Windows 10: Crashing and Hang at Bios Screen

Discus and support Crashing and Hang at Bios Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have constant issues with the PC 'not responding' which forces me to use the hard reset power button. However, when I do this, it hangs at the BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jdp13, May 15, 2019 at 8:42 AM.

1. jdp13 Win User

Crashing and Hang at Bios Screen

I have constant issues with the PC 'not responding' which forces me to use the hard reset power button.

However, when I do this, it hangs at the BIOS for 15 minutes until I hear a click (similar to when hard drive wakes up) and then boots normally. The BIOS screen does not have the F number options like normal - just see the Asrocklogo (mobo is Asrock B350 pro).

Does anyone know how I can avoid this 15 minute delay? During that time the hard drive light blinks lazily (I have multiple hard drives).

I get this even when I do a clean install of Windows so is this likely to be hardware faults? RAM is clean so maybe the hard drive?

Thanks

:)

2. HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

Thema:

1. Crashing and Hang at Bios Screen - Similar Threads - Crashing Hang Bios

2. hanging or crashing apps not completed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hanging or crashing apps not completed: as it says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hanging-or-crashing-apps-not-completed/ab339a7b-a947-4076-9c5e-cad8f43fe4a6"
  3. Application Hang and Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Hang and Crash: I'm having trouble having a desktop run Sims 4. Security and Maintenance gives it an Exception Code of 8000003 and doesn't seem to be hardware related as it surpasses the minimum stats of a 2.0 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM with more than 10 GB open drive space using known...
  4. Hanging or Crashing Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hanging or Crashing Apps: When I started the troubleshooting program for Microsoft store, the troubleshoot came up with the problem of not being able to fix hanging or crashing apps. I have looked at other inquiries about hanging and crashing apps. All of them said that there needs to be a clean...
  5. Windows 10 Crashes Into BIOS

Windows 10 Crashes Into BIOS: Built my system roughly two weeks ago. Since then, at least 6 different times, I will come back into the room to see it sitting on the BIOS screen. I can move the mouse around and exit, but end up having to hard reboot and after that it boots fine. Nothing is overclocked, all...
  6. hanging or crashing apps

hanging or crashing apps: what can I do to repair hanging or crashing apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/hanging-or-crashing-apps/9f4dfd04-bc42-4e79-857f-f65cc4364a04
  7. Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash: I'm at the end of the rope on trying to solve this problem. I am using a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and two internal drives, 500GB each. I have 408 GB of free space on the OS drive, which is Drive C. I am running a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64....
  8. : ) Splash screen hang :)

in Windows 10 Support
    : ) Splash screen hang :): When a computer boots up , the first thing seen would be the splash screen and after which it goes to windows. Mine , however , hangs at the splash screen. What i have so far: A bootable flashdrive with windows 10 installation, 1 x 250GB samsung ssd and 1 x...
  9. No bios screen at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    No bios screen at boot: After re-installtion issues with an old standby (Clipmate) to correct an issue with Clipmate...I decided just to revert back to a previous Acronis complete system image tib from a few days previous to the Clipmate change. However...I can not get passed the blinking cursor...
  10. Screen Hang up

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Hang up: I use msn.com as my home page with a fav's bar. The past few days when I move from msn to a fav and after 5 min try to return to msn my screen freezes, something like it times out. How can I correct this ????? Thanks 66159