Windows 10: Crashes, freezes since installing Build 19041- how to proceed?

Discus and support Crashes, freezes since installing Build 19041- how to proceed? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer automatically updated to Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 1-2 days ago. Since then I am having multiple problems: Frequent freezes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by justinCTU, Jun 8, 2020.

1. justinCTU Win User

Crashes, freezes since installing Build 19041- how to proceed?

My computer automatically updated to Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 1-2 days ago. Since then I am having multiple problems:

• Frequent freezes with Firefox all extensions disabled
    • Frequent freezes using Explorer windows - eg opening task manager
    • Cannot login to other user accounts. They highlight, but clicking does nothing
      • Crashes, freezes since installing Build 19041- how to proceed? 945a6aff-adda-472d-8906-a741d50d8d15?upload=true.jpg
    • I have this weird new icon
      • Crashes, freezes since installing Build 19041- how to proceed? 17f260eb-95f9-4eb0-b5b3-11b60aeb2fe2?upload=true.jpg
      • I cannot select "I forgot my PIN" or "Sign-in options"
    • BSODs - these seem to be resolved by a full shut down/restart

• Windows Security Icon warning - but no problem is shown fixed on restart
      • Crashes, freezes since installing Build 19041- how to proceed? fda8cc9f-331c-4043-a79e-aea5838279e4?upload=true.jpg

• Freezes. This one shows 100% CPU, but 0% used by individual apps. Also note the two blank apps
      • Crashes, freezes since installing Build 19041- how to proceed? dfca3a7a-f481-462f-8ea7-f3b9768c1a4a?upload=true.jpg
    • Microsoft Products Freezing/Crashing: MS Word, Outlook are intermittently freezing.

:)

justinCTU, Jun 8, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 8, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 8, 2020
  4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Crashes, freezes since installing Build 19041- how to proceed? - Similar Threads - Crashes freezes since

2. How to proceed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to proceed: how do I change legacy to uefi boot mode for installing win 10? any other specs to be mentioned? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-proceed/cf9b7f85-5d8a-475f-a959-755f1b787e60
  3. Bluescreen loop , windows build 19041

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen loop , windows build 19041: Hello, after ive been able to postpone the update for about a 2 months i forgot to do it again and it updated. After servicing stack 10.0.19041.1081 was installed i cant uninstall it and go back to a working version.The error code i get is 0xc000021aThe updates that might...
  4. Windows 10.0.19041, build 19041 problem

Windows 10.0.19041, build 19041 problem: Windows 10.0.19041, build 19041 was installed on my Dell computer on 2/09/2021 just as so many upgrades have been installed over the years. After this latest install I could not get on line. Also could not reinstall the previous version. Tried everything including having...
  5. install .Net 3.5 sp1 on Windows 10 Enterprise build 19041

install .Net 3.5 sp1 on Windows 10 Enterprise build 19041: I need to get .Net 3.5 working on a Panasonic FZ-M1 TOUGHPAD. I've done: Turn on features on or off select .NET Framework 3.5... Let Windows Update download Downloading required files --- some seconds Changes couldn't be completed...blah...blah...blah...Error code:...
  6. Build 19041 Issues

Build 19041 Issues: I lost my email - rebuilt it from backups I lost my turbo tax 2019 - am rebuilding it from a backup I lost all my saved passwords - gone no rebuild I lost my video display - had to resort to vga and reinstall video drivers I lost printers - am trying to rebuild those...
  7. Build 19041 Version 20H1: There is said to be something in this build for gamers...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Build 19041 Version 20H1: There is said to be something in this build for gamers...: For further information, please refer to: https://www.neowin.net/news/how-to-enable-hardware-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-on-windows-10-may-2020-update...
  8. Possible SSD crash, how to proceed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible SSD crash, how to proceed?: I have (had) OS on SSD and secondary drive is old SSHD (with OS). When I installed SSD (Samsung Evo) a couple of years ago (2018 thanksgiving), I just put SSHD in the place of DVD drive. Today, while watching a YouTube video, suddenly the screen went blank and rebooted using...
  9. Possible SSD crash, how to proceed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible SSD crash, how to proceed?: I have (had) OS on SSD and secondary drive is old SSHD (with OS). When I installed SSD (Samsung Evo) a couple of years ago (2018 thanksgiving), I just put SSHD in the place of DVD drive. Today, while watching a YouTube video, suddenly the screen went blank and rebooted using...
  10. DPC_Watchdog_Error on Build 19041

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Error on Build 19041: Earlier this morning, my Windows PC HP Envy m6 using AMD crashed. Please view the dump file here. Suggesting that users uninstall third party antivirus software is callous and irresponsible, no matter how much better you believe Microsoft Defender has become. Under no...