Windows 10: Crazy account/login variations. My fault I suspect

Discus and support Crazy account/login variations. My fault I suspect in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Why Halo guys, old friends and potential new. Been off the PC for a very long time. This is what I did: I was annoyed that I had used a separate... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by antspants, Jun 23, 2016.

1. antspants Win User

Crazy account/login variations. My fault I suspect

Why Halo guys, old friends and potential new. Been off the PC for a very long time.

This is what I did:

I was annoyed that I had used a separate login for Xbox and Win 10.
    (More annoyed that I couldn't change my master xbox email account, can't add my Win 10 account as an alias because it exists already)

I discovered here, that I could change my default Win 10 login Account by changing to local, then back to Microsoft account using a new address (My Xbox Alias)

Now I can get into Win 10 no prob, hallelujah there is my Xbox account woohoo. BUT

• Windows store is still using my old Win 10 email login & (Sorted thx to Brink Tute)
    • I cannot add my new Win 10 (Xbox email, now new Win 10 login) to MAIL. Just wont do it stating Error 0x8000ffff

So from where I see it, I have two Win 10 Accounts associated with my Win 10.

OId Win 10 Outlook Login address & My new Outlook Login address (Xbox)
    I don't want the old one, I am old already *Tongue

It will be easy I said, just do it I said *Mad

What have I done and can I fix it? Is it a matter of waiting for MS to catch up and sync?

Recap

• Swapped original Win 10 MS Account log-in email with an existing MS Xbox Account log-in email.
    • Can now login to Win 10 with existing Xbox Account email & it is my new Win 10 Account.
    • Cant add Xbox Account (new 10 account) email to MAIL.
    • Store asks for old (original) Win 10 MS Account. (Sorted thx to Brink Tute)

Sorry for confusing post, like I said, geriatric.

EDIT:
    What I have tried:
    I removed the email and calendar apps and reinstalled

What I am too scared to try:
    Remove my PC (Device) listed on the old (original) email account online

Crazy account/login variations. My fault I suspect [​IMG]

:)

antspants, Jun 23, 2016
  2. Jasesc Win User

Windows 10 issue:- User Profile Service service failed to sign-in, on secondary user account.

I also have this problem. The regedit fix is not valid because this is for a new user account. The registry entry for the new user does not exist.

I've tried variations of new local/Microsoft, family/non-family, standard/administrator accounts on different e-mails/names. No matter what I do every attempt to login with the new accounts results in "User Profile Service Failed". Even the local accounts
    that are not using a Microsoft login!

Jasesc, Jun 23, 2016
  3. Jasesc Win User
    The User Profile service failed the sign-in.

I'm having the same problem. I can login with my Microsoft account no problem. But any attempts to add new user accounts fail with the "User Profile service failed" error. I've tried two different Microsoft accounts, one of which was never used with my
    computer before (no pre-existing profile), and variations of the family, non-family setups. Hope a resolution comes soon.

Jasesc, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

Crazy account/login variations. My fault I suspect

1. Crazy account/login variations. My fault I suspect - Similar Threads - Crazy account login

2. I can't login to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login to my account: My husband can not login to his account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-to-my-account/79506c62-cc0a-467d-9e60-feec36045386
  3. I can't login to my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't login to my account: My husband can not login to his account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-login-to-my-account/79506c62-cc0a-467d-9e60-feec36045386
  4. I get error codes when I try to login to my account on windows 11. Also I suspect that my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get error codes when I try to login to my account on windows 11. Also I suspect that my...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding an issue I am facing with my Microsoft account.I have been unable to log in to my account and have been receiving an error message that says, "something went wrong,...
  5. I get error codes when I try to login to my account on windows 11. Also I suspect that my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get error codes when I try to login to my account on windows 11. Also I suspect that my...: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek your assistance regarding an issue I am facing with my Microsoft account.I have been unable to log in to my account and have been receiving an error message that says, "something went wrong,...
  6. No login password craziness

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No login password craziness: I just re-installed Win10-64-Home-1909. I do not need a password at login, but am not able to do that. Here is what I have tried so far: netplwiz - uncheck user to enter password. Under user name box below that is my MS email account name. Apply. OK Reboot. Username and...
  7. BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD. friend suspects bad driver at fault: Here is the bugcheck https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YUXAEGaMKR_zbPFF0BrQR1Hj8UIfTJO_z35a-XhCMbk/edit?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-friend-suspects-bad-driver-at-fault/fba3590f-9563-4b57-9a5c-49fd4c8d8a76
  8. Upgrade login craziness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade login craziness: We did an in-place upgrade of a computer that is joined to the domain today using USB media and after the installation is now complete the only option it is giving us to log into the computer is with a Microsoft account. I get no option to prefix login name with domain\user...
  9. Account crazy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account crazy: Hi, i know there is a Microsoft account and a Windows account but as best i can tell im logged into 3 of my computers with a microsoft account. Why wont my windows password update when i change it in the microsoft account. I want one password for all. How can i make sure...
  10. Windows 10 variations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 variations: What are the differences between w10 Home and W10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-variations/39fdc0fa-617b-4b43-adfd-db8f895c68ff