Windows 10: Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart

Discus and support Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LSOreli, Aug 4, 2015.

1. LSOreli Win User

Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart

I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a while or crashes pretty immediately, afterwards, attempting to start the computer will trigger many crashes during startup.

Errors all appeared to be in the kernal, suspect a hardware issue. PSU? Memory? Possibly GPU?

Steps I have taken:

-Complete reinstall and update to ten
    -Update Motherboard Drivers
    -Update GPU drivers
    -Update DX
    -Memtest (Pass) (considering running again)
    -ChkDsk (Pass)
    -SFC (some errors found that cannot be fixed)
    -Reseated/Cleaned memory and GPU
    -Dusted and cleaned inside of case
    -Tested power supply (slightly undervolt i.e. 4.9 on 5 lead 11.9 on 12 lead)

Steps I have not taken

-Flash BIOS
    -Throw computer out of the window

Please find attached the requested dump logs,

As a side note, windows ten doesn't appear to blue screen, it just crashes.

Please help!

Thank you for your attention.

:)

LSOreli, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Dysss Win User

Crash to static green screen?

Happens when I'm gaming, doesn't matter what game. It does however feel like I crash more often when running older games as compared to newer games (e.g. Crash during TF2 more often than Overwatch).

No error messages/codes comes out, as I said the screen just suddenly turns green and won't respond no matter what. I have to force restart my PC every time this happens.

Dysss, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Bugcheck Error Code 0x00000116 while Playing a Video Game

Thank you for replying BossDweeb!

To answer your questions:

I have only recently installed the game—the day I first posted error was the day I installed the game.

The game does not crash in certain areas or during heavier action; I could be staring at the ground and it will still crash.

I have installed the Complete 2009 mod (v1.4.4) for the game.

My GPU and CPU temps are very low. My GPU was at 47°C immediately after crashing and my CPU was at 45°C immediately after crashing.

How do I monitor my CPU usage during the game if it keeps crashing? Can I find the historical usage data somewhere?

All of my graphics drivers are up to date.

MichaelLF412, Aug 4, 2015
  4. LSOreli Win User

Heres my rather lengthy memtest, I think I can rule out memory as the issue

Attachment 29229

LSOreli, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    Can you check in Add/Remove programs for something called Raptr, it's the only thing I can find in your dumps.
    Code: EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s. FAULTING_IP: nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault+0 fffff801`9ff66997 498b08 mov rcx,qword ptr [r8] EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: ffffffffffffffff BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: raptr.exe[/quote]
    Also to test the RAM I'd recommend MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart [​IMG]
    Note
    Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart [​IMG]

Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Boozad, Aug 9, 2015
  6. LSOreli Win User
    I have uninstalled Raptr, its a gaming app thats packaged with AMD's driver suite, the catalyst center.

I have run memtest for a total of over 8 passes, but I can set it to do eight in one run if you'd like. Possibly I'll have it use more cores since it took almost 24 hours to do that 3 pass run I have screenshotted.

Is memtest 86+ different than what I ran?

Also, attached is a more recent dump with a lot more crashes in it.

Attachment 30362

LSOreli, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    MemTest86+ is different and far superior. I'll take a look at the latest dumps tomorrow for you.

Boozad, Aug 10, 2015
  8. LSOreli Win User

Thank you, I'll run the test tonight and give you the results tomorrow as well.

LSOreli, Aug 10, 2015
  9. LSOreli Win User
    Running memtest86+ gives me "missing operating system" and then it just boots my OS. Tried it with three different drives and two versions. I did manual formats and let it do its own formatting of the drive. Not sure what the issue is, can't find any information on it.

LSOreli, Aug 10, 2015
  10. Boozad Win User
    Can you download the ISO and cerate a bootable USB or CD?

As for the dumps, can you please enable Driver Verifier. Please read the following tutorial carefully before proceeding. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139) A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruption could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine. Arguments: Arg1: 000000000000001d, Type of memory safety violation Arg2: fffff8007fa027f0, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg3: fffff8007fa02748, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 PROCESS_NAME: System CURRENT_IRQL: 2 ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.[/quote]

Boozad, Aug 10, 2015
  11. LSOreli Win User
    It wouldn't boot from the ISO either, same error, "missing operating system."

I ran the driver verifier for a while, no crashes that I know of. I ran another round of logs in case it happened while I was asleep and just rebooted. Attachment 30814

LSOreli, Aug 11, 2015
  12. LSOreli Win User
    Got memtest 86+ to run from a bootable CD, heres the test:

Attachment 31167

Whoops, errors got cut off, there weren't any.

LSOreli, Aug 13, 2015
  13. Boozad Win User

OK so we can rule out RAM, that's good. Can you enable Driver Verifier again please, but don't leave the PC running while you're not at it for any length of time as we need to know if it causes BSODs. There were no dumps in the last set of logs so it looks like there was no reboot.

Boozad, Aug 13, 2015
  14. LSOreli Win User
    After a little bit of testing it seems that swapping the DIMM slots that my RAM is installed into has resolved the issue. I haven't had any crashes since doing so and the crashes were exceptionally frequent and immediate previously.

Thanks for all your help, going to consider this resolved.

LSOreli, Aug 17, 2015
  15. Boozad Win User
    Good to hear you got your issues sorted, thanks for letting us know.

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart - Similar Threads - Crashes during gaming

2. crashing during gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing during gaming.: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎7/‎15/‎2023 3:00 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8b0eba96f010Parameter 2:...
  3. crashing during gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crashing during gaming.: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎7/‎15/‎2023 3:00 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8b0eba96f010Parameter 2:...
  4. Crashes and BSOD during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes and BSOD during games: Hi all,Recently i hapen to experience various crashes and/or BSOD while playing gaming when i stat the app or randomly between 2 and 20 min in-gamesBSOD code is always DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Earlier dumps showed different errors from now. It was always an error c0000005 that...
  5. Crashes and BSOD during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crashes and BSOD during games: Hi all,Recently i hapen to experience various crashes and/or BSOD while playing gaming when i stat the app or randomly between 2 and 20 min in-gamesBSOD code is always DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Earlier dumps showed different errors from now. It was always an error c0000005 that...
  6. Windows crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashes during gaming: Hi everyone,I recently put together brand new PC configuration with the following specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900xGPU: GeForce 3060 RTX TIMotherboard: ASUS Prime x570-PRAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz - 32GB totalSSD: Samsung 980 Pro 500GBWhile the spec are great and I see...
  7. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during gaming: I am Kylie from Dalmine flangesMy computer keeps restarting while playing video games, but not while browsing Chrome or other applications. I've been monitoring temperatures while running Heaven Benchmark at high settings, and the CPU doesn't get hotter than low 70's, and the...
  8. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashes during gaming: I am Kylie from Dalmine flangesMy computer keeps restarting while playing video games, but not while browsing Chrome or other applications. I've been monitoring temperatures while running Heaven Benchmark at high settings, and the CPU doesn't get hotter than low 70's, and the...
  9. Computer crashes during restart

Computer crashes during restart: Hi, Just recently, my computer refused to shut down properly. Upon shutdown or restarting, the computer would enter the shutdown/restart screen then after some time present a stopcode: driver_power_state_failure. I'm not sure what the issue is and any help would be...
  10. New laptop crashes to restart during gaming

New laptop crashes to restart during gaming: Greetings, I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS (https://amzn.to/2NukFdz), purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~a week ago. All's working fine, except games sometimes crash to restart (CTR). The crash process is always the same: the game freezes for a few seconds,...