Windows 10: Crashes

Discus and support Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer came with Windows 8 and was updated to Windows 10. At some point it started crashing when browsing. I have tried numerous suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DonnaBaumgartner, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Crashes

My computer came with Windows 8 and was updated to Windows 10. At some point it started crashing when browsing. I have tried numerous suggestions from the windows community but it still crashes regularly. I have heard that the upgraded Windows 10 does this and I should buy Windows 10. Does this sound right? I'm sure millions have been upgraded from Windows 7 and 8. Why hasn't this been fixed?

:)

DonnaBaumgartner, Mar 3, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 3, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Crashes

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Crashes

1. Crashes - Similar Threads - Crashes

2. My Apps kept on crashing, and unfixable Corrupted windows file.. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Apps kept on crashing, and unfixable Corrupted windows file.. PLEASE HELP: so this past few weeks my PC kept on Crashing or BSOD on random occasion, usually when im Gaming and using Google Chrome. i started noticing this issue after a failed attempt to install Windows 10 new update the cumulative update of windows 10 20H2 Version. i tried to...
  3. Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to Wifi device on PC crashes windows 10.: Hi Team! I just received my new custom built pc today. When I try to connect to wifi the pc freezes the restarts. I tried automatically updating the driver but it said it has the latest update already and still crashes the PC. I disabled the device via device manager,...
  4. Computer was updating then crashed and stuck on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer was updating then crashed and stuck on reboot: My computer was doing a major update while I was gone for 2 hours and only loaded 9% then another hour passed and it died. I tried to turn it back on but backup began on its loop which never resolved So I tried windows r To enter safe mode To Download windows rebooter...
  5. Computer Crash/Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crash/Restart: Ok, so this has been an ongoing issue for months. My PC will do a hard crash and restart at seemingly random times. I have upgraded RAM, PSU, and CPU Cooler. I have done a fresh windows install on a different drive. I don't know what else to try other than replacing more...
  6. Pixbim photo program crashes

Pixbim photo program crashes: On windows 10 for desktop, I load up Pixbim and it immediately closes when i try to load a photo. Pixbim cannot help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pixbim-photo-program-crashes/b007d399-348a-46c9-83e9-77e47723584a
  7. Win 10 crashing, event ID 1001, the computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.

Win 10 crashing, event ID 1001, the computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.: My computer is experiencing a crash roughly once a day, I haven't seen any BSOD yet as I'm not always on it but I'll come to it and see it's on the login page, having rebooted. I've looked in event viewing and normally it shows event id: 6008, 41, 7023, 10, and 1001. My...
  8. FS2020 CRASHES TO DESKTOP - HRESULT: 0xC000014b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FS2020 CRASHES TO DESKTOP - HRESULT: 0xC000014b: Hi all, Any help with this would be great. I notice that fs2020 crashes to desktop and I get the following message from .NET FRAMEWORK - HRESULT: 0xC000014b Anyone know what this is or how to resolve? Thanks...
  9. Rise of the Tomb Raider crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rise of the Tomb Raider crashing on startup: Brother got rise of the tomb raider from the microsoft store and every time he starts it it'll pop up the start screen and then crash and open up a microsoft edge support edge prompting him to put in his email. the page gives no reason for the error or any info at all and he...
  10. Computer consistently keeps crashing, not sure where to go from here

Computer consistently keeps crashing, not sure where to go from here: Hello, I'd like to ask for some help with my laptop consistently crashing with BSODs for a week or so now after being unable to solve the problem on my own. Things I have done: - uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers - ran driver updater software in an attempt to...