Windows 10: Crashing and memory issues with PC that is only 6 months old

Discus and support Crashing and memory issues with PC that is only 6 months old in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there,I've been having crashing and memory issues over the past month or so with my computer that is only over 6 months old. I've attached a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BLyons84, Apr 24, 2021.

1. BLyons84 Win User

Crashing and memory issues with PC that is only 6 months old

Hi there,I've been having crashing and memory issues over the past month or so with my computer that is only over 6 months old. I've attached a few screenshots here of the kinds of pop up messages that I get when using certain applications: https://ibb.co/4SRTWWMWhen I first had gotten the computer I experienced no issues with running a crazy amount of tabs in Google Chrome or having multiple applications running at the same time. However over the last couple of months I get these weird pop up messages when using certain applications every now and again and randomly Chrome will freeze and

:)

BLyons84, Apr 24, 2021

2. Chrome & Edge Tab Crashing (Memory Issues)

I am regular user of Chrome although I also use Edge too

For months, I was seeing Chrome tabs crash, and I did not even have as much as a half dozen open. Edge tabs would also crash when I occasionally used that browser.

I thought it was related to a dying HDD, so I replaced storage with a SSD (first time for this storage type for nearly 8-year old laptop)

And I am still seeing the crashing of Chrome tabs

Here's what's been done
    • Chrome troubleshooting suggested pulling out extensions, not that I had very many anyway. The only extensions I have in now are Google's own: Application Launcher for Google Drive, Web Developer, and LastPass password manager. And extensions would not be an issue causing the tab crashes in Edge either.
    • windows memory diagnostic: no errors results in Event Viewer
    • sfc /scannow : no integrity violations found
    • drivers: video adapter was the only recently needed update, which corrected major problems when SSD installed; all other drivers current
    • Often, closing the browser and restarting it makes it work for a while, and then the symptoms appear again (memory leaking? no, couldn't be: we don't live in the mid-1990s using Windows 9x)

Another thing I have noticed: windows of all kinds, but sometimes just the tabs on the browser, can be unresponsive to mouse cursor clicking to bring window in focus. When I open the Task Manager, the ability of the mouse cursor to activate/focus windows/tabs is completely restored. I haven't figured that out yet, and it might be related to the browser memory issues.

It is an 8-year old laptop, but I have no indication that hardware is failing in any respect but the usual end of life on HDDs I have used in past.

Win 10-1909 (build 18363.657)

mavigozler, Apr 24, 2021
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 24, 2021
  4. Crashing and memory issues with PC that is only 6 months old

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Apr 24, 2021
Thema:

Crashing and memory issues with PC that is only 6 months old

1. Crashing and memory issues with PC that is only 6 months old - Similar Threads - Crashing memory issues

2. 1 MONTH OLD PC KEEPS CRASHING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 MONTH OLD PC KEEPS CRASHING: hey, my pc is a month old and it continuously crashes when trying to game, I've rolled back drivers, installed new ones, factory reset many times, cleared the cache tried to update direct x, but I looked into the event viewer and found the error logs if I send them could you...
  3. 1 MONTH OLD PC KEEPS CRASHING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 MONTH OLD PC KEEPS CRASHING: hey, my pc is a month old and it continuously crashes when trying to game, I've rolled back drivers, installed new ones, factory reset many times, cleared the cache tried to update direct x, but I looked into the event viewer and found the error logs if I send them could you...
  4. A month old pc and games are crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A month old pc and games are crashing: I've only had this issue for like 1-2 weeks and I'm not quite sure the reason behind it.It can be pretty severe sometimes like when I play days gone and valheim on steam it crashes 0-10 minutes after loading up but it can also be an occasional crash every few hours on...
  5. A month old pc and games are crashing

A month old pc and games are crashing: I've only had this issue for like 1-2 weeks and I'm not quite sure the reason behind it.It can be pretty severe sometimes like when I play days gone and valheim on steam it crashes 0-10 minutes after loading up but it can also be an occasional crash every few hours on...
  6. PC been crashing for 6 months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC been crashing for 6 months.: Hi,My PC has been crashing for various months now with different reasons, I've been on the community for a bit around 3 times, and have tried three solutions, and while working for a bit eventually crashing. It has reached a point now where It can crash multiple times a day....
  7. PC been crashing for 6 months.

PC been crashing for 6 months.: Hi,My PC has been crashing for various months now with different reasons, I've been on the community for a bit around 3 times, and have tried three solutions, and while working for a bit eventually crashing. It has reached a point now where It can crash multiple times a day....
  8. PC been crashing for 6 months.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.

PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.: Operating System Windows 11GPU 1070ti 8gb VramCPU Intel i7 8700Motherboard Gigabyte B360M DS3Hi fully formatted my Nvme and installed win 11 in case that it would solve the problem but nothing changed.my current problem is that whenever i try to play genshin impact or dota 2,...
  10. PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC have been crashing into BSoD for the past 6 months.: Operating System Windows 11GPU 1070ti 8gb VramCPU Intel i7 8700Motherboard Gigabyte B360M DS3Hi fully formatted my Nvme and installed win 11 in case that it would solve the problem but nothing changed.my current problem is that whenever i try to play genshin impact or dota 2,...