Windows 10: Crashing when I play games

Discus and support Crashing when I play games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having issues with my pc crashing when I play games... Its only when I play games. I reinstalled my driver for the graphics card (5600 XT),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-GaMbLe-, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Crashing when I play games

Hello, I'm having issues with my pc crashing when I play games... Its only when I play games. I reinstalled my driver for the graphics card (5600 XT), I haven't done too much else seeing as that I'm not really PC savvy. If anyone has any trouble shooting suggestions I would REALLLYYYYY appreciate it! A video even as guidance would be helpful. This is killing me! I actually had a BSOD issue before and my IT friend at work tool my pc and fixed the issue. He said he reinstalled the latest video card and drivers. That fixed the issue. I built this PC at microcenter and have had it under a month... Feel like I can't enjoy it. Thanks in advance guys

submitted by /u/-GaMbLe-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-GaMbLe-, Feb 15, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Xbox Play anywhere games

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. The freezing is still happening.

David-Murica, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Crashing when I play games

Xbox Play anywhere games

Hi David,

There are many possible reasons why Gears of War 4 randomly crashes when playing. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Crashing when I play games

1. Crashing when I play games - Similar Threads - Crashing play games

2. rx580 crash when I play game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rx580 crash when I play game: idk why but when I play games, such as Minecraft Roblox Fortnite valorant etc etc my entire pc freezes and bluescreens, usually showing the error kernal data inpage error, after that it boots straight to bios and I have to restart my PC second time to get it work, even if I...
  3. rx580 crash when I play game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rx580 crash when I play game: idk why but when I play games, such as Minecraft Roblox Fortnite valorant etc etc my entire pc freezes and bluescreens, usually showing the error kernal data inpage error, after that it boots straight to bios and I have to restart my PC second time to get it work, even if I...
  4. PC crashing when I play games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when I play games.: My computer has been experiencing consistent crashes at random times over the past few months. Usually while playing games and I have noticed my cpu usage does spike but I have trouble shot this issue many of time’s now and still haven’t figured out a solution. I believe the...
  5. PC crashing when I play games.

PC crashing when I play games.: My computer has been experiencing consistent crashes at random times over the past few months. Usually while playing games and I have noticed my cpu usage does spike but I have trouble shot this issue many of time’s now and still haven’t figured out a solution. I believe the...
  6. PC crashing when I play games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I keep crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep crashing when playing games: My PC just shuts off when playing games, it seems that if playing a high demand game for too long it causes my PC to crash. First it goes black screen, then I see that it's restarting but it stays black screen. Then I have to turn it off via hard shut off and then it works...
  8. I keep crashing when playing games

I keep crashing when playing games: My PC just shuts off when playing games, it seems that if playing a high demand game for too long it causes my PC to crash. First it goes black screen, then I see that it's restarting but it stays black screen. Then I have to turn it off via hard shut off and then it works...
  9. I keep crashing when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when playing games: When playing 3D games Apex, dauntless and dark souls 3 my computer crashes seemingly at random. The only time it crashes consistently is when cutscenes start in the game Nioh.This is an issue that has only started in the last year and has been getting worse recently. It...