Windows 10: Crashing/freezing/hanging without a BSOD

Discus and support Crashing/freezing/hanging without a BSOD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, I was playing Valorant when I alt-tabbed to discord and my computer just froze. This has happened multiple times in the past, I'd say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hrinn, Aug 26, 2020.

1. /u/Hrinn Win User

Crashing/freezing/hanging without a BSOD

Crashing/freezing/hanging without a BSOD GnYmtzy6Ft0vvGJT1tkNZ9s4fgE9E9Cy4ZX2-n07FuI.jpg

Hi, I was playing Valorant when I alt-tabbed to discord and my computer just froze. This has happened multiple times in the past, I'd say this is the fourth time this past 3 months. I can't point out what exactly triggers it but it has NEVER happened when I'm in game. Here are the windows Event Viewer log if that helps:

https://preview.redd.it/s9gas6nqgfj...bp&s=7d7ca70c4bff9d4d707147fe0727f4677c89346a

Also, I'd gladly provide additional info if you guys need it! Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Hrinn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hrinn, Aug 26, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 26, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Crashing/freezing/hanging without a BSOD

HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

xstayxtruex, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Crashing/freezing/hanging without a BSOD

1. Crashing/freezing/hanging without a BSOD - Similar Threads - Crashing freezing hanging

2. Laptop Freezes/crashes without BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes/crashes without BSOD: Since 2 days ago the laptop freezes/crashes without a bsod, it usually happens when i let it rest like 15 minutes after doing an intensive task as gaming so it's not overheatingI Have a rtx 3060 and and i7.Did ram memory tests on windows tool and didnt detect problemsDid ssd...
  3. Laptop Freezes/crashes without BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Freezes/crashes without BSOD: Since 2 days ago the laptop freezes/crashes without a bsod, it usually happens when i let it rest like 15 minutes after doing an intensive task as gaming so it's not overheatingI Have a rtx 3060 and and i7.Did ram memory tests on windows tool and didnt detect problemsDid ssd...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD and hanging / freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD and hanging / freezing: My laptop freezes on me at times, and will also show a blue screen error message some other times. These problems started happening a couple of months ago, but are now happening more frequently. Each time my laptop freezes, I am unable to do anything. Key strokes and mouse...
  5. freezing/crashing with and without bluescreen

freezing/crashing with and without bluescreen: Hello, I have been experiencing some Problems today. Firstly I got a freeze in the middle of playing a game with a bluescreen after that. The bluescreen showed "Machine Check Exception". After that windows tried to restart but got stuck displaying "preparing automatic...
  6. BSOD and crashes/freezes

BSOD and crashes/freezes: Hey Forum, I need some help with my new PC. I bought it just before Chrismas and spend a lot on it but have been plagued with BSODs and game crashes/freezes since I got it. Any help would be appreciated. I have updated all drivers and ran the RAM corruption tool. Here are...
  7. BSOD Crashes, Screen Freezing, and Crashing without BSOD. What can I do.

BSOD Crashes, Screen Freezing, and Crashing without BSOD. What can I do.: So for the past week I have been trying to figure out what's wrong with my system, and after a week of trying I gave up and have no idea what to do. I had a once in a blue moon BSOD before this and overlooked it, along with my game (Fortnite) Crashing at random. The BSOD...
  8. BSOD Crashes, Screen Freezing, and Crashing without BSOD. What can I do.

BSOD Crashes, Screen Freezing, and Crashing without BSOD. What can I do.: So for the past week I have been trying to figure out what's wrong with my system, and after a week of trying I gave up and have no idea what to do. I had a once in a blue moon BSOD before this and overlooked it, along with my game (Fortnite) Crashing at random. The BSOD...
  9. Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Hang, Freeze And Crash: I'm at the end of the rope on trying to solve this problem. I am using a Dell XPS-17 L702X laptop with 8GB of DDR3 RAM and two internal drives, 500GB each. I have 408 GB of free space on the OS drive, which is Drive C. I am running a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64....
  10. Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD)

Random Freeze/Hang (NO BSOD): This freeze/hang has been going on randomly for months (I believe setting in after the Fall Creators Update; I'd deferred that one but it forced itself through 1/13/2018). Keyboard and mouse stop functioning, and music stops playing too. I can only get it back up and...