Windows 10: Crashes inherited from W7

Discus and support Crashes inherited from W7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings. My machine had W7 and developed a BSOD problem that I went through extensive efforts to track down but never managed to solve. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cormanaz, Aug 14, 2015.

1. cormanaz Win User

Crashes inherited from W7

Greetings. My machine had W7 and developed a BSOD problem that I went through extensive efforts to track down but never managed to solve. After a while, it stopped writing log files, so I gave up and hoped an upgrade to W10 would fix by replacing drivers. Well, predictably it didn't *Sad but it IS writing log files again. The situation is the same, namely I consistently get a 1E on shutdown, and occasionally get something else during operation. I have attached two of the latest minidump files. There are actually three, but one is a duplicate of the 1E-on-shutdown dump. One other bit of info is that in the course of the upgrade I switched to a Samsung SDD, so I think this at least rules out drive problems.

Can anyone suggest a course of action here? Should I just give up and replace the MOBO, since it seems it must be either a bad component or a driver that is causing this? TIA...Steve

:)

cormanaz, Aug 14, 2015
  2. raudo Win User

Windows 10 Search does not show Google Drive results

Hi,

I had the same problem with Search in Google Drive folder and subfolders. I saw that
    User inheritance option was enabled in that folder, but not in subfolders. What I had to make was to change the owner from SYSTEM to my user. Then, it started working in the Drive folder, but not subfolders. I changed the owner in some subfulders
    and it started working also. Then I selected in Drive folder the option "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object" and then the owner was propagated to all subfolders and now Search works in all the Goggle
    Drive tree folders.

I believe this is a bug in W10 because I haven't this problem in W7 with Goggle Drive folder.

raudo, Aug 14, 2015
  3. EggPap Win User
    Mouse moves slowly and desktop refreshes every 30 sec.

Having many problems with W10, I have recovered to W7pro, but W7 has crashed in some days: when W7 displays the authentication page, mouse and keyboard are dead also in safe mode. I have happily recovered W7 from a recent system backup. So I think that
    the W10 upgrade is not for all the PCs.

Many thanks,

Emiliano

EggPap, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 14, 2015
  5. hawkman Win User
    As this problem appears on both OS's i'd suspect either a hardware impending failure or more likely as you system is a custom build a component compatability problem.

Not my area but im sure else on the forum will pick it up from here

Roy

hawkman, Aug 14, 2015
  6. cormanaz Win User
    My apologies. I keep thinking this is the same machine, but it's a new OS and forum. Requested zip is attached.

cormanaz, Aug 15, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    This driver belongs to Gigabyte On/Off Charge driver, Gigabyte crapware is infamous for causing BSODs. Uninstall all Gigabyte crapware.
    Code: BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8003e9227d2, 0, 4e} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for AppleCharger.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AppleCharger.sys Probably caused by : AppleCharger.sys ( AppleCharger+270c ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote]
    Here's another instance of the exact same driver causing BSODs a couple of weeks ago. Solved Blue screen on restart - kmode_stop_exception - Windows 10 Forums

Boozad, Aug 15, 2015
  8. cormanaz Win User

You were right. Unistalled Gigabyte stuff, no more BSOD. Thank you for ending my 4 mo long BSOD nightmare!

The only thing I'm not sure about: Aren't the Gigabyte programs necessary to regulate fan speed? Or is that handled by Windows?

BTW, since you are a mod...I'm not sure the name of the forum makes sense since the crash screens aren't no longer blue in W10. How about Frowny Face of Death (FFOD)?

cormanaz, Aug 16, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    Good to hear the problem is solved. You can install the fan control software now you know what the issue is, but try to steer clear of anything else, and if System Information Viewer is installed that can really cause some BSOD issues.

Boozad, Aug 16, 2015
  10. cormanaz Win User
    Unfortunately, all the Gigabyte crapware comes as one big package, and it installs the on/off charge driver and one other app with all the other functions, including the system info viewer. Do you know if there is any other solution for fan control? I mainly want it for noise reduction. The machine works without it, of course. Maybe I need to post this question in another forum.

cormanaz, Aug 17, 2015
  11. Boozad Win User
    Have you checked the Gigabyte support page for your motherboard? Sometimes they offer the separate components for download. If not then Speedfan will allow you control your fan speed, I'll have to link it later for you as I'm at work at the moment.

Boozad, Aug 17, 2015
  12. cormanaz Win User
    I found the link for SpeedFan. Thanks again for your help!

cormanaz, Aug 17, 2015
  13. Boozad Win User

You're welcome. *Smile

Boozad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Crashes inherited from W7 - Similar Threads - Crashes inherited

2. System exception crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System exception crashes - BSOD: Recently my W11 -Pro machine had a few times with BSOD crashes with no apparent reason, saying: “Unexpected Kernel mode trap”,And “System Thread Exception not handled”, and then on reboot – “… did not start properly”.In addition, it is very slow sometimes – sluggish program...
  3. System exception crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System exception crashes - BSOD: Recently my W11 -Pro machine had a few times with BSOD crashes with no apparent reason, saying: “Unexpected Kernel mode trap”,And “System Thread Exception not handled”, and then on reboot – “… did not start properly”.In addition, it is very slow sometimes – sluggish program...
  4. Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11: Hello, I am encountering an issue whereby Windows Defender crashes my computer when doing a full scan. I can do multiple quick scans without issue.I have never had any other defender / antivirus on my computer, no drivers errors.I have a DMP file, but not sure how I can...
  5. Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11

Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11: Hello, I am encountering an issue whereby Windows Defender crashes my computer when doing a full scan. I can do multiple quick scans without issue.I have never had any other defender / antivirus on my computer, no drivers errors.I have a DMP file, but not sure how I can...
  6. Microsoft store version of fallout 76 keeps crashing my gpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store version of fallout 76 keeps crashing my gpu.: I’ve been playing the Microsoft store version of fallout 76 for a couple weeks now with no issues until a couple of days ago. Now when I play about 5 minutes into the game my gpu disconnects from my monitor and my fans speed up to 100%.At first I thought it was my gpu but...
  7. Various reoccurring crashes on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various reoccurring crashes on Windows 11.: Hello,For some time now, I have been having various BSODs that seem to happen randomly with several Error codes. So far, I've had SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON-PAGED_AREA. It will occasionally also freeze...
  8. Microsoft store version of fallout 76 keeps crashing my gpu.

Microsoft store version of fallout 76 keeps crashing my gpu.: I’ve been playing the Microsoft store version of fallout 76 for a couple weeks now with no issues until a couple of days ago. Now when I play about 5 minutes into the game my gpu disconnects from my monitor and my fans speed up to 100%.At first I thought it was my gpu but...
  9. Various reoccurring crashes on Windows 11.

Various reoccurring crashes on Windows 11.: Hello,For some time now, I have been having various BSODs that seem to happen randomly with several Error codes. So far, I've had SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON-PAGED_AREA. It will occasionally also freeze...
  10. Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again

Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again: Hi so i just tried upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 and after it finish's the upgrade it just shows the crash screen and sets back windows 7 again the crash screen said "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" how to fix it?...