Windows 10: Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not?

Discus and support Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; MSI GP72vr 7rf Leopard ProWindows 10/64Nvidia GTX 1060Hello,I've been having GPU driver crashes when in games, specifically high-end games like:The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamKojak, Jul 28, 2021.

1. AdamKojak Win User

Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not?

MSI GP72vr 7rf Leopard ProWindows 10/64Nvidia GTX 1060Hello,I've been having GPU driver crashes when in games, specifically high-end games like:The Witcher 3Dishonored 2Genshin ImpactValorant not high-end but still crashes sometimesI noticed that when I go to ECO Power mode or just unpluging the PSU no crashes happen but of course I get way lower FPS.My QuestionCrashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not? :Does that confirm that the problem is not with the graphics drivers or a software problem? I did check my PSU and the output is fine 19.5Is it a Hardware/Power/GPU problem? Thanks

:)

AdamKojak, Jul 28, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

3. kenalbus Win User
    Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not?

BSOD after the NVIDIA GPU is activated

For the past month i've been struggling with an issue on my laptop, related to its GPU.

Whenever my NVIDIA GPU and the Intel GPU are activated, and the NVIDIA GPU isn't under stress for about 5 minutes, (by "under stress" I mean using programs that require detailed graphics and a lot of graphical processing) the BSOD will appear showing the
    message error "NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE".

Somehow I've tackled the issue of the BSOD by deactivating the NVIDIA GPU and solely use the Intel GPU, whenever I feel the NVIDIA GPU isn't required for my actions.

Even so, it is annoying to have to activate/deactivate the NVIDIA everytime i need it.

I have already used programs such as WhoCrashed and BlueScreeView to understand better the causes of these crashes. Those programs say that the leading cause of the BSOD are the files "hal.dll", "ntoskrnl.exe" and "PSHED.dll".

I would like to know if there is a way to correct these errors and how should I proceed to correct them.

My laptop specs are:

Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-79XK

CPU: Intel i7-8750H

GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050

RAM: 16GB

Luís AserPortela, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not?

1. Crashing Nvidia GPU Faulty or not? - Similar Threads - Crashing Nvidia GPU

2. Nvidia GPU not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia GPU not working: My Nvidia GPU has recently not been working due to some driver related issues I think. It all started with error 43, which stopped me from using my Nvidia GPU. I tried updating my GPU but it didn't work. I even tried to use DDU to reinstall my GPU but that didn't work either....
  3. No Nvidia GPU deteced.

No Nvidia GPU deteced.: Hello everyone, I have a gaming laptop "Acer Predator Helios 300". Few weeks back my laptop was unable to detect the graphic card. It showed "No Nvidia GPU Detected" I tried everything but can't find any solution. Can this be a reason that my NVidia Graphic card hardware has...
  4. Problem with Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Nvidia GPU: Hello, I'm having problems with the GPU on my Acer Laptop. So I wanted to play this game I just got on Steam, but I can't because my GPU's got issues. First time I launched it, the game ran "decently" there was some lag, but otherwise it ran ok on the Intel graphics, but when...
  5. Nvidia GPU not detected

Nvidia GPU not detected: Hi, I'm Atabek,I've installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad L3 15IML05. And installed all drivers from Lenovo official site. I seems all drivers are installed correctly, but my Nvidia MX330 Video Card driver isn't. At first it showed as 3D Video Controller driver in the...
  6. Nvidia GPU not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GPU not detected: Hi, I'm Atabek,I've installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo ideapad L3 15IML05. And installed all drivers from Lenovo official site. I seems all drivers are installed correctly, but my Nvidia MX330 Video Card driver isn't. At first it showed as 3D Video Controller driver in the...
  7. NVIDIA GPU not detected

NVIDIA GPU not detected: Hi everyone,I am desperate for help with a GPU problem. It may have been triggered by the recent windows 11 update, but i am unsure. Have since cleaned reset back to windows 10 which didn't fix the problem.Anyway, I have tried everything to get my laptop to recognise it has a...
  8. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  9. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  10. defective gpu or faulty psu?

defective gpu or faulty psu?: I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games, everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first 10-15 minutes. I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything...