Windows 10: Crashing (?)

Discus and support Crashing (?) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently encountered a problem with my PC Whenever I boot up a game and play for about 10-20 minutes (First noticed and happens irregularly with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sherlockinater, May 16, 2019.

1. Crashing (?)

I have recently encountered a problem with my PC
    Whenever I boot up a game and play for about 10-20 minutes (First noticed and happens irregularly with HoI4 and Stellaris, but happens 100% of the time within 5 minutes of Life Is Strange 2), my computer screen loses signal. Audio and applications still run for about 20-30 seconds but then they all stop functioning as well. The computer is still on but the only thing I can do is perform a hard shutdown by holding the power button My computer isn't overheating, and I've already run a check disk prompt, repaired the disk, installed and updated my drivers and my issue still continues.

I'm running a custom rig with an i7 8700k, GTX 1070ti, 16GB RAM, and a 1tb SSD.

:)

Sherlockinater, May 16, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 16, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 16, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Crashing (?)

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Crashing (?)

1. Crashing (?) - Similar Threads - Crashing

2. Repeated Crashing of Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated Crashing of Apps: SO, recently there have been a few things happening to my Lenovo V330-14IKB laptop running Windows 10 (1803). First, Magnifier would randomly enter docked mode from full screen. Second, Chrome started giving me some Aw Snap! messages. Then, when I wanted to swipe...
  3. Bitlocker Crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker Crash: Hi My Flash drive got disconnected (moved laptop) whilst I was just startinf my bitlocker process. I have the password and 48 letter key but the flash is locked because of the disconnection. 1)I tried many of the solutions like manage-bde -protectors D: -get 2) I get...
  4. Periodic AMD Driver Crashes at Random Intervals While Playing Games

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Periodic AMD Driver Crashes at Random Intervals While Playing Games: Hello, As is written in my computer specifications, I am running an ASUS AMD Radeon R9 380 with 4GB GDDR5, I am running it with no overclock and on stock settings in AMD's Radeon Settings application. In normal use (web browsing, listening to music, programming, etc), my...
  5. Windows 10 activation issue after system crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 activation issue after system crash: I bought an original HP laptop with Genuine Windows 10 Preinstalled in it. After around 2 years, my battery went bad and my system crashed. I installed a copy of Windows 10 from a friend and i am not able to activate the account. How do I activate my Windows 10 again?...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Totally Crashed System when it did an Auto update tonight May 26, 2019, had...

Windows 10 Pro Totally Crashed System when it did an Auto update tonight May 26, 2019, had...: Hello to all, My main system is on the blink and just keep turning the monitor off and on, only displaying a logo for Display Port in the upper left hand corner. This is a Ryzen 7 2700U system with 32GB Ram and the monitor is a Samsung 28" UHD. The system flickers the...
  7. BSod crash

BSod crash: when I installing windows 10 or windows 7 my system cannot open properly. While installing windows 10 startup screen appear with WINDOWS LOGO but it shows blue screen with error and hanged on. while installing windows 7 windows logo does not appear properly and get restarted...
  8. Blue Screen Bsod crash

Blue Screen Bsod crash: Hello ! i have been having the same problem when i play games or videos. here is the DMP file https://1drv.ms/u/s!At8SSkK33x5nij7H-7-R2p5NScmT and here is my sys specifications https://1drv.ms/u/s!At8SSkK33x5nij8gwBhBd8OqSUxg i would love to get this fixed :/...
  9. Random BSOD crashes after upgrading to Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903). Frustrating....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD crashes after upgrading to Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903). Frustrating....: Hi all, I upgraded my Windows 10 PC to May 2019 Update and started seeing random crashes (BSOD) with various stop code. The BSOD happens 2 to 5 minutes after I log in. The most common crash happens when I have a Chrome browser open (I pasted the dump analysis below for...
  10. File explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes.: Hello! I hope your day is well, File explorer has been crashing for some strange reason. I could open file explorer, but I can not hover my mouse over a video file or open any subfolders without file explorer crashing. My screen would become black, and everything on the...