Windows 10: Crashes/BSOD mainly when not in use overnight

Discus and support Crashes/BSOD mainly when not in use overnight in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dell Optiplex 3050 was experiencing BSOD's when being used and when the system was idle. It would almost always crash when starting the google drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by clrsolutions, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Crashes/BSOD mainly when not in use overnight

Dell Optiplex 3050 was experiencing BSOD's when being used and when the system was idle. It would almost always crash when starting the google drive app. Performed a fresh install and now it's back to crashing overnight every day or so and occasionally during use. It passed BurnInTest and memtest86 without issue.

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.868

Collector logs attached

:)

clrsolutions, Mar 19, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Mar 19, 2021
  4. timta2 Win User

Crashes/BSOD mainly when not in use overnight

Blue Screen Problems

How long did you let memtest run for? I would let it run overnight. Did you try running something like Intel Burn Test? It sounds like you took the steps I would suggest. I had that same motherboard (and E8400) and when I had that BSOD it was always memory related.

timta2, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Crashes/BSOD mainly when not in use overnight

1. Crashes/BSOD mainly when not in use overnight - Similar Threads - Crashes BSOD mainly

2. Laptops crash when sleeping overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops crash when sleeping overnight: Edit: I have S0 and it says "During Modern Standby, the system can stay up-to-date whenever a suitable network is available". Is it because the wifi cut off?I've found that when I close my laptop to sleep, sometimes it crashes so that when I open it in the morning, it shows...
  3. Laptops crash when sleeping overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops crash when sleeping overnight: I've found that when I close my laptop to sleep, sometimes it crashes so that when I open it in the morning, it shows the home screen, all the apps are closed and I have to recover my files from AutoRecovery. It doesn't need to start up, just log in like normal.It is often...
  4. Windows 10 Crashes Overnight

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Crashes Overnight: For the past couple days I have noticed my PC has been rebooted when I begin my workday. Looking through the Event Viewer, and filtering for Event ID 6008 I can see 2 unexpected shutdowns. I also verified this within reliability monitor. There were 3 automatic updates on...
  5. BSOD, mainly when gaming.

BSOD, mainly when gaming.: I've been having BSOD issues since I built my PC, I ran driver verifier to see if that would help, it says there is an issue but doesn't say which driver is the problem. All drivers are up to date as far as I know, just need help figuring out what is wrong....
  6. Windows crashing overnight repeatedly

Windows crashing overnight repeatedly: Hello, I am having an issue with the PC crashing overnight for several days in a row. From other threads, I've seen people be requested to upload a zip file of the mini-dumps when it is reffering to rebooting from a bugcheck. I've attached the minidump along with the System...
  7. BSOD Crashing overnight and sometimes on log-in

BSOD Crashing overnight and sometimes on log-in: Hello, I started having issues a week or two ago where the computer would restart overnight. At first I thought it was updates but it kept on happening. I looked at Event Viewer system logs and googled some of the errors I saw and most people seemed to have RAM troubles. I...
  8. BSOD Issue when gaming mainly

BSOD Issue when gaming mainly: Hi I'm posting for a friend, they bought there pc to me, I ran memtest86 for overnight (12 passes) and it showed 0 errors, I have included to Log Collector results for you. Thank you. 129896
  9. BSOD & crashes overnight when returning from sleep?

BSOD & crashes overnight when returning from sleep?: HI This is my first post so apologies if I do something wrong or unhelpful! Every night I put my Toshiba laptop to sleep and in the morning when I tried to wake it up it was giving a BSOD. During the day with short sleep times it behaved as expected. In the day it is on...
  10. BSOD mainly when playing HOTS

BSOD mainly when playing HOTS: Hello I'm trying to help my brother with his Windows 10 computer, a few weeks ago it started having issues with the BSOD. It's not constant or even daily but frequent enough to cause concern. It seems to happen the most when he's playing the online game Heros of the storm...