Windows 10: Crashes

Discus and support Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer came with Windows 8 and was updated to Windows 10. At some point it started crashing when browsing. I have tried numerous suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DonnaBaumgartner, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Crashes

My computer came with Windows 8 and was updated to Windows 10. At some point it started crashing when browsing. I have tried numerous suggestions from the windows community but it still crashes regularly. I have heard that the upgraded Windows 10 does this and I should buy Windows 10. Does this sound right? I'm sure millions have been upgraded from Windows 7 and 8. Why hasn't this been fixed?

:)

DonnaBaumgartner, Mar 3, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 3, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Crashes

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Crashes

1. Crashes - Similar Threads - Crashes

2. Computer crashing every 5 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashing every 5 hours.: So, I'm having this issue where my computer crashes every 4/5 hours on my Windows 10 computer, and it's starting to get annoying. I had this issue since 2020, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could fix it. I tried almost everything, and it will still do it. I tried to...
  3. Blue screen crash during windows 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen crash during windows 10 reinstall: I was getting the blue screen of death too often so I decided to wipe the hard drive and do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. When the reinstall reached 64%, the blue screen crash appeared forcing windows to try and restart. Unfortunately since the reinstall wasn't a 100%...
  4. My computer keeps crashing and giving me weird errors on login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps crashing and giving me weird errors on login: My computer keeps crashing whenever it wants to and has been doing so for the past two weeks. It keeps giving me weird crash screens sometimes I would see core.exe, teams.exe, and more errors of websites that crash with .exe error. Another crash variant that I've encountered...
  5. My windows store can't open and keep crashing on windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My windows store can't open and keep crashing on windows 10: Hi, how to fix the windows store crashing? I had run wsreset.exe already but it still not working. My Windows store and other windows apps' app data suddenly became 16 kb only. Even I had reset all my windows pc already but still not working. After resetting all my windows pc...
  6. BSOD and system crashes/ freezes during gaming

BSOD and system crashes/ freezes during gaming: Hello, I need someone's help! I have been attempting to troubleshoot my PC for a while. It has been crashing a lot when it comes to playing video games. After checking the reliability history, the issue mostly seems to be livekernelevent code: 141. I dug deeper and decided...
  7. Windows crashes and Bluescreen errors

Windows crashes and Bluescreen errors: Recently I replaced my motherboard due to a faulty screen connector failure, after the replacement I started getting blue screen errors and sometimes windows crashes and I have to manually restart my laptop, I did all the driver updated on my gpu and windows etc... I ran...
  8. Asortment of apps crash a random amount of time after startup usually a few seconds

Asortment of apps crash a random amount of time after startup usually a few seconds: A few of my apps like AutoCAD, Microsoft edge, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Word are crashing soon after startup. its mostly exclusive to these apps and a few others. Ive tried using different commands in CMD and resetting and hard resetting holding power button, even turning...
  9. Everything Crashes Except For Few Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Everything Crashes Except For Few Apps: Hey, is there anyone who could help me figure out why this happens randomly to me? I never had this problem before but until recent I got it after downloading dead rising 3 on steam. I managed to get help from a random person in discord but the fix was very weird. He asked if...
  10. BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Crashes: I've been getting BSOD crashes lately with the stop code thread stuck in the device driver.I've tried updating the bios and graphic card drivers. When I use the GPU for intensive tasks it doesn't do much but if it is idle it causes the BSOD i had posted this a while back but...