Windows 10: Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.

Discus and support Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I booted up my computer, everything seemed to work fine for the first 5 minutes. Then Firefox crashed while I was browsing the web. I waited for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/m0hdasif, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.

When I booted up my computer, everything seemed to work fine for the first 5 minutes. Then Firefox crashed while I was browsing the web. I waited for it to grey-out and allow me to force close, but the force close prompt never appeared. Eventually, I pressed Ctrl-Alt-Esc to bring up task-manager and end the process. Nothing happened. I waited 5 minutes, and still all I had was a greyed out, frozen screen with a 'loading wheel' cursor. I tried pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del in an attempt to log out / shut down, but again nothing happened. After a couple of minutes, the screen went black, around 25 Task Manager windows opened, the start menu came up over the black background, and multiple 'Windows is not responding' prompts appeared. Task Manager said that my Disk usage was 100%, but every process was using 0. All of the Tast Manager were 'Not responding' and could not be closed, nor used to end any other processes. I gave up and manually powered down using the PC button. After a reboot, the same thing happened again as I tried to open CCleaner to uninstall Firefox, as I thought this might have been the cause of the error. Again, after a long freeze-out, multiple task managers showing 100% disk usage but all apps using 0 appeared, and were all not responding, as well as the prompt to force close Windows and the black screen. Again all of these were unable to be used, and I was forced to manually power down again. I tried using the recovery USB had made using Microsoft's tool, but this did not appear to be bootable and the system carried on straight through to Windows 10 again (yes, I changed my boot order in BIOS). I've managed to get Windows 10 to do a 'Reset' before it crashed, and this process is slowly happening now. Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this, even clean install have same issue.

submitted by /u/m0hdasif
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/m0hdasif, Apr 15, 2020

2. Nvidia Driver Crashing - Two Display - Tried Multiple Solutions

Hello, I recently updated to windows 10 and since have been having problems with my Nvidia graphics drivers crashing when I try to put anything in full screen mode on my second monitor. The computer would crash and eventually give me an error that graphics driver had crashed and recovered or that only the Microsoft basics driver is now being used. If I try to put anything in full screen on my primary monitor, the monitor goes black until I exit fullscreen.

I have read through multiple similar posts about this problem for others who seem to have found solutions. I tried to follow all of these different solutions but the problem persists.

What I've done:

• I installed Display Driver Uninstaller
    • did a safe mode clean install restarted
    • downloaded the newest Nvidia driver updater (364.51-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql)
    • installed a custom install with a clean install (currently have driver version 364.51 for my GeForce GTX 660)
    • told windows not to auto update
    • told Nvidia not to auto update.

I am thinking that perhaps I need a legacy driver...? Any suggestions? Thanks!

doctasarge, Apr 15, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything.

1. Crashing, unusable! no solution, tried everything means everything. - Similar Threads - Crashing unusable solution

2. Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not getting recognised tried everything and did everything: I have a desktop computer and have a headphone USB so thats why I bought a jack micrphone GM100 reddragon the system notice that the mic is plug in but when I go to sounds there it says there are no additional devices plug in please help!...
  3. Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything: Hi. So I recently put windows 10 onto my laptop and accidentally turned the brightness too low so I restarted it. Its now been 16 hours and I have turned the thing off and on again about 70 times and that is not an exaggeration. I tried resetting it and it didn't fix...
  4. User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User Account Permission for EVERYTHING (tried everything): I've tried (nearly) every solution but nothing really worked... So decided to reinstall my system since it's a new laptop But I'm wondering what I did wrong in the first place and how I can circumvent this issue from happening again? PS: I'm not really technically inclined...
  5. Everything Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everything Keeps Crashing: Yesterday I discovered that the search function in the Start bar is broken. When I click it, it opens and hangs for a second in which I cannot type, and then it promptly closes again. I cannot search. I ran the troubleshooter for Windows Search, which recognized that it...
  6. Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk: As the title states I have tried everything. Been reading this forum and tried most of the suggestions. I really don't want to wipe hard drive.There's no excuse but i don't have an up to date image.Lets blame it on covid. So its's my fault all around. I was trying to get a...
  7. Games Crashing After Trying Everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games Crashing After Trying Everything: I have had my pc since late 2018, and since then noticed constant crashing to the desktop in just about every game. I have tried just about everything to fix it from doing a proper reset of my PC with the media installation key, i have kept my drivers up to date, monitored...
  8. Games Crashing Repeatedly. Tried Everything!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Games Crashing Repeatedly. Tried Everything!: Hello Everyone, I recently upgraded parts of my desktop PC. I purchased an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 cpu, an MSI B450M-A PRO motherboard, and a RX 590 gpu. As well as the upgrade, I reset windows entirely, formatting my hard drives and reinstalling windows clean. Since then, I...
  9. Everything crashes..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything crashes..: So hello guys ! I am new here and my name is Ognjen. So recently I've got a new PC which has awesome parts as well..but there is on problem which makes me angry sometimes..Well when I try to install Malwarebytes program,it closes immediately.When I try to search for some fix...
  10. Application/everything crash

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Application/everything crash: Sorry if this isn't the right thread, I'm new but really struggling with this error/crash that happens on my laptop often! It frequently happens when I play a game, the game will close automatically and I will be presented with an I/O error message? It closes everything and...