Windows 10: [Crashes] PC freezes/crashes w. looping audio/bsod while on games

Discus and support [Crashes] PC freezes/crashes w. looping audio/bsod while on games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs: ASUS Z170-E - Up to date BIOS version 3801 Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz 8-core - Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212 air cooler MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6gb - Up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by barackoganja, Mar 26, 2020.

1. [Crashes] PC freezes/crashes w. looping audio/bsod while on games

Specs:

ASUS Z170-E - Up to date BIOS version 3801
    Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz 8-core - Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212 air cooler
    MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6gb - Up to date driver ver. 445.75
    16GB RAM 2133MHz 2 8gb DIMMS in slot A2 & B2 on mobo
    Samsung 850 EVO in m.2 250GB capacity
    WD Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM HDD
    Razer Chroma Widowmaker Keyboard, Firefly Mousepad, LG G502 Mouse
    144hz ACER monitor - no second monitors

PC has a fresh install of Win 10 onto m.2 850 EVO 250gb w. the necessary pc launchers Steam, Battle.net, Origin, Discord, Firefox, page file at 12GB, no extensive bloatware. The cooler was cleaned today of all dust disrupting air flow. Normal PC operation shows no error or problem, AIDA64 FPU test stressed CPU @ 100% for 2hrs w. an average temp of 45-50 deg C. No definitive overheating problem. Crashes appear when playing any game, League of Legends, Rust, Modern Warfare Warzone & Multiplayer. These crashes just stop the game, no blue screen, freezes screen, loops audio. Seems to be very consistent after about ~10-15m of play time. Have not been able to play a whole game of Warzone or 2 full games of multiplayer on COD MW, crashes 15min into LoL games. I have adjusted all settings in these games to lowest settings to no change.

AIDA64 FPU test for 2hr shows stable at ~44-48 deg C

USERBENCHMARK.COM results link: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25876355

Speccy snapshot link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/qInjEEmQF5g0vWjcJVJtE6w

Drivers like chipset, sata controller, lan, have been updated

attempted gaming w. audio driver disabled in device manager and in bios - still crashes

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_9laMz0YyZh1l99UF-Jj2XLPqphjkyBa link for minidump of most recent crash during userbenchmark test

Please advise what I can test and provide results or what further info may be needed. Thank you so much for your time to read my post.

:)

barackoganja, Mar 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 26, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 26, 2020
  4. [Crashes] PC freezes/crashes w. looping audio/bsod while on games

Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

[Crashes] PC freezes/crashes w. looping audio/bsod while on games

1. [Crashes] PC freezes/crashes w. looping audio/bsod while on games - Similar Threads - Crashes freezes crashes

2. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: so i can play valorant no problem game never crashes no audio cut outs or anything, but any other game maybe because they are more gpu intensive like fortnite, apex cod etc they all eventually cut out with audio freeze and crash. I'm not sure if it has to do with the software...
  3. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: so i can play valorant no problem game never crashes no audio cut outs or anything, but any other game maybe because they are more gpu intensive like fortnite, apex cod etc they all eventually cut out with audio freeze and crash. I'm not sure if it has to do with the software...
  4. PC crashing BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing BSOD while gaming: I've been trying to figure this issue out for days not and I'm at my wits end. I'll be gaming anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours before a BSOD crash WHEA error.A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError...
  5. PC crashing BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing BSOD while gaming: I've been trying to figure this issue out for days not and I'm at my wits end. I'll be gaming anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours before a BSOD crash WHEA error.A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError...
  6. PC crashing BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio stuttering pc freezing and game crashing: i have been mining for a few days i have no voltage oc it was working fine before today when i came back to my pc it restarted on its own now demanding games aernt loding or when i go into the game it stutters the audio stutters and it crashes sometimes it restarts and...
  8. PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games

PC Crashes and Freezes while playing games: dear, I have got some problems with my pc since 4 months i think. My pc crashes while playing games, freezes so i have to restart my pc or the screens turn beige. I have tried a lot inc. resetting my windows. The crashes happen atleast every day and sometimes 4 times a...
  9. Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming)

Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming): Hi as the title reads I'm experiencing a lot of problems, especially the BSOD's. I have no idea what and how to post files that may help so please provide instructions so I can do that. Some BSOD errors I got today are: - LiveKernelEvent code 1a1 and 141 -...
  10. PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD.: Hello,I posted on another well-known hardware site a couple of months ago, but nobody has been able to assist, so I hope someone here may know better - it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem.I built myself a new PC back in May with a fresh Windows 10 installation, but I...