Windows 10: Crashing randomly during high power pulling tasks

Discus and support Crashing randomly during high power pulling tasks in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Before I go any further, yes, I know this screams PSU problem, and I think youre right, but I am wondering if there is a concrete way to find out. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thornton, May 6, 2021.

1. Thornton Win User

Crashing randomly during high power pulling tasks

Before I go any further, yes, I know this screams PSU problem, and I think youre right, but I am wondering if there is a concrete way to find out. I had a bad power surge a few weeks ago and since then, during high power tasks the computer will with little to no obvious foresight just shut down. Now, I can only trigger this with graphics related tasks but the problem only occurs when the 2 graphics cards are pulling max capacity. I have a 1200w power supply and have not had a single issue for around 2 years with it but after this surge, and it was a bad outage that affected the whole city, something is just wrong. I cant describe it but I will wake up and it restarted with no updates, I am working and it just shuts down, and when I am awake to observe it is during high power related tasks, but again, my high power related tasks are all graphics related. I have tried to check error logs but the most I am getting from it from the methods that I personally know how to check is just saying it shut down improperly (no s* sherlock)... Is there another way I can get crash data that might tell me where the bottle neck is so I can better deduce if a graphics card was damaged from the surge, or if it might be my power supply. I am praying it is my powersupply since my work is graphics related and graphics cards are few and far between right now. Thank you so much and I hope to diagnose this ASAP so I can get a claim in to my insurance for it.

:)

Thornton, May 6, 2021
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Naby, May 6, 2021
  3. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Crashing randomly during high power pulling tasks [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, May 6, 2021
  4. monksalve Win User

Complete Freeze - Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task 63

Managed to solve this.

Seems like I had a couple issues. The power supply was on the fritz and C-States needed to be turned off in the bios.

I went through all the steps listed on this thread by @mileskb
    Windows 10 freezes randomly

I did change some of the power management settings in windows, but I had tried that before without results. It might have been a combination of C-States and power management.

monksalve, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Crashing randomly during high power pulling tasks - Similar Threads - Crashing randomly during

2. Games randomly crash during playtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games randomly crash during playtime: Specs:Windows 11Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 5600mhz DDR5SSD: Samsung 990PRO 2TB M.2PSU: Corsair RM850x Modular 80+--------------------------------------------My games randomly crash whilst I'm in a game, it appears...
  3. Games randomly crash during playtime

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games randomly crash during playtime: Specs:Windows 11Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32gb 5600mhz DDR5SSD: Samsung 990PRO 2TB M.2PSU: Corsair RM850x Modular 80+--------------------------------------------My games randomly crash whilst I'm in a game, it appears...
  4. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  5. Random crashing during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashing during gaming: Hello everyone!I have recently bought a new laptop a week ago and strangely whenever I start playing any game in random intervals the game will suddenly crash. The screen freezes and the audio become very choppy. I have no control over the computer and cannot even access task...
  6. Random BSOD Crashes Kernel-Power Event_ID: 41 Task Category: 63

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD Crashes Kernel-Power Event_ID: 41 Task Category: 63: I have recently been experiencing BSOD crashes. I have had 10 since April 3, 2021, and I had 3 today. They are truly random ... they happen when I am doing different things. On youtube. In excel. Doing nothing in particular. Here is a link to my dmp files and system nfo...
  7. Random tasks "crashing"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random tasks "crashing": Ive been having this weird problem recently where whenever i open certain apps, they crash after a couple seconds, and i get the blue circle showing that somethings happening in the background. All my games work fine, most apps work fine aswell. This happens whenever i open...
  8. "Very High" power usage in the Task Manager

"Very High" power usage in the Task Manager: Hello! Under Task Manager, under the column "Power Usage", I often get "Very High" usage for my browser and for mbam. What does "Very High" usage mean? Assuming the standard would be 35% or so for example, would it mean it's using ~80% power a browser could normally use in...
  9. PC randomly turns off during high intensity tasks such as gaming Kernel PnP 219

PC randomly turns off during high intensity tasks such as gaming Kernel PnP 219: During games my PC randomly shuts down, sometimes with a bsod and sometimes it just suddenly turns off. I've reinstalled all device drivers and made sure my bios and windows are up to date. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah2JHCRhFAHyaR-JCRhEjL0rceY?e=Co9z8o...
  10. 10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates: I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off....