Windows 10: Crashing keyboard and touchpad after the latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Crashing keyboard and touchpad after the latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have updated Windows 10 Pro with it’s latest update (1903), and all other software is up to date. But, since the update, I have noticed sudden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bongo_707, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Bongo_707 Win User

Crashing keyboard and touchpad after the latest Windows 10 update

I have updated Windows 10 Pro with it’s latest update (1903), and all other software is up to date.

But, since the update, I have noticed sudden failure of my touchpad in my Dell Precision M4800, followed by the complete failure of its keyboard.

Keystrokes are causing apps to minimize, close or open, etc etc.

Touchpad doesn’t work at all.

Please note that: all software is legal, all updates are being installed, and all drivers have been updated.

so far, the only temporary solution is reseting the laptop, which excludes hardware failure.

:)

Bongo_707, Nov 30, 2019

2. Unable to turn off and on touchpad after the latest update on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing turning off touchpad on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• what is the make and model of your device?
    • Which was the latest update installed on your device?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Vaio 7 Win User
    Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10

After updating from b. 10240 to 10586.3 ( W 10 x64), Windows installed an older version of Synaptics 19.0.15.2, before I had 19.0.19.1.
    Also now, in Device Manager, it's listed under PS/2 Port touchpad, before it was SmBus.
    Windows Update does no longer provide 19.0.19.1 driver, Why??
    What are the recommended steps to get installed manually the latest Synaptics driver because with the currently installed driver, mouse scrolling does not work for Start menu - All apps, with 19.0.19.1 it used to work.
    Also what is the name of the x64 .inf to use for update synSmbDrv.inf or SynPD.inf??
    Thank you.

Vaio 7, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Crashing keyboard and touchpad after the latest Windows 10 update

Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Crashing keyboard and touchpad after the latest Windows 10 update

1. Crashing keyboard and touchpad after the latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Crashing keyboard touchpad

2. Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update: Just updated Windows 10 and my USB keyboard Logitech K120 is not working. It works fine on another PC. Reverted to a previous version. Didn't solve. Deleted and reinstalled drivers. Didn't solve. Did troubleshoot. Again, didn't solve. Device doesn't work in BIOS as well....
  3. Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update: Just updated Windows 10 and my USB keyboard Logitech K120 is not working. It works fine on another PC. Reverted to a previous version. Didn't solve. Deleted and reinstalled drivers. Didn't solve. Did troubleshoot. Again, didn't solve. Device doesn't work in BIOS as well....
  4. Keyboard not working after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update?

Touchpad and Keyboard not working after windows 10 update?: What does it mean when it says that my keyboard migrated? I have no idea what happened to my keyboard and touchpad. Any help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-and-keyboard-not-working-after-windows-10/ae9d3cb3-995b-4f88-9cde-02cd3b9bd31b
  6. Windows 10 latest update Touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 latest update Touchpad: "Latest windows 10 update removed the "disable touchpad when usb mouse is detected" option from settings. Pls reinstate. Very important to lots of users." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-update-touchpad/0f08cd70-8ce0-47d9-b40b-82879e6fc660
  7. Crashes after latest Windows update?

in Browsers and Email
    Crashes after latest Windows update?: Hello, I have the problem that after the update I have some violent jerks during gambling and even freezes and bluescreens. Can anyone help me? The following appears in Event Display: Critical Kernel Power 41 Abstürze nach neuestem Windows update?
  8. Windows crashed after updating the latest update/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows crashed after updating the latest update/: hi im now writing this from UBUNTU running from usb drive without installing. After last night i installed latest update my pc didnt start. i tried every microosft community answers i faced online. sfc scannow and other things . NO solution / It only saves a text folder...
  9. Inbuilt Keyboard & Mouse Touchpad not working after window 10 latest update

Inbuilt Keyboard & Mouse Touchpad not working after window 10 latest update: Earlier I was the old version of windows 10. Now I have installed the latest version of window 10 to my system. Here are the details: Window details: Window 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build: 18363.592 / 18363.836 Tried both of them i.e. without and after window update...
  10. Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps Crashing after latest Windows 10 Update: Hey Guys, my Little Brother was playing Minecraft last night. After he shut the Pc down the Update was installed. This morning he tried to start it again and the Pc had a blackscreen, after trying again suddenly Chrome Tabs crashed so i tried some things: 1. I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard and touchpad doesnt work after update