Windows 10: Crashes

Discus and support Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer came with Windows 8 and was updated to Windows 10. At some point it started crashing when browsing. I have tried numerous suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DonnaBaumgartner, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Crashes

My computer came with Windows 8 and was updated to Windows 10. At some point it started crashing when browsing. I have tried numerous suggestions from the windows community but it still crashes regularly. I have heard that the upgraded Windows 10 does this and I should buy Windows 10. Does this sound right? I'm sure millions have been upgraded from Windows 7 and 8. Why hasn't this been fixed?

:)

DonnaBaumgartner, Mar 3, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 3, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Crashes

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Crashes

1. Crashes - Similar Threads - Crashes

2. My computer keeps crashing and giving me black screens with some .exe errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps crashing and giving me black screens with some .exe errors: My computer keeps crashing whenever it wants to and has been doing so for the past two weeks. It keeps giving me weird crash screens sometimes I would see core.exe, teams.exe, and more errors of websites that crash with .exe error. Other times it just gives me a black screen...
  3. Unexplained freezing, display turning off and on and eventual full PC crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexplained freezing, display turning off and on and eventual full PC crash: Hello, I am here because I am not very experienced with troubleshooting crashes/BSoD etc.. and I was wondering if someone could please advise me on what to do to fix this. My PC is only 1.5 years old, all parts brand new except for the PSU which was second hand like new...
  4. PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after closing a game or alt tabbing: Whenever I finish closing a game or alt tabbing out of a game after playing for a while, the pc will go black and audio will still come through but the pc will be unresponsive. I have already tried reinstalling the gpu drivers and installing the latest bios that I could. I...
  5. File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer will just closer or crash randomly.: Company wide we have and issue with File Explorer closing down. I haven't been able to find what the cause is. There is nothing in the problems report. It may be a network problem as many reports it is in our network drives. Although I believe it could be upstream...
  6. Constant game crashes and screen flickering relation to display driver

Constant game crashes and screen flickering relation to display driver: I've been having an issue the past couple of week where I get errors relating to graphics card/drivers that have made playing impossible. These crashes occur between 5 minutes to few hours of gameplay. Have had screen flickers with event viewer error on desktop while only...
  7. New-ish PC having BSOD and hard-reset crashes

New-ish PC having BSOD and hard-reset crashes: Less than 3 months old PC started crashing in the past 2-3 days. more so today than anything else. I have a MEMORY.DMP file as a result of the crashes, and my limited knowledge of what I'm looking at leads me to believe it is a driver issue. But I can't be certain, I need...
  8. Fresh Windows Install, Games Crash to Desktop

Fresh Windows Install, Games Crash to Desktop: Did a full drive wipe and windows 10 ISO file install of windows v10.0.190402 Build 19042. Having issues with games crashing to desktop as soon as they launch with no error codes. PC specs: AMD Vega 64 Driver version 20.12.1 Ryzen 5 3600 MSI b450 Tomahawk most recent...
  9. CS:GO crashes my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CS:GO crashes my PC: Hello, always when i start playing CS:GO my PC randomly crashes after a few minutes. I dont know what to do, I tried so many things. I tested the RAM, I set up windows again, I installed ALL latest drivers even BIOs, I reinstalled steam, CS:GO and all files includet. Its...
  10. Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers

Nvidia Error & Crash when updating drivers: Hey there everyone! I was recently installing new drivers for my 1050ti, and my laptop keeps crashing to the blue screen, then I get a NVIDIA Web Helper error Bad Image, saying that nvapi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or contains an error. Try installing the...