Windows 10: Crashes in Forza and other games

Discus and support Crashes in Forza and other games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had some crashes and some bluescreens lately and I was wondering if anyone can help me diagnose my issue? I usually forget to save the crash log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SuicidalKitenz, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Crashes in Forza and other games

I've had some crashes and some bluescreens lately and I was wondering if anyone can help me diagnose my issue? I usually forget to save the crash log but I saved it this time and I was hoping someone could tell what's going from from the log. I have tried resetting windows and that hadn't fixed my issue, but I haven't taken the final step to wipe my windows since I don't want the hassle of reinstalling 2 and a half terabytes of content.

Heres the log

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fac90ee

Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 27.21.14.5730, time stamp: 0x5fa5dfcf

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000d54ada

Faulting process id: 0x3ae0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6cb3cd4a33568

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.451.334.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5dcb5bbf5c3edcf2\nvwgf2umx.dll

Report Id: f18489fe-cec4-4c6f-81a9-f3072f46d663

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.451.334.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

I have noticed that many of my bluescreens relate to different kernels each time which makes me think that my registry is corrupted but wouldn't resetting windows reset the registry?

:)

SuicidalKitenz, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Forza Horizon 3 Crash on Gameplay

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that Forza Horizon 3 keeps crashing.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I suggest you refer and follow the steps mentioned in the article and check if that resolves the issue. Refer to the article
    My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Brør Win User
    Forza Horizon 4 - Game crashes - I have the solution

I still get crashes after trying your suggestions. I thought the crashes was gone, but it happens all of a sudden if im racing, are in the world map on Forza H4 or just start the game and press on continue. It also happens in other games using the Xbox Beta
    app.

I reverted every step i did on my original posts with Game Bar disabled and such, but I still crashes with Game Bar enabled or disabled.

I also installed the gforce driver v. 436.30 as suggested from the official forums for Forza since its a known issue with new gforce drivers with crashes. I still get crashes.

I downloaded this game from the Xbox Game Pass-subscription I have. I don't own the game but play it using a monthly subscription.

Brør, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Crashes in Forza and other games

Forza 7 keeps crashing on my Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

There are various reasons why Forza 7 crashes on your computer. It is possible that some of the game components are corrupted or not updated. To properly isolate your concern, please provide the following information:

• Have you tried running an antivirus software on your computer?
    • Did the issue start after an update?
    • Are you still able to play your other games on the same computer?
    • What steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset the game to help restore corrupted game installation files
    by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Loraine Mon, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Crashes in Forza and other games

1. Crashes in Forza and other games - Similar Threads - Crashes Forza games

2. Games and Other software crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games and Other software crashing: For the last month or so games and other software crash without warning, and just out right close. At first I thought it was my GPU, because I bought brand new parts except for a new gpu, but I'm even having small applications closing like google and discord. When my games...
  3. Games and Other software crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games and Other software crashing: For the last month or so games and other software crash without warning, and just out right close. At first I thought it was my GPU, because I bought brand new parts except for a new gpu, but I'm even having small applications closing like google and discord. When my games...
  4. Forza horizon 5 crashes at launch after the game update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza horizon 5 crashes at launch after the game update: I bought Forza horizon 5 from microsoft windows store. The game was working fine on my desktop pc for couple of months but recently it started crashing after the latest update without showing any error message. In the event viewer i got the error code as :Faulting application...
  5. Elden Ring and other games crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elden Ring and other games crashing: I start Elden ring on PC through steam and once the game starts and I get past the menu screen, or have it running for more than 20 seconds, the game crashes with no error report. I also launch Destiny 2 and crash after playing for 1 hour or sometimes after playing for 30...
  6. Elden Ring and other games crashing

Elden Ring and other games crashing: I start Elden ring on PC through steam and once the game starts and I get past the menu screen, or have it running for more than 20 seconds, the game crashes with no error report. I also launch Destiny 2 and crash after playing for 1 hour or sometimes after playing for 30...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 crashing randomly in-game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing randomly in-game: HiI already contacted the forza support team they said I should post here about Issues with game crashes or failure to launch.I purchased game on microsoft store, game works fine about year ago but now it crashes randomly in game...when I am at one place dont drive the car,...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 crashing randomly in-game

Forza Horizon 4 crashing randomly in-game: HiI already contacted the forza support team they said I should post here about Issues with game crashes or failure to launch.I purchased game on microsoft store, game works fine about year ago but now it crashes randomly in game...when I am at one place dont drive the car,...
  9. Certain games crash, others don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain games crash, others don't: Not super sure where to start so i'll end up posting what i put on others forums, only difference i had noticed in the last week was a windows update i did either thursday night or friday morning 7/16 and from then on i couldn't run X games, but if i tried some others they...
  10. Forza Crashing at Launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Crashing at Launch: I played forza horizon 4 off of Xbox gamepass for pc the first day I got it for about 4 hours. The next day it suffered from crashing whenever I launched it. I tried a bunch of things including a clean install of the game and restarting my pc and wifi. I used the ddu driver...