Windows 10: Crashes/BSOD when playing games

Discus and support Crashes/BSOD when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says, I am getting very frequent crashes and BSODs when I play games. When I am doing any less intensive tasks on my pc, everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thicc Xpert, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Crashes/BSOD when playing games

As the title says, I am getting very frequent crashes and BSODs when I play games. When I am doing any less intensive tasks on my pc, everything is fine. The first 10 of the 12 months I've had this custom built pc were fine. Then, the BSODs and crashes started and have become more and more frequent to where it is impossible to play any games without it crashing just minutes into the game. I do not overclock my gpu (anymore), I have never overclocked my cpu, memtest and windows memory test have never found any errors despite multiple runs, Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostics says my 3 drives are fine, driver easy says my drivers are up to date, malwarebytes shows no viruses, I did a completely clean install of windows 2 days ago, and I'm sure I've done some other troubleshooting I can't remember at the moment. I just can't seem to find out what the heck happened to my pc over the last few weeks/months. So, I shall reach out to the community for some much needed help.

System Info:

Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600x

Cpu cooler: noctua u12s am4

Gpu: EVGA GTX 1070 ti ftw2 iCX

Mobo: asrock fatality ab350 gaming k4

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000

PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified

A link with the most recent complete memory dump file, its minidump file, and full system info is included below

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar7luukk76h6hG5b9WKl42l_r-Pj?e=Mq6Vq0

Thank you for any and all help, the amount of troubleshooting I've done for nothing is extremely infuriating at this point

:)

Thicc Xpert, Jun 10, 2019
  2. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Crashes/BSOD when playing games [​IMG]

iuppiter, Jun 10, 2019
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Crashes/BSOD when playing games

BSOD/crash playing games, memory error on shutdown

Been a few more days, haven't had much play time in the biggest offending games but did have a crash last night in Destiny 2. Did the general 'program has stopped working' message, and I couldn't re-launch the game until I rebooted my computer. In that state, I tried restarting Explorer, closing a bunch of other programs I had running, etc seeing if I could narrow down what was the cause...eventually gave up and rebooted.

I've also turned off fast startup as zbook suggested. Since then I don't think I've seen the Explorer memory error on shutdown, but I think that has become rarer since I installed the chipset drivers.

I've run the HD Tune on the rest of the drives. I'm going to need another large block of time before attempting the chkdsk /r on D: or the SeaTools DOS since the error check took almost 7.5 hours. Here are the results:

Void Concept, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Crashes/BSOD when playing games

1. Crashes/BSOD when playing games - Similar Threads - Crashes BSOD playing

2. PC always crashing and BSOD when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC always crashing and BSOD when playing games: Hello, I've had this problem for a while now, but I purchased a pre-built PC from NZXT and have struggled with constant crashing and blue screening when playing games. I've included the two latest crash dumps following this, but basically, I cannot play any game that is...
  3. PC always crashing and BSOD when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC always crashing and BSOD when playing games: Hello, I've had this problem for a while now, but I purchased a pre-built PC from NZXT and have struggled with constant crashing and blue screening when playing games. I've included the two latest crash dumps following this, but basically, I cannot play any game that is...
  4. BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games: As read above the PC crashes almost everytime I try to launch or just start playing a game msot specififcally Rainbow six seige, I have tried using the driver verifier to but it put the system into a constant loop of bsods on startup, i get some dump files but most seem to...
  5. BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD / Game crashes when loading or playing most games: As read above the PC crashes almost everytime I try to launch or just start playing a game msot specififcally Rainbow six seige, I have tried using the driver verifier to but it put the system into a constant loop of bsods on startup, i get some dump files but most seem to...
  6. Computer crashes when playing games on Windows BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when playing games on Windows BSOD: When I play games on my computer, I frequently get a BSOD. I have checked to make sure all my drivers are updated and the crash happens frequently, but intermittently. Any help would be really appreciated!One drive link below which has MiniDump...
  7. Computer crashes when playing games on Windows BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when playing games on Windows BSOD: When I play games on my computer, I frequently get a BSOD. I have checked to make sure all my drivers are updated and the crash happens frequently, but intermittently. Any help would be really appreciated!One drive link below which has MiniDump...
  8. Constant crashes and BSOD when playing games on laptop

Constant crashes and BSOD when playing games on laptop: I'm trying to figure out if my hardware is failing or not. I've tried pretty much everything recommended but nothing works. Laptop is past warranty at this point as well. I thought it might've just been overheating and got my laptop serviced. New thermal paste was applied...
  9. BSOD: Only crashes when playing games

BSOD: Only crashes when playing games: Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu,...
  10. PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games: So I built my PC already like 2 years ago. For the first year everything was completely fine and I had no issues with it, however about a year ago I started to have a problem in Fortnite where sometimes (and by sometimes I mean once a day of playing fortnite maybe) it would...