Windows 10: Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not?

Discus and support Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; MSI GP72vr 7rf Leopard ProWindows 10/64Nvidia GTX 1060Hello,I've been having GPU driver crashes when in games, specifically high-end games like:The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamKojak, Jul 28, 2021.

1. AdamKojak Win User

Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not?

MSI GP72vr 7rf Leopard ProWindows 10/64Nvidia GTX 1060Hello,I've been having GPU driver crashes when in games, specifically high-end games like:The Witcher 3Dishonored 2Genshin ImpactValorant not high-end but still crashes sometimesI noticed that when I go to ECO Power mode or just unpluging the PSU no crashes happen but of course I get way lower FPS.My QuestionCrashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not? :Does that confirm that the problem is not with the graphics drivers or a software problem? I did check my PSU and the output is fine 19.5Is it a Hardware/Power/GPU problem? Thanks

:)

AdamKojak, Jul 28, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

3. kenalbus Win User
    Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not?

BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.

Whenever my NVIDIA GPU and the Intel GPU are activated, and the NVIDIA GPU isn't under stress for about 5 minutes, (by "under stress" I mean using programs that require detailed graphics and a lot of graphical processing) the BSOD will appear showing the
    message error "NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE".

Somehow I've tackled the issue of the BSOD by deactivating the NVIDIA GPU and solely use the Intel GPU, whenever I feel the NVIDIA GPU isn't required for my actions.

Even so, it is annoying to have to activate/deactivate the NVIDIA everytime i need it.

I have already used programs such as WhoCrashed and BlueScreeView to understand better the causes of these crashes. Those programs say that the leading cause of the BSOD are the files "hal.dll", "ntoskrnl.exe" and "PSHED.dll".

I would like to know if there is a way to correct these errors and how should I proceed to correct them.

My laptop specs are:

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-79XK

CPU: Intel i7-8750H

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

Luís AserPortela, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not?

1. Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not? - Similar Threads - Crashing Nvidia GPU

2. GPU Faulty while resetting windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU Faulty while resetting windows: Hey! My GPU & Camera haven't been working recently so I will be resetting windows soon. I wanted to ask if my GPU turns out to be faulty, and crashes my windows installation half way or mid installation. Will it prevent me from downloading it completely? Currently I have it...
  3. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  4. Every application running on Nvidia GPU.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every application running on Nvidia GPU.: [ATTACH] I noticed when I monitoring the idle temps. Normally GPU temp idling 30-40 degree. When I realize it's exceeded 50 degrees on idle I know it's too much. Then I tracked the GPU activity and see these unnecessary apps running on the GPU. I did a clean reinstall...
  5. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  6. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  7. NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA GPU uninstalled in device Manager: I accidentally uninstalled my NVIDIA GPU from device manager and now I want to reinstall it but when I try reinstalling it with NIVDIA installer it says, "The graphic driver could not find compatible Graphic Hardware.". Help me on how to get my graphic hardware back and use...
  8. discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel)

discrete GPU (nvidia) and itegrated GPU (intel): Hello, I have a bit of a problem... It refers to the GPU switching with the option of Running x application with intel or nvidia GPU. Once for example I choose the game running with the Nvidia graphic card after I look on task manager it still shows that application is...
  9. defective gpu or faulty psu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    defective gpu or faulty psu?: I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games, everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first 10-15 minutes. I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything...
  10. Windows apps use Nvidia GPU

Windows apps use Nvidia GPU: I have switchable integrated Intel HD video/Nvidia GeForce 840M. Recently I noticed that my Nvidia GPU is used even without any apps started. It turned that it is used by Windows apps like Phone Companion, Store, Mail etc. It is really disturbing, because my battery life is...