help analyzing crash dump: Hello everyone!I need some help analyzing a crash dump. Through my online research, I see a couple conflicting suggestions for the same issue. Memory problem or potentially a failing CPU have been two common suggestions along with a less common failing cooling system I do...
  9. I have a memory dump its 1.68gb but don't know how to read/analyze it

I have a memory dump its 1.68gb but don't know how to read/analyze it: My PC crashed while shutting down, I have found the memory dump file which was created but cannot view it or analyze it. I'ev tried to upload to google drive and share a link but good doesn't like DMP files so not sure how to share it. Potentially un-related i've had a couple...
  10. Help Analyzing System Crash Mini Dump Files

Help Analyzing System Crash Mini Dump Files: Hello, I am looking for support in analyzing these system dump files. My suspicion is that it is a memory issue in the explorer.exe process. The user says that this has been happening somewhat frequently when transferring images (about 35) into a web application for...