Windows 10: Crashing on startup, tried to fix but still a problem

Discus and support Crashing on startup, tried to fix but still a problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My problem starts yesterday when I booted up my laptop- I use a Lenovo G50-80 with Windows 10 At first everything seemed fine but a few minutes into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhilWhitehouse1, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Crashing on startup, tried to fix but still a problem

My problem starts yesterday when I booted up my laptop- I use a Lenovo G50-80 with Windows 10

At first everything seemed fine but a few minutes into using it it progressively got more and more slow, the thing turning to 'Not Responding', until it finally crashed. I had been using it pretty continuously for watching videos and downloading audios from a trusted site.

I managed to solve part of the problem last night by reloading Windows but today it's still freezing and crashing. I can't get past the password bit for Smart Mode I used all the known versions of passwords I usually use as well the usual pin I use to login. I even tried to start it with Smart Mode with Networking, and it still comes up with a password screen that I cannot get past.

The only thing I can think of is either I have some sort of virus or malware problem not that I'd be able to do a check for it given the amount of time it takes to crash, or a loading thing that comes from Steam, but it's never caused any problems before.....

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

:)

PhilWhitehouse1, Jul 17, 2020
  2. vinceip Win User

Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 17, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Crashing on startup, tried to fix but still a problem

UT3 Crash on startup

The usual startup crash I see on UT3 is on XP. Patching it with the latest DirectX update fixes it every time.

qubit, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Crashing on startup, tried to fix but still a problem

1. Crashing on startup, tried to fix but still a problem - Similar Threads - Crashing startup tried

2. KernelBase.dll error, tried everything still not fixed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KernelBase.dll error, tried everything still not fixed: Hello, so my situation is that whenever I seem to run something that uses the gpu I get the faulting module kernelbase.dll event 1000 error and the program crashes. For example in cinebench it crashes within a minute of the GPU test the cpu test works fine, and in some games...
  3. KernelBase.dll error, tried everything still not fixed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KernelBase.dll error, tried everything still not fixed: Hello, so my situation is that whenever I seem to run something that uses the gpu I get the faulting module kernelbase.dll event 1000 error and the program crashes. For example in cinebench it crashes within a minute of the GPU test the cpu test works fine, and in some games...
  4. KernelBase.dll error, tried everything still not fixed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ive tried reset this pc but still crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive tried reset this pc but still crashes: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8406e8377010Parameter 2: fffff8068dddaf20Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 1850OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack:...
  6. Ive tried reset this pc but still crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ive tried reset this pc but still crashes: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8406e8377010Parameter 2: fffff8068dddaf20Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 1850OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack:...
  7. Ive tried reset this pc but still crashes

8. Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this webcam driver problem still not fixed???: So I had the opportunity to find this post from 4 yrs ago when my webcam just up and died on me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/webcam-driver-update-is-automatically-deleted/2e6291a7-4d3b-41c7-93cf-039bd1e2bfed I have recently...
  9. Trying to fix BSOD crashes

Trying to fix BSOD crashes: So in the last 7-8 weeks I've had about 4 BSOD crashes (with the stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) even after sending my laptop back to the manufacturer for a checkup. I have already checked whether or not my drivers are up to date (they are) and at this point, I'm at...
  10. Windows 10 Mail app still crashing, tried every possible fix!!!

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app still crashing, tried every possible fix!!!: I am so deflated by this issue, every time I upgrade Insider preview builds the mail app starts crashing without any error message. This issue is widespread all over the internet yet NOT ONE single fix out there solves my problem, I have tried reinstalling the app, using all...