Windows 10: Crashing seconds after login

Discus and support Crashing seconds after login in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, my computer has been acting strange as of 2 days ago. I was initially just browsing the net and everything stopped loading. I thought my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vbsquare, Jan 7, 2016.

1. vbsquare Win User

Crashing seconds after login

Hi Guys, my computer has been acting strange as of 2 days ago. I was initially just browsing the net and everything stopped loading. I thought my internet went out and I shut down my computer thinking nothing of it. I tried starting it up again later that day but it would freeze a few seconds after I log in.

The strange this is, it works for about 5-10 s then my pointer changes to that spinning blue wheel and everything becomes unresponsive. I can't click anything or use my keyboard, but I can still move the pointer. Here are some of the things I've tried:

• Restart in safe mode (same type of crashing occurs, can move mouse but can't do anything else)
    • Restart in safe mode with command prompt to run sfc /scannow. (initial attempt froze at 100%, hard rebooted and tried again but now it freezes at the file verification stage)
    • "Reset this PC", ( froze at 8%)

I'm thinking it might be a hardware problem and this happened rather spontaneously. I did not install any new software recently.

:)

vbsquare, Jan 7, 2016

2. lync 2013 mobile status

Now it gets even better. The app crashes after login and loading a few seconds :-(

The only way to solve it is to quickly say "log out" after login in and do the whole login process again.

It kills the conversation history which obviously seems to cause the problem.

FriedrichGR, Jan 7, 2016
  3. GTX 650 Ti Drivers (358.50) on crashes in Windows 10

Recently the Nvidia GTX 650 Ti drivers for Windows 10 started to crash really frequently. It can happen before login and after login. After login when you try to run a desktop app I get a blank screen for a few seconds. Sometimes it recovers, but sometimes
    the screen goes blank for a long time and i need to force shutdown.

Anyone else having the same issue or know an fix

ShanilMuthuthanthrie, Jan 7, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Since it's within a few days, is System Restore an option?

b1rd, Jan 7, 2016
  5. vbsquare Win User
    Unfortunately, I don't have any saved restore points.

vbsquare, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Crashing seconds after login - Similar Threads - Crashing seconds login

2. Second Minecraft login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Minecraft login: Hi. I purchased 2 Minecraft accounts for my kids.After a clean install it seems I can only log in with one of them. Could somone guide me on how to get the second account working, please? Much appreciated. Thanks....
  3. Second Minecraft login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Minecraft login: Hi. I purchased 2 Minecraft accounts for my kids.After a clean install it seems I can only log in with one of them. Could somone guide me on how to get the second account working, please? Much appreciated. Thanks....
  4. Browsers crash after a couple seconds of usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers crash after a couple seconds of usage: l dont know why but this happens. When i open the google chrome it lets me type a couple letters than it freezes and automatically closes.This is happening on windows 10...
  5. Windows crashes after login

Windows crashes after login: My PC starts up fine, I enter my pin, and then Windows crashes. I have restarted many times and every time it does one of these:- black screen with nothing on it. I can move the cursor around but can't do anything.- my desktop is there, but none of the startup programmes...
  6. Windows crashes after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes after login: My PC starts up fine, I enter my pin, and then Windows crashes. I have restarted many times and every time it does one of these:- black screen with nothing on it. I can move the cursor around but can't do anything.- my desktop is there, but none of the startup programmes...
  7. Windows crashes after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows crashes after second sleep SOLVED

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes after second sleep SOLVED: S O L V E D - It turned out to be a motherboard Intel driver problem. The problem: Following a fresh restart, I can trigger sleep once - works 100% - then, if I wake it up and triggerSLEEP a second time, it is crashes 100% of the time. Recent changes inclulde a new NVMe...
  9. Windows crashes after second sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes after second sleep: The problem: Following a fresh restart, I can trigger sleep once - works 100% - then, if I wake it up and triggerSLEEP a second time, it is crashes 100% of the time. Recent changes inclulde a new NVMe M.2 Samsung SSD 970 EVO set as the boot disk, a new 200mm fan and just...
  10. BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login

BSoD after cold boot or seconds after login: Hello, I get BSODs when i boot my PC (usuallyafter bios somtimes within first seconds after login in to win10) and only if the computer was off for a while (~1hour). Restarts are no problem. Today i also got a black screen after boot up. I could use my mouse and there was a...