Windows 10: Crashed hard drive issues - creating ISO to put on new SSD

Discus and support Crashed hard drive issues - creating ISO to put on new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My old laptop hard drive crashed last year - I got the files recovered and they are now on an external SSD (I was using windows 10). I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KT_09, Dec 8, 2018.

1. KT_09 Win User

Crashed hard drive issues - creating ISO to put on new SSD

Hi

My old laptop hard drive crashed last year - I got the files recovered and they are now on an external SSD (I was using windows 10).

I have purchased a new SSD and inserted it into the computer as the main hard drive

My question is - how do I install windows 10 on that new SSD from my external hard drive?

Thanks!

:)

KT_09, Dec 8, 2018

2. Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 8, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Crashed hard drive issues - creating ISO to put on new SSD

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Crashed hard drive issues - creating ISO to put on new SSD

1. Crashed hard drive issues - creating ISO to put on new SSD - Similar Threads - Crashed hard drive

2. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive: If I already have windows on my hard drive that is in my pc and I am adding an ssd into the pc in addition to the preexisting hard drive, do I need to get windows on the ssd as well?...
  3. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive: If I already have windows on my hard drive that is in my pc and I am adding an ssd into the pc in addition to the preexisting hard drive, do I need to get windows on the ssd as well?...
  4. Putting an ssd into my pc that has a hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. external hard drive crash issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard drive crash issue: my touro external hard drive crasheswhen i open touro to copy, paste, browse files the crash happens many times after a short timeit starts with my computer not being responsivewhat happens is mouse cursor slowly stuttering across the screen for few secsthen my desktop,...
  6. external hard drive crash issue

external hard drive crash issue: my touro external hard drive crasheswhen i open touro to copy, paste, browse files the crash happens many times after a short timeit starts with my computer not being responsivewhat happens is mouse cursor slowly stuttering across the screen for few secsthen my desktop,...
  7. Putting Windows on a new Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Putting Windows on a new Hard Drive: I've recently bought a 1TB NVMe SSD that I'm planning on making my primary drive with Windows on and retiring my current OS drive which is a 120GB SATA SSD. The problem is the choices seem endless on what the best way to go about this is. There's things like the Creation...
  8. Installing Windows from Microsoft iso created disk on new Hard Drive

Installing Windows from Microsoft iso created disk on new Hard Drive: I am trying to install window 10 on a new hard drive - 4th attempt still stops at 1% after 3 hours- I've noticed people have been asking same question for 4 years, tried evey solution. Do you have one that works other than getting Windows 7. Why are people still so frustrated...
  9. Are all SSD Hard Drives created equal?

Are all SSD Hard Drives created equal?: Hi everyone. Getting ready to move from Win 7-64 to Win 10-64 when 10 is available next month. It's my understanding that Win 10 will not install over Win 7 so I'd like to install a new 250Gb SSD (I currently have Win 7 on a 128Gb SSD as C: ) for a clean install on it. Once...
  10. Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?

Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?: Hi All, A few days ago I got a new Win8.1 laptop that I smoothly upgraded to Win10. This laptop now shows as being registered with Microsoft. I just now purchased a 250GB SSD that will arrive in a week or so. I want to install Win10 on this new drive. A friend just gave me a...