Windows 10: Crashing to random colored screen requiring hard reset

Discus and support Crashing to random colored screen requiring hard reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in, So this has been going on for quite some time now, when I am streaming videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MDAWG, Oct 17, 2016.

1. MDAWG Win User

Crashing to random colored screen requiring hard reset

Hey guys wasn't really sure what category to post this thread in,
    So this has been going on for quite some time now, when I am streaming videos browsing the internet or playing really low intensity games like minecraft or indie games my computer will crash to a random coloured screen I assume taking the colour from some element of whatever on screen and will project a horrible sound from the speakers (I assume a very short loop of the last sounds of what was playing) and I am forced to hard reset the computer.
    sometimes it wont happen for a couple of days and then other times it will happen 4 times a day, it totally varies with no apparent cause. It has a brand new hard drive, ram and PSU and the graphics card is fairly recent, the mother board and CPU are a couple years old but I can't see this being a hardware issue down to the fact that there seems to be no apparent cause for this issue if the hardware was strictly faulty then im sure it would die in high intensity tasks but it has almost never crashed when playing something like battlefield or the new DOOM game at max settings so that doesn't seem to be the case. I also can't see it being an over heating issue as the computer runs quite cool. All of my drivers are up to date and this has happend across multiple versions of graphics driver updates. Im honestly out of answers I have read countless forums of people suffering with the exact same problem to no ressolve and have tried a rediculous amount of things just about everything you could possibly do yet still found nothing. I thought id try to make a post to see if anyone could help me before I give up and take it to the computer store.

All help is much appreciated!

Thank you.

:)

MDAWG, Oct 17, 2016
  2. royalnoob Win User

My computer crashes shortly after I launch a Game.

As a result it now still crashes in game but instead of random color splotches it crashes with a blackscreen.

royalnoob, Oct 17, 2016
  3. felicetti Win User
    Nokia 720 -- Screen enlarges randomly

I find it perplexing that there is an evident "Bug" in the code of the OS creating situations in which the screen transitions and freezes on large characters in the main screen icons and all that is proposed is to go to settings and deactivate a function
    for ease of access. Does Nokia not have a fix for this problem and is able to implement the fix in the next update?

On another note the phone at random times displays only the color pixels and freezes totally during a conversation and while you are able to continue a conversation you are not able to disconnect or anything requiring screen touch functionality, requiring
    the same process of hard restart. Any fixes coming soon?

felicetti, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

Crashing to random colored screen requiring hard reset

1. Crashing to random colored screen requiring hard reset - Similar Threads - Crashing random colored

2. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  3. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  4. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.: Hi, For a few months now, my screen will randomly go black, I will hear a windows error sound unable to read it obviously and I am forced to do a hard reset. I have tried everything I could think of and cannot figure it out. Here is the error log: Source Windows Summary...
  6. Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen randomly goes black while gaming, requires a hard reset.: Hi, For a few months now, my screen will randomly go black, I will hear a windows error sound unable to read it obviously and I am forced to do a hard reset. I have tried everything I could think of and cannot figure it out. Here is the error log: Source Windows Summary...
  7. Random Black Screen, Requiring Hard Reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Black Screen, Requiring Hard Reset: I've been getting random black screens, causing my PC to become unresponsive. The only thing I can do to get it to come back is to force reboot it. This happens at seemingly random times. On average about once per day, while gaming but sometimes while idling or waking from...
  8. Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot.

Screen randomly shutdown, requiring hard reboot.: Hi, I have a Gateway P78 FX edition laptop, since Spring 2018 update (1803), my screen randomly shutdown (and keyboard stop responding), requiring a hard reboot, mainly when I play videos online (YouTube, Netflix, Twitch,...) but it can also happen at any other moment too,...
  9. Multiple Random System Lock-Ups requiring Hard-Reset

Multiple Random System Lock-Ups requiring Hard-Reset: Hello, I'm new to the forums so thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help me try and resolve my issues. I recently built the PC I am currently experiencing this issue on. I have built several gaming PC's in the past, but never have I experienced any...
  10. Multiple Random System Lock-Ups requiring Hard-Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multiple Random System Lock-Ups requiring Hard-Reset: Hello, I'm new to the forums so thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help me try and resolve my issues. I recently built the PC I am currently experiencing this issue on. I have built several gaming PC's in the past, but never have I experienced any...