Windows 10: Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10

Discus and support Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After fall 2018 update for Windows 10 Chrome keeps crashing? Why do I need to go back to windows 8.1 it worked much better? ***Modified title from:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scott Gemperline, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10

After fall 2018 update for Windows 10 Chrome keeps crashing? Why do I need to go back to windows 8.1 it worked much better?

***Modified title from: why after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 and now Google chrome keeps crashing??***

:)

Scott Gemperline, Nov 19, 2018

2. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 19, 2018
  3. DanC_526 Win User
    Google Chrome Broken after April 2018 and May 2018 Win 10 Release

Hi-

I updated my Win 10 to the April 2018 release and Google Chrome broke with this release. Several articles on the internet confirmed this. Then, the May 2018 release was supposed to fix something with Chrome, but it has not with mine.

Chrome is very unstable. It will work for a few sites then eventually not be able to reach a site, saying there is no connection. I did everything the Chrome board suggested and only brought back some stability but I still have the issue.

The May 2018 notes say it fixed a Chrome crashing issue. My Chrome doesn't "crash", it just stop working/connecting to pages.

Anyone at MS know about this?

Dan

PS: Edge works fine.

DanC_526, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10

1. Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Crashing Google Chrome

2. google chrome is crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome is crashing: Hey good morning everyone,I am Aniruddh here, what happens here is, whenever I open a tab on chrome, there are some points on the page which will make chrome non-functional. I have attached a pic of the normal tab and the tab that appears after the problem. and after this...
  3. google chrome is crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome is crashing: Hey good morning everyone,I am Aniruddh here, what happens here is, whenever I open a tab on chrome, there are some points on the page which will make chrome non-functional. I have attached a pic of the normal tab and the tab that appears after the problem. and after this...
  4. GOOGLE CHROME DISAPPEARD AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GOOGLE CHROME DISAPPEARD AFTER UPDATE: Microsoft did an update on 3/17/2021, after it was completed all my Google Chrome was GONE, email, favorites, apps, start menu. I had to reinstall Microsoft 365, I still have programs missing. I had to rebuild my start menu. Very, Very angry over this, WTH!!!!!! Cindy Shaw...
  5. Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10: Upon opening the Google Chrome Browser, the browser kept crashing after 5 seconds the window closed. The only way to fix it was to delete the google folder from the appdata, local folder, under IT guidance. Is this a Microsoft Operating System problem or a Google Chrome...
  6. Google chrome crash

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google chrome crash: Hi, I would like to ask about something. I had google chrome crashed on my old windows version, so after downloading the new windows version, if I transferred the old APP data files of the old google chrome to the new windows, might that cause the google chrome to crash...
  7. Google chrome crashes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google chrome crashes: Hi, I've had my pc for a year now and the start of this year my Internet is always crashing whenever I open Google or the Internet explorer for a few minutes or even when I open a new website after it's crashed previously. I checked the performance of the Internets...
  8. Problem with Google Chrome after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Google Chrome after Windows update: I‘ve updated my laptop to Windows 10 latest version and Google Chrome that I used before broke down. I cannot open any websites. I know that this problem is not due to the internet connection, it is fine....
  9. why after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 and now Google chrome keeps crashing??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 and now Google chrome keeps crashing??: After fall 2018 update for Windows 10 Chrome keeps crashing? Why do I need to go back to windows 8.1 it worked much better? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-fall-update-2018-for-windows-10-and-now/a6f8b1db-40f3-4044-be81-0c78564210f0
  10. windows 10 crashes google chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 crashes google chrome: Help to fix this problem please, please note I have dementia so I am a bit slow. Ta https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-10-crashes-google-chrome/beb31a2a-bdba-4edc-acfc-0415028e8e49

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google chrome crashes after update

2. google chrome keeps crashing windows 10 2018

3. google chrome crashing windows 10 2018