Windows 10: Crashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected

Discus and support Crashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have recently downloaded and bought the full version of Wondershare Filmora 9 about two days ago. Yesterday the problems began.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PolarBear123_456, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Crashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected

Hello everyone.

I have recently downloaded and bought the full version of Wondershare Filmora 9 about two days ago. Yesterday the problems began. First, I noticed a program named "Program" in the Startup section of Task Manager. Very weird, I looked at CCrashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected :program Files/Common Files but didn't find anything there. What is this?

Crashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected 59f31cca-91ac-4025-8a9d-cec08d2d23be?upload=true.jpg Then, I ran into many errors today. I'm in the Windows Insider Slow Ring on a Surface Pro 2017. I got the green screen with "Ran into a Problem ... Restarting" twice today for the first time since I got this device, I joined Windows Insiders a year ago.

Then I checked in the Windows Security Center. A threat was found today for the first time since two years. It says PUA:Win32/Relevant Knowledge and has a low threat. When I press the action button it starts a quickscan and doesn't find threats. When I do a full scan, the surface freezes and does not wake up from sleep.

Crashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected 88713aff-d88f-4c5b-a8ad-c454be054bd6?upload=true.jpg

Do you guys think I'm infected with malware? What should I do?

Thank you so much!

:)

PolarBear123_456, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Malware Detected on Microsoft.com

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with malwares detected on Microsoft.com and gets an error message: “Google Safe Browsing recently detected malware on account.microsoft.com.
    Websites that are normally safe are sometimes infected with malware. The malicious content comes from 38zu.cn, a known malware distributor” on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to run a full computer scan with the Microsoft Safety Scanner to make sure that the computer is virus free.

Microsoft Safety Scanner, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Crashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected

malware detected

I’m not sure what the “META” alert indicates.
    Let’s see if resolving the malware detection will fix it.

The malware detection may be in a browser. Any new browser extensions that need to be disabled?

Any new programs/apps just installed that might contain adware?

Empty temporary internet files, restart the computer, manually update WD and run a Quick Scan.

Anything new in Startup that needs to be disabled?

If the malware detections continue suggest you try the following free independent scanners:

AdwCleaner: AdwCleaner

Emsisoft Emergency Kit: Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Other scanners that may help are listed at List
    of Malware Removal Tools

AND/OR

See Remove Viruses, Trojans & Malware from Windows (2020 Guide)

Note that you may need to reset your browsers - - -

How To Reset Internet Explorer To Its Default Settings (2019 Guide)

How to reset Chrome settings to default (2020 Guide)

How to reset Firefox settings to default (2020 Guide)

http://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

If the issue continues open Defender, look in All Detected Items and copy the name of the malware and complete file path and tell us about the malware.

You may also want to submit a copy of the file to VirusTotal for analysis:
    https://www.virustotal.com/

Please post back in this thread if the malware issue continues.

Good luck...

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Crashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected

1. Crashes, Scans Failed, Malware Detected - Similar Threads - Crashes Scans Failed

2. Time for a malware scan with Glarysoft Malware Hunter!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Time for a malware scan with Glarysoft Malware Hunter!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UltimateSquidGaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/17ki7es/time_for_a_malware_scan_with_glarysoft_malware/
  3. False malware detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False malware detection: Good evening,My Windows 10 keeps identifying a perfectly legitimate program, Praat, as malware. Praat has been used by linguists and others that desire sonograms of human speech for decades. It is some of the best software available on any platform for acoustic analysis...
  4. False malware detection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    False malware detection: Good evening,My Windows 10 keeps identifying a perfectly legitimate program, Praat, as malware. Praat has been used by linguists and others that desire sonograms of human speech for decades. It is some of the best software available on any platform for acoustic analysis...
  5. False malware detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. free virus and malware scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free virus and malware scans: what are free virus and malware scans that can be downloaded and are legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-virus-and-malware-scans/74132a42-ce4e-4d89-a342-c42804750c66
  7. free virus and malware scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free virus and malware scans: what are free virus and malware scans that can be downloaded and are legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-virus-and-malware-scans/74132a42-ce4e-4d89-a342-c42804750c66
  8. Defender Detects Malware But Fails To Remediate / Remove It

Defender Detects Malware But Fails To Remediate / Remove It: While this is not a new problem, it appears to be affecting more and more of the users, that post in this forum.Defender can repeatedly identify the same malware, over and over again. And the notification in Protection History, includes the ominous message, that the "malware...
  9. Defender detected malware

Defender detected malware: Hi,in my environment the file 7zG.exe got deployed automatically to 100+ devices not manually or not from SCCM- not sure how it got deployed the defender has detected malware in it due to this, we have received 100+ alert generated for the same and still continuing.does this...
  10. Are VHD's malware scanned?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are VHD's malware scanned?: When I mount a .VHD, there does not seem to be any HD activity from a malware scan. If I invoke the scan manually against the VHD, then I see the activity from the scan in Perf Mon. I don't see any log entries that say a scan was done. Are VHD's scanned and how can I verify...