Windows 10: crashing or freezing that causes mouse and keyboard to stop working and goes to black screen

Discus and support crashing or freezing that causes mouse and keyboard to stop working and goes to black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Also today i had a first blue screen which made me want to ask for help. So recently over the past month or so i would have instances where my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Birch_JB, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Birch_JB Win User

crashing or freezing that causes mouse and keyboard to stop working and goes to black screen

Also today i had a first blue screen which made me want to ask for help.

So recently over the past month or so i would have instances where my screen would go black but my pc would remain on. still hear audio, all fans and lights of ect but i would always have to shut my computer down and turn back on as i couldnt do anything to turn on again.

Parts:

Ryzen 5 2600x originally oc to 4ghz and used roughly 1.35v and never got hotter than 55c

Msi 5500 xt 8gb x gaming not overclocked only custom fan curves and never gets hotter than 70c

Msi tomohawk b450 max

600w evga psu

16gb corsair vengence rgb ram

Also can provide dump files but dont know how to share it so may need help with that.

Any other questions needed i can answer

:)

Birch_JB, Feb 17, 2021

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 17, 2021
  3. RCoon Win User
    Keyboard and Mouse freezing

Similar thing happened to m RAT 9, it had a corrupted profile in the firmware, caused everything to freeze every 10 seconds or so, so I replaced the mouse. It didn't cause my keyboard to stop working though.

RCoon, Feb 17, 2021
  4. crashing or freezing that causes mouse and keyboard to stop working and goes to black screen

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

crashing or freezing that causes mouse and keyboard to stop working and goes to black screen

1. crashing or freezing that causes mouse and keyboard to stop working and goes to black screen - Similar Threads - crashing freezing causes

2. Screen goes black, mouse and keyboard lights turn off, RAMs' LEDs are working and fans are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black, mouse and keyboard lights turn off, RAMs' LEDs are working and fans are...: I've been using my PC with the same Windows 10 installation with latest updates installed instantly as they roll out for the past 5 years with no problems.A week ago, I installed a new clean version of Windows 11 using the media creation tool from the official website with a...
  3. Screen goes black, mouse and keyboard lights turn off, RAMs' LEDs are working and fans are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black, mouse and keyboard lights turn off, RAMs' LEDs are working and fans are...: I've been using my PC with the same Windows 10 installation with latest updates installed instantly as they roll out for the past 5 years with no problems.A week ago, I installed a new clean version of Windows 11 using the media creation tool from the official website with a...
  4. Windows regularly crashing - keyboard and mouse stop working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows regularly crashing - keyboard and mouse stop working.: This has been happening regularly for at least several months. My 10 year old power supply was on the way out and I assumed that was the cause, but I've recently got a new one and the crashes are still happening.When this happens, I lose all ability to use the keyboard and...
  5. Windows regularly crashing - keyboard and mouse stop working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows regularly crashing - keyboard and mouse stop working.: This has been happening regularly for at least several months. My 10 year old power supply was on the way out and I assumed that was the cause, but I've recently got a new one and the crashes are still happening.When this happens, I lose all ability to use the keyboard and...
  6. Windows regularly crashing - keyboard and mouse stop working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop's screen goes black suddenly, keyboard also stops working. HELP.

Laptop's screen goes black suddenly, keyboard also stops working. HELP.: Hello,i am on Asus GL552vw i7 6200, 16gb, 960m nvidia. Recently got the Windows 10, version 20H2 late due to connexant driver issues.few days after the update i am having strange black screen with keyboard and mouse not working. The laptop is working in black screen too....
  8. Screen Freezes, Keyboard stop working and Moisés Freezes

Screen Freezes, Keyboard stop working and Moisés Freezes: This is happening in both of my PCs and i don't know what to do. I'm using my PC normaly and for some reason the screen freezes, the keyboard doesn't work i try to remove and connect the USB but it doesn't turn on the lights and the cursor mouse moves normal for a seconds but...
  9. Screen freezes then goes black.

Screen freezes then goes black.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141 Parameter 1: ffffdc07ca624050 Parameter 2: fffff8034d082298 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 OS version: 10_0_19042 Service Pack:...
  10. Screen freezes and mouse goes crazy.

Screen freezes and mouse goes crazy.: Hello, I always try to solve this problems by myself but I cant with this one. A few weeks ago my computer started to freeze for a second every few minutes, it is not much but is anoying. And the mouse every few minutes too goes crazy and moves by itself. This happens in a...