Windows 10: Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly?

Discus and support Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Quick specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x RAM:16GB Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 1TB harddrive Running windows 10 Mobo: asustek prime b450m-a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RingedWombat, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly?

Quick specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

RAM:16GB

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

1TB harddrive

Running windows 10

Mobo: asustek prime b450m-a

So like the title says I’ve been getting constant weird crashes and freezes on a comp that’s about a year old. I contacted tech support for my computers manufacturer but my warranty was expired by three days so it didn’t go anywhere. Just a basic memtest (all fine).

The errors I get most often are dpc_watchdog_violation and clock_watchdog_timeout. I updated any driver that would let me but that didn’t seem to solve my issue.

Usually what causes it is just doing too much. Like having two videos open. Or having a video playing via chrome and using another browser at the same time. Just anything where the computer has to think too much it freezes (usually any audio I have on stutters horribly) and blue screens.

submitted by /u/RingedWombat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RingedWombat, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Becky_au Win User

Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far !!!!

Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far and rebooting my system to the point it is unusable! I have sone a reset and still have the same problem this computer was fine till about a week ago so how do i turn watchdog off
    as it is useless like this?

Becky_au, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Caring1 Win User
    New CPU cooler for Ryzen questions and suggestions

Your Ryzen 7 1700X should be close to 4.0GHz anyway, so overclocking is pointless.
    If the computer freezes then there should be an error listed in the crash logs, most likely a clock watchdog timeout, changing the cooler won't fix it.
    I'd suggest leaving the CPU stock and clocking your Ram up a bit.

Caring1, Oct 25, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly?

DPC Watchdog Error

Hi,

DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. It's occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility
    issues, or system files are corrupted. To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so
      far?

AndreePin, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly?

1. Crashing and getting a Watchdog error constantly? - Similar Threads - Crashing getting Watchdog

2. Constant BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD with DPC Watchdog Violation: Hi, I have been having constant BSOD when playing intensive video games or just randomly. I replaced my RAM about a month ago and for about 6-8 months before that I would have random BSOD's like irql_not_less_or_equal or FAULTY HARDWARE CORRUPTED PAGE which was more...
  3. constant BSODs with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATIONS

constant BSODs with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATIONS: For over a year I have been having constant BSoD. I installed M.2 SSD as a boot drive and an additional SSD for data. I have gone through the various steps to identify and correct the problem but to no avail. Eventually, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from scratch. The...
  4. Constant Crashing

Constant Crashing: Computer is constantly crashing for reasons unknown to me. Minidump https://www.mediafire.com/file/14gqi5t70c4cf81/071620-31203-01.dmp/file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-crashing/dc90a2bf-ab54-4c02-a5b8-87b5c5dcdebf
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation constant BSoDs on boot. Please look at my crash dumps.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC Watchdog Violation constant BSoDs on boot. Please look at my crash dumps.: So I've been experiencing constant Blue Screens recently. It has felt like a trait of this machine that whenever I hook up the computer to another screen with DisplayPort it starts to BSoD a couple of times until it chills and starts working. Only recently these errors have...
  6. Constant crashing

Constant crashing: I don't know if this is the right place, but my computer crashed a lot. I always get sent to a bsod with usually the memory_management stop code. Sometimes I get page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Sometimes I get something else entirely. I've done a lot of googling and found that...
  7. Constant Crashing

Constant Crashing: I am ... somewhat... new to Windows 10. About 3 months ago I bought a new motherboard, processor, system SSD, and RAM (basically, a whole new PC). Since I couldn't find my license key for the Win 7 install on my old machine, and couldn't buy a new Win 7 license, I was forced...
  8. Having constant crashes do to kernel errors?

Having constant crashes do to kernel errors?: Getting very frustrated, keep getting crashes, have tried all kinds of things with my memory, software changes etc. My build is ryzen 7 3700, gtx 2070 super, 16gb Corsair ram 3200, os on 250gb SSD, plus 2 hdds 1 tb each. This is a new build and ive spent quite alot on it and...
  9. Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far !!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far !!!!: Watchdog is constantly getting some error any of ten different ones so far and rebooting my system to the point it is unusable! I have sone a reset and still have the same problem this computer was fine till about a week ago so how do i turn watchdog off as it is useless like...
  10. Constantly getting bsod with random errors

Constantly getting bsod with random errors: Hi all, I've a problem with bsod. Sometimes I get a bsod with random errors.. Usually it happens when I play games, like warframe or RE2, but I also got bsod while I only had discord and chrome open. Also have some strange problems with random crash, sometimes my browser...