Windows 10: Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly?

Discus and support Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Quick specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x RAM:16GB Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 1TB harddrive Running windows 10 Mobo: asustek prime b450m-a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RingedWombat, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly?

Quick specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

RAM:16GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

1TB harddrive

Running windows 10

Mobo: asustek prime b450m-a

So like the title says I’ve been getting constant weird crashes and freezes on a comp that’s about a year old. I contacted tech support for my computers manufacturer but my warranty was expired by three days so it didn’t go anywhere. Just a basic memtest (all fine).

The errors I get most often are dpc_watchdog_violation and clock_watchdog_timeout. I updated any driver that would let me but that didn’t seem to solve my issue.

Usually what causes it is just doing too much. Like having two videos open. Or having a video playing via chrome and using another browser at the same time. Just anything where the computer has to think too much it freezes (usually any audio I have on stutters horribly) and blue screens.

submitted by /u/RingedWombat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RingedWombat, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Becky_au Win User

Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far !!!!

Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far and rebooting my system to the point it is unusable! I have sone a reset and still have the same problem this computer was fine till about a week ago so how do i turn watchdog off
    as it is useless like this?

Becky_au, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    New CPU cooler for Ryzen questions and suggestions

Your Ryzen 7 1700X should be close to 4.0GHz anyway, so overclocking is pointless.
    If the computer freezes then there should be an error listed in the crash logs, most likely a clock watchdog timeout, changing the cooler won't fix it.
    I'd suggest leaving the CPU stock and clocking your Ram up a bit.

Caring1, Oct 25, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly?

DPC Watchdog Error

Hi,

DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. It's occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility
    issues, or system files are corrupted. To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so
      far?

AndreePin, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly?

1. Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly? - Similar Threads - Crashing getting Watchdog

2. BSOD constant crashes, DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD constant crashes, DPC watchdog violation: Hello, I am attempting to fix my computer, it has been running great, up until a few months ago when BSOD/watchdog violation issues started occurring. At times, the system runs and stays on for a few days, other times, it boots up and then crashes a few minutes later. I have...
  3. BSOD constant crashes, DPC watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD constant crashes, DPC watchdog violation: Hello, I am attempting to fix my computer, it has been running great, up until a few months ago when BSOD/watchdog violation issues started occurring. At times, the system runs and stays on for a few days, other times, it boots up and then crashes a few minutes later. I have...
  4. Constant Ntoskrnl.exe Crashes, Getting Worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Ntoskrnl.exe Crashes, Getting Worse: My Win 10 PC from 2018 is crashing about every five minutes now---gotten progressively worse since July. I get the following error: Kernel Security Check Failure. Blue Screen View indicates it is related to ntoskml.exe but also a couple Registry_Errors and a few System Thread...
  5. I constantly get crashed in dead by daylight with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE as the error

I constantly get crashed in dead by daylight with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE as the error: I do not know what any of this means but I put the minidump file into windbg and it gave me this******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  6. I constantly get crashed in dead by daylight with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE as the error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I constantly get crashed in dead by daylight with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE as the error: I do not know what any of this means but I put the minidump file into windbg and it gave me this******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  7. I constantly get crashed in dead by daylight with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE as the error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BSoD Watchdog Violation, Constant

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSoD Watchdog Violation, Constant: I upgraded my PC's CPU and MOBO, and after installing and everything I keep getting BSoD with Watchdog Violation. Please help :I keep getting them at random, after a few hours of use, out of the blue, everything stops, no sound and then BSoD :System Specifications:CPU : Intel...
  9. Constant crashing and Bluescreen errors...

Constant crashing and Bluescreen errors...: Hello everyone, I´ve had five bluescreen errors since 20/11/2020. They keep happening when gaming, no matter which game. Before I played RDR2 and except some early crashes of the game I didn´t get an error. But now, since starting AC: Valhalla I keep getting the error and...
  10. Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far !!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far !!!!: Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far and rebooting my system to the point it is unusable! I have sone a reset and still have the same problem this computer was fine till about a week ago so how do i turn watchdog off as it is useless like...