Windows 10: Crazy CPU usage - help please!

Discus and support Crazy CPU usage - help please! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello all, I just bought a refurbished acer aspire laptop, 8gb ram running Windows 10 64b. It sits idle at below 10% - but if I even move the cursor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Expensive_Cattle, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Crazy CPU usage - help please!

Hello all,

I just bought a refurbished acer aspire laptop, 8gb ram running Windows 10 64b. It sits idle at below 10% - but if I even move the cursor, nevermind opening an app, it shoots up to 70 - 100%. Obviously this makes it almost unusable. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening, or any fixes I could make?

I'm not great at computers so simple eli5-type instructions would be a massive help!

I'd send it back but coronavirus lockdowns mean the shop is shut and I really need to work from home with this thing!

Thanks in advance Crazy CPU usage - help please! :)

submitted by /u/Expensive_Cattle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Expensive_Cattle, Mar 30, 2020

2. Devices and Printers - Crazy CPU usage

Hi Community,

I'm experiencing crazy cpu usage when accesing Devices and Printers. I've tried clearing my printer spool, stopping it and going into Systems 32 and clearing ths Spool however there is nothing there.

I've updated my printer drivers, then I unintalled my printer all together.

I turned off my bluetooth and removed all my bluetooth devices.

I went into services.msc and turned my bluetooth from manual to automatic and then tried to access my Printer and Devices and still get 100% usage on my CPU.

Help!!!

I'm not sure what else to try and I can't find a solution online.

Thanking you all in advance

Juan Mendoza

JuanMendozaXP, Mar 30, 2020
  3. JamshedMuhammad Khan, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Crazy CPU usage - help please!

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Crazy CPU usage - help please!

1. Crazy CPU usage - help please! - Similar Threads - Crazy CPU usage

2. PLEASE HELP ending high CPU usage with MsMpEng.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP ending high CPU usage with MsMpEng.exe: Hi. I am hoping someone can help me finally put an end to Malware Exec high CPU usage.I have disabled real-time protection on Windows Security.I have added the folder as an exception.I have made the DisableAntiSpyware changes in the registry.I have used gpedit.msc to disable...
  3. PLEASE HELP ending high CPU usage with MsMpEng.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP ending high CPU usage with MsMpEng.exe: Hi. I am hoping someone can help me finally put an end to Malware Exec high CPU usage.I have disabled real-time protection on Windows Security.I have added the folder as an exception.I have made the DisableAntiSpyware changes in the registry.I have used gpedit.msc to disable...
  4. Powershell High CPU usage, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell High CPU usage, please help: I'm not knowledge with software to make it clear. Powershell has been opening on start up and using a huge portion of cpu, bottlenecking my pc pretty hard. The only thing I did that maybe triggered this is that I updated Java and some Windows 10 updates. Please help I cannot...
  5. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage PLEASE help! :: So i have a problem with what i think is my CPU, i have not had this issue before. I started getting this issue like 2 weeks back and since then i've tried everything to make it work for example factory reset the whole computer. The only game i'm playing is CSGO and it's been...
  6. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage PLEASE help! :: So i have a problem with what i think is my CPU, i have not had this issue before. I started getting this issue like 2 weeks back and since then i've tried everything to make it work for example factory reset the whole computer. The only game i'm playing is CSGO and it's been...
  7. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy

Desktop & Apps keep Refreshing, CPU usage going crazy: Hi, for about 2 weeks I my Windows 10 has been having the following issue: The desktop disappears and reappears frequently as if it were reloading. This causes any Windows File Explorer windows open to freeze up temporarily. It also rapidly refreshes any App I have open and...
  9. CPU usage at 100% at all times please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU usage at 100% at all times please help: [ATTACH] Task Manager shows that my CPU is at 100% at all times even factory reseting my windows and wiping all the data off of my drives didnt help. On a fresh windows install i still get 100% usage.If i End Task on the App with the highest CPU usage than another running...
  10. Please help something makes my cpu usage on 100%

Please help something makes my cpu usage on 100%: Recently after playing gta v, my pc restarted without my permission when it booted up again it was lagging very bad, after opening task manager my cpu usage was on 100% by app called Services and Controller app, please help!! I cant even do a single task! Thanks...